Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIX - Game 9 ~ Andro Dunos (closes 24-Oct)

All good now, problem solved, got working on 183.

Hi Guys,

Having some trouble getting this running with the correct Bios setup as per the nominated ROMset, appreciate your learned advice.

In Wolfmame 183, I can select the correct Bios setting 'US MVS 4 Slot,Ver 2' but the game wont run with the error of missing files. I believe the neogeo.zip was updated around 173-174, is this the issue?. Tried a number of download combinations for both ROMset and Bios but nothing has worked, so far.

In Wolfmame 106 I can run the game but don't have the correct Bios setting in the options selections to chose, the closest option is 'US MVS (Ver. 2?)'

Im happy to just use 106 but the question is can I submit to MGL with these settings.

Thanks

Edited by Ace1942
Problem solved
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, megaderek said:

Only a small improvement on my previous score but as they say in King of Kong, every point counts!

0006.png

All improvements are worthwhile. Good stuff!

3 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

First coin drop, joystick still set on 4 way, but all good and gets me on the board. 👍🏻

A9B94804-627E-468B-A736-C12ACFD6082E.jpeg.1963fce4210cc5f05155651751e76ad8.jpeg

4 way on this game is like flying your ship with your eyes closed. Only very bad things can happen ... 🔫

11 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

All good now, problem solved, got working on 183.

Hi Guys,

Having some trouble getting this running with the correct Bios setup as per the nominated ROMset, appreciate your learned advice.

In Wolfmame 183, I can select the correct Bios setting 'US MVS 4 Slot,Ver 2' but the game wont run with the error of missing files. I believe the neogeo.zip was updated around 173-174, is this the issue?. Tried a number of download combinations for both ROMset and Bios but nothing has worked, so far.

In Wolfmame 106 I can run the game but don't have the correct Bios setting in the options selections to chose, the closest option is 'US MVS (Ver. 2?)'

Im happy to just use 106 but the question is can I submit to MGL with these settings.

Thanks

Well done, you worked it out. I had the same problem with a missing file using WM222. It's very annoying how these files keep changing between the versions. Sorry correction, it's very stupid ... 😭  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OOO said:

4 way on this game is like flying your ship with your eyes closed. Only very bad things can happen ... 

Just a quick practice run, is set to 8 way now, so I’ll see what I can do.
I had it set on 4 way from playing Rally Bike, which I now know is the wrong setup. 4 way L/R movements are more controllable but I was wondering why on LAX stage I kept getting run down by the tanker truck while weaving around the other bikes. I was looking for a strategy to deal with it, got through a couple of times but nothing consistent, then I realised I was loosing a bit of speed from the up input each time moving L/R allowing the truck to gain on me...doh

now I need to get used to the 8 way handling and should see my score jump. Was able to get a 2nd on SFO, where previously the best I could do was around 9th.

Edited by Ace1942
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

Just a quick practice run, is set to 8 way now, so I’ll see what I can do.
I had it set on 4 way from playing Rally Bike, which I now know is the wrong setup. 4 way L/R movements are more controllable but I was wondering why on LAX stage I kept getting run down by the tanker truck while weaving around the other bikes. I was looking for a strategy to deal with it, got through a couple of times but nothing consistent, then I realised I was loosing a bit of speed from the up input each time moving L/R allowing the truck to gain on me...doh

now I need to get used to the 8 way handling and should see my score jump. Was able to get a 2nd on SFO, where previously the best I could do was around 9th.

Well that makes it even more exciting for you now. Rally Bike is a lot of fun, and with 8 way you'll play even better ... ✔️ 

4 hours ago, Pessimeister said:

Pessimeister: 249, 400

Squandered three lives on the third stage pretty quickly. It reminds me a bit of Salamander, Gradius/Nemesis and good ol' R-Type.  

0008.png

Yes it does. So SNK had a go at this type of shooter, to catch up (or copy) to KONAMI, IREM and NAMCO.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terencew said:

I cannot express how much I dislike this game.

TER_androdun_2021-10-15_wolf236_128400.png

I understand. This is very tough.

These aliens aren't very friendly. Fine then, it's a shmup out!

PH_OOO_691320.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1