Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 20 - Game 1 - Spirit of 76 - Closed

GAME 1.... And we have lift off...

VPGL 20 - Game 1 ~ Spirit of 76

Nominated by VPGL legend, PPLBob

Antique Pinball Machine | Pinball, Pinball machine, Pinball wizard 

Spirit of 76 was released by Gottlieb in 1975 and it is a 4 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by:     Ed Krynski, Wayne Neyens
Art by:     Gordon Morison
Notes: The 2-player version of this game is Gottlieb's 1976 'Pioneer'. A special 2-player Add-a-ball version, Gottlieb's 1976 'New York', was made in celebration of the 1976 lifting of the laws that had banned pinball in New York.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13328

The B2S can be downloaded here:

Included with table download

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 31 October 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

5 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be the first to touchdown?

• Like 2

78,980 woah weewah! this comp is taking off with some spice. Some new players throwing the cat amongst the pigeons and JAR is throwing his hat in the ring. Wooo hooo! Let’s go!

7B1FBEE7-44ED-43BD-AD05-E50E4BBB4C2A.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

You'll get there. I found the flippers a little off on this one, it'll take some practice.

And the ball physics is rather rubbery or bouncey this one could do with a nice makeover…I do remember playing this as a kid in the pinnie parlour in Sawtell…

Ah the old days pinballs and milkbars our dog would be at the local sawtell milkbar waiting for us to get of the bus…To many latte sucking cafes these days and the old dog would be put down if seen down there not on a lead….

• Like 2

Cc 332,090 oh no Lookout pinball guns. No sleep for you. When the white double bonus is lit keep trapping it on the right flipper. The double bonus holds while ever another switch is not hit and the ball doesn’t drain. Only one extra ball per ball. I hit it 4 times in one ball and was going you little ripper.......and was awarded 1. Aaaaaw! To trap the ball I hold the right flipper up and a stun shot. Just a Quick release and hold just before the ball hits the flipper and stops it in its tracks. Hehehe. Handy little move I accidentally learnt playing quicksilver .

F0106797-8C31-4F67-8912-DAD7D0C244FC.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT
Bettered the previous score and wanted to brag.
  • Like 4