Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Found: Fish Tales Topper

Should be a few getting around. We had a couple stolen on site.

Ebay has the fish.......Singing fish

Both major parts suppliers in Vic have the plastic doom. One has the fishtale ball launcher complete I think I read you were after as well?.

That just leaves the board the fish mounts on and the coil attaches to.

I'd have a go myself and make something better if I was you.

Getting a 2nd hand one may take a long time and probably cost far more than it's worth.

I have some decals and a precut board left with no holes from when I made mine if you want them? I also have a pic with the measurements marked for the positions. I bought my fish from pinball life, Dome and original board mount brackets  from PSPA. I haven’t fitted the solenoid assembly and wiring as needed it out the way so fitted without it. I’m Currently making the light board for up top and will fit that with wiring etc with the shell decals later. See pics I attached, some are upside down couldn’t work out how to flip it🤦‍♂️ If you want a decal let me know can have for nothing. @KJShad topper for sale a while back as he helped me with my measurements.

24F2069E-DAC1-4166-89FE-9AE585644120.jpeg

A932E416-0B80-4EE0-BB46-BC06975FB185.jpeg

7BA681E3-9BB6-4345-9C6D-009D115BEC78.jpeg

1AA36E24-03DE-42BB-8476-94B77BD757D7.jpeg

49F3DD78-DB5B-4E02-AE7F-9AE4F8DA4032.jpeg

• Like 3

I have managed to get all the parts from different sites, people etc so will make my own 😀

Got the dome from MarkC

1 hour ago, Brendo 78 said:

I have some decals and a precut board left with no holes from when I made mine if you want them? If you want a decal let me know can have for nothing.

Got the decals as well, thanks for the offer

Question for Fishies owners, do you leave your fish topper on or off? When I first got my fishies, topper was enabled. But due to all the fish shaking etc, one of the wires on the solenoid broke off, so the fish stopped shaking. To this day, I have never fixed it, because that goddam fish is so loud. I've also been told by a lot of people that the fish wears over time due to the constant tail shaking and it will eventually damage the topper.

Edited by namastepat

47 minutes ago, namastepat said:

Question for Fishies owners, do you leave your fish topper on or off? When I first got my fishies, topper was enabled. But due to all the fish shaking etc, one of the wires on the solenoid broke off, so the fish stopped shaking. To this day, I have never fixed it, because that goddam fish is so loud. I've also been told by a lot of people that the fish wears over time due to the constant tail shaking and it will eventually damage the topper.

I disconnected my fish many years ago, main reason being how noisy the flapping fish was!

I thought I'd reconnect it recently, but couldn't remember how I'd done it. Not gunna bother, it can remain a dead fish...

Pro tip: if you disconnect the topper connector you will also disable the flasher behind the lure which also uses this connector. Remove one of the connector pins for the coil but leave the flasher pins intact if you want to stop the flapping but not the flashing. Wrap in tape or otherwise secure the loose pin to prevent shorts. 

Edited by ocyen
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ocyen said:

Pro tip: if you disconnect the topper connector you will also disable the flasher behind the lure which also uses this connector. Remove one of the connector pins for the coil but leave the flasher pins intact if you want to stop the flapping but not the flashing. Wrap in tape or otherwise secure the loose pin to prevent shorts. 

I was thinking of putting a switch on the coil so I can turn it on or off. 

The wires to the fish coil broke regularly when the games were getting over 6-700 games a week. Simple solution for wires breaking through fatigue at a solder joint is form a spring in the wire. I had this shown to me many moons ago but I thank that guy, long dead now.

Grab a pen and twist the wire around it a couple of times to form a spring shape. Not to many twists or the extra weight of the wire will work against your intention. Now solder the wire on.

The wire suddenly stops breaking. Magic.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the topper, all done.

The Aussie parts came in within the week but the OS parts took over 2 months.

A big thanks to fellow AA member @knazzofor the fish, back board and lamp board in very nice condition.

With all the parts I just had to make up a bracket to fit the kicker and assemble.

13337579_2021-12-2414_38_10.thumb.jpg.d4248e88caced47cd5acb31f60b9d381.jpg

I did play a few games with the topper kicker hooked up but I don't think I would want it on all the time so I added a switch to turn it off and on when I want it.

1812588883_2021-12-2414_15_35.thumb.jpg.19eeff6f10fa6e9053fac2d9d3121987.jpg

Edited by thejudge
  • Like 1