Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIX - Game 10 ~ I'm Sorry (closes 31-Oct)

Very little is known about this game. Especially when it's a joke by the Japanese. So I did some very lengthy digging, all over the internet, bumped into Dig Dug, and then found this gem ... it will make you want to play this game even more ... (just click on the images for the readable version)

Cq2CEdR.jpg

aTI1HF9.jpg

Only 6 days to go until this game is closed.

🙈

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Pessimeister said:

Pessimeister: 470, 035

Slowly but surely running out of ideas. It's almost only about pure progress now. Still having fun with the game. 

Without giving too much away, there's more in there. In the last couple of days, I've got a new R5 strat which is risky, but really profitable. Just need to string everything together with minimal errors and in theory I could slip past 1M... 7.1% NEIPA isn't helping though 🍻

• Like 2

Yes, it all revolves around R5 for me as well. I've tried a few different things. My last game wasn't very efficient though with some time wasted, so I can hopefully push it a little more. 

That said, I think I've only seen R9 twice! So definitely more to play for. When it's all over, we'll have to compare notes - would be cool to know what I'm missing. 🙂 

• Like 1

It mostly seems to be finding the best point pressing strategy.   e.g. I used to hang around the centre on R1 jumping the barrel and taking out enemies, but it's riskier and only slightly more profitable than sitting in front of the exit until just before time runs out, as long as the barrel isn't up there with you!

Also, it appears you can control enemy movement to some extent, and it's more reliable later in each round.

Tips for everyone which may be common knowledge already, but here goes...

There are four different screens, which repeat with increasing difficulty.
Each round has at least one bonus.

Round 1
There are 4 bonus head statues in the T-shaped section in the centre of the screen, and they appear once all the gates have been cleared. They're worth 1500 each. However for every gold bar still remaining when the last gate has been cleared, one statue will be removed - e.g. if there are 3 gold bars remaining when you clear the last gate, only 1 statue will appear.
Also, if you die on R1 after the statues appear, you cannot make them reappear... I think.

Round 2
Two bonuses...

• The statue bottom left of screen will come to life once you move past it. If you can coax it to move back past the same spot, it will get back on its pedestal and you receive 1500. This can be repeated as long as you have time, and can avoid enemies/barrels!
    Round 5/9 has two statues.
  • Haven't quite figured this out definitively. A fish will appear jumping out of the water after about 5 seconds if you don't kill any enemies. Once the fish appears, you can kill enemies and the fish will stay for the round. If you can then hit the fish, a bee will appear which is worth 9800 if you catch it. I don't think it hangs around forever, so best not let it get away! Pretty sure you only get one of these per round.
    Also, the bee is hidden in a different spot on round 6/10, but this time it's worth an extra life!!!

Round 3
Punch the Eiffel Tower looking thingy and a pile of gold will appear, worth up to 10k. But hurry... it slowly disappears if you don't get to it in time.
The trigger spot & gold location is different in round 7, and I've just found where it is in round 11!

Round 4
Near bottom right of screen there's one of those statues - punch slightly left of this and a bee will appear. From memory it's in the same spot in round 8.

Haven't proof-read that all properly, so I hope it helps!

Edited by terencew
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pessimeister: 524, 554

Yes, that eiffel tower bonus is nifty. 🙂 I'll have to try out the Bee, that's new to me! I haven't sussed out the fish either, but I've been trying different timings on the jumps. Thanks for the ideas Terence! 

0028.png

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 4