Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIX - Game 7 ~ Blood Bros. (closes 17-Oct)

The Good, The Bad, and The ...

MGLXLIX - Game 7 ~ Blood Bros.

Nominated by gamers: @DaLar and @Ivanstorm

ROMSet:

0.106-0.192: bloodbro - "Blood Bros. (set 1)"
0.193- : bloodbroja - "Blood Bros. (Japan)"

uxjp8Ox.png

Game Story:

The setting is the Wild West where the player moves a cross hairs and shoot at objects on a stationary screen. The player character can duck and roll along a one dimensional plane. A boss must be defeated before advancing to the next level.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 17-Oct-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. 

Leeching on Stage 1-2 and similar stages is not allowed. Move on. Leeching is not allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 7 ... Good Fun ...

xvy33NB.jpg

Please remember, leeching on 1-2 and similar stages is not allowed.

:classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Submitting this but I'll leave it up to OOO to decide if it's acceptable or not and I'm 100% fine either way.

I've played the game twice this morning using WolfMAME 183 and the bloodbro romset. Both times the game hasn't allowed me to enter my initials. My memory of the arcade version is that enter initials appears in the bottom left corner after the last death but this didn't happen. Therefore you cant tell if it's me playing or a random screenshot off the net. 

Reached 3-4

INP and screenshot attached

0000.png

bloodbro_534860.zip

Edited by RMacauley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RMacauley said:

Submitting this but I'll leave it up to OOO to decide if it's acceptable or not and I'm 100% fine either way.

I've played the game twice this morning using WolfMAME 183 and the bloodbro romset. Both times the game hasn't allowed me to enter my initials. My memory of the arcade version is that enter initials appears in the bottom left corner after the last death but this didn't happen. Therefore you cant tell if it's me playing or a random screenshot off the net. 

Found the reason why I couldn't enter my initials. 

If Allow Continue is set to No as in the settings in the first post after the last death the screen turns black and white straight away.

If Allow Continue is set to yes Enter Your Initials appears after the continue countdown and before the screen turns black and white.

This may have changed in later versions.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, megaderek said:

I had the same issue with bloodbroja and WolfMAME 216. Name entry doesn't work unless allow continue is on.

I was able to 1CC this back in the day but I haven't played it in 30 years!

0001.png

30 years later, the gauntlet has been thrown down again. Can you do it again?

🧤

On 30/09/2021 at 12:37 AM, RMacauley said:

Found the reason why I couldn't enter my initials. 

If Allow Continue is set to No as in the settings in the first post after the last death the screen turns black and white straight away.

If Allow Continue is set to yes Enter Your Initials appears after the continue countdown and before the screen turns black and white.

This may have changed in later versions.

I was wondering the same thing as well thanks for posting this 

6 hours ago, megaderek said:

I got up to Stage 5-2 yesterday but didn't beat my score. Stage 5-4 is the final stage I believe.

Wow. So you almost made your 30 year 1CC. What happens next?

🎂