IGNORED

SOLD: Ice Cold Beer

crick60

Ice Cold Beer (not the drinkable kind). 

$3500

NSW Illawarra area. 

Fully working condition - tested. 
Imported from the states some time ago, brand new isolating step down transformer included. 

Power supply fully operational and tested, all voltages and currents are tested correct. New bridge rectifiers installed all to original or better spec. 

Motors are working great, new belts installed. Previous owner had extra pulleys installed (not necessary). New ball on play field. 

I’ve done some work on the board to bring it back to life including new amp and cap kit for sound. Some new transistors. New errant ball solenoid and plunger kit. New fluro light and starter. All play field lights are working with one new LED on hole 6. 

The sound is great although has a bit of a hair trigger between good and loud but no functional problem.

The errant ball solenoid can take a few times to kick the ball back onto the play field. 

Cosmetically the cab is almost 40 years old and has its share of scars but is in good condition considering. The left hand side decal has some scratches and is slightly lifting a small section at the bottom. The right side decal is about the same but someone thought it would be a good idea in the past to screw a few holes towards the top (nothing crazy). The control panel overlay is about the same as the sides and is standard for the game, start button replaced for new.

The glass has paint missing in the usual places and the play field is as good as it gets living behind glass it’s whole life. 

Video in action: 

BE595C31-44D5-4ECB-BD4E-48F9197C13AE.jpeg

4027B959-BC38-4411-8AE8-783272D95F1A.jpeg

9D69B57E-BD5D-43EE-8F7D-74F09E801DCD.jpeg

96814445-1F58-4BE3-B0D0-500CEEA8E8E8.jpeg

FC8090AF-A058-458C-BB2B-6AAA2F9277A7.jpeg

6BA74793-75B4-4061-9A48-FD154004B11D.jpeg

39E81DF2-8C65-4BB4-A5CE-5CF31FB85414.jpeg

697E5E43-6BBF-4178-94BB-A485C7758911.jpeg

F26DDB3B-2FA6-4F66-B31D-EFFB5B101BCB.jpeg

8C46F376-0E8F-4BA1-AC73-6DD9304CCA75.jpeg

5EF0E97C-3B4A-44F8-B093-6AF90F8F5386.jpeg

Edited by crick60
Sold
  • Like 13

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, AskJacob said:

A unique machine. I have always wanted to make a bartop version of this. On the Gunna pile - with a million other things...

Agreed. I've had notes, software and links to similiar projects for a few years now. On the project list backlog 😉

Brad

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Super cheap this wont last. Hopefully will go in a nice games room.

I figured it was the right price for AA members. I’m sure it would go for more on the open market but who wants those headaches. Sorry if I’ve under valued other members machines, not cheap but not expensive. 

• Like 3

So now that’s it’s sold and not wanting to start something but what’s the attraction. Is it that’s its an older piece which I can appreciate but the gameplay didn’t look that exciting. What am I missing? Genuine question.

10 minutes ago, JOKERPOKER said:

So now that’s it’s sold and not wanting to start something but what’s the attraction. Is it that’s its an older piece which I can appreciate but the gameplay didn’t look that exciting. What am I missing? Genuine question.

Think of it like a skilltester that actually lets you test your skill, unlike a claw game that "cheats"... And in keeping with the theme it is ideal for trying to beat your score with a few more beers in you as the night goes on. Sure, if you were to have only one game in the cave it wouldn't be ideal, but a neat addition to a games room with other pieces in it. I have a pachinko machine for example - it is neat enough but pretty boring when it comes to "play and skill" with just turning a knob and hoping compared to actually controlling the game in Ice Cold Beer...

Edited by AskJacob
  • Like 2

For me it’s nostalgia which I guess stemmed from a love of the game. I worked at Funland as a youngster and it was my favourite game in the whole 3 levels of games (back when it was actually an arcade). 

In essence it makes all the right noises, provides instant feedback from the controls and is great fun to watch everyone have a go (people who can play make it look much easier than it actually is). Nowadays it’s been a great education piece for my kids too, it’s a great mix of slight EM and simple SS. 

It’s one of those games that once you’ve played it, it gets in your head. It’s got to be an on site cash cow in a pub if you could stomach the wear and tear. 

• Like 2