IGNORED

What Have You Planned Post CoVid?

Autosteve

Exciting times ahead....

Bathurst 1000 is on 4th  to the 7th November 2021. Never been myself preferring to watch on the telly but good to see the great race is on.

Tamworth Country Music Festival. Went to my first one in 2020 which was the last and was also the bushfire affected one and vowed to return. Didn't realise just how diverse Country Music really is prior to that first visit. Sadly cancelled due to CoVid in 2021 prevented that return but not 2022.  January 14th-23rd 2022 and counting down the days.

Really missed the Metal concerts as well during the CoVid years. Last band I saw was Arch Enemy at Sydney Uni that I took my eldest son and a couple of mates to after taking him to a few others, Accept and Judus Priest were his first taste of a concert and got him hooked. Covid come along and everything was cancelled but not any longer. My youngest son has been wanting to go for his first time as well so good times ahead.

Great to see some normality returning.

Anyone got anything planned?.

• Like 4

• Administrators

We had planned to go to Europe this year......alas who know when that will happen 😞

Looking for a nice coastal stay over later in the year instead. Haven't decided where yet

Brad

• Like 1

International borders opening in November if all goes well. I am taking 10 weeks of long service leave in Jan, so I am hoping I might be able to travel somewhere.

Double vaxxed, so travel should be open to at least a few countries.

• Like 1

All too familiar these stories unfortunately.

1st up will be to go and see our daughters and the little princesses up in Maitland and on the way back swing by @MrMaloo place to say g'day and pick up some back-glass Markseal.

Caravan is already loaded and booked for a couple of weeks on the Mid North Coast. We've rebooked/ replanned this trip 3 times now. Fingers crossed for that one.

We have had Norfolk Island booked for some time thinking we'll be fine by December '21 but looks like we'll be cutting it close. Air New Zealand cancelled their flights there a couple of months ago but we were lucky to rebook on a Qantas flight on the same days which was great (and a tad cheaper too).

We should have already done the Greek Isles by this time last year. @Brad we still haven't given up on that one.

Looking at doing some touring done the South West of NSW around March. Places like Tumut, Wagga, Narrandera, Young, Cowra, Orange etc. Guess we'll also see how we go.

@goodolddays And also getting back into cruising when we are all convinced its safe enough ( Think Ruby Princess).

Anyhoo, good luck everybody and don't become complacent just yet.

Also should add @Autosteve that Bathurst dates had been changed again and to the best of my knowledge it's now Tuesday 30 November to Sunday 5 December. The boys and I have had to rejig that one a few times as well.

Edited by Railways
Typo - Doh!
  • Like 5

Travel, Cruise, travel.

My wife and I both finished work 2 years ago with the thoughts of spending up to 3 months in Europe, COVID screwed that up but still hanging out to go.

Cruising got a really bad rap after the Ruby Princess debacle but I figure they will have learnt a lot of lessons so am looking forward to going to NZ on a Cruise.

We have been trying to get around but everything has just been getting cancelled.

Both double dose vaccinated.

• Like 2

We are hoping to do a road trip to Tassie at the end of this summer but timing may not work as we are also shortly listing our house for sale (NorthWest Sydney).

House sale has been on hold due Covid plus further delayed after I unexpectedly had to have a double hernia OP 3 weeks ago.

Also want to escape next winter to North Queensland and then a trip to NZ South Island towards the end of next year (probably incorporating a Cruise

(@Railways).

Luckily I retired 9th July so we have been keen to get out and about to start enjoying some travel again 

Edited by goodolddays
  • Like 2

@Railways I was thinking of you when I heard that 1st Bathurst date and great to see you will get to see the family. No major travel my way outside the state I'm afraid.

Was booked in to get the twin hernias taken care of and then Delta hit so that is still hanging over my head until elective surgery can take place again.

Wife and I both need to get to the dentist so not likely to be a real great year but can't be as bad as the last can it?.

• Like 3

how about something really exciting like trying to reinforce an already reinforced with star pickets boundary fence that doesn't have any concrete footings and 3 fencers came to quote and weren't interested?  Thinking 25mm x 25mm x 2400mm minimum right angle steel hammered into the ground, 2 on each post?

Go to the coopernook hotel for lunch have a few schooners place a few bets on the nags and then do the same thing at the Federal hotel in Alstonville crikey i love that pub the missus and i had been planing before covid hit on going to England to take a trip on the grand union canal and then onto Scotland for a trip on the scotish canals and do the falkirk wheel should that not come to pass then i will be just as happy going to pinfest or having friends round to have a few games of pinball a few drinks and  a good feed  the simple pleasures

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 07/10/2021 at 7:19 AM, Railways said:

We should have already done the Greek Isles by this time last year. @Brad we still haven't given up on that one.

Trying to get back there ourselves. Fingers crossed nest year or year after!

Brad

• Like 1

On 08/10/2021 at 12:42 AM, The Big Easy said:

Go to the coopernook hotel for lunch have a few schooners place a few bets on the nags and then do the same thing at the Federal hotel in Alstonville crikey i love that pub the missus and i had been planing before covid hit on going to England to take a trip on the grand union canal and then onto Scotland for a trip on the scotish canals and do the falkirk wheel should that not come to pass then i will be just as happy going to pinfest or having friends round to have a few games of pinball a few drinks and  a good feed  the simple pleasures

I'm in lismore not far from alstonville let me know when you make it there and I'll have a drink with you

I'd like to do a cross country usa trip in a old dodge van filling it full of stuff along the way with two of my mates and shipping it home before we fly home

• Like 3

10 hours ago, oldhank said:

I'm in lismore not far from alstonville let me know when you make it there and I'll have a drink with you

I'd like to do a cross country usa trip in a old dodge van filling it full of stuff along the way with two of my mates and shipping it home before we fly home

Oldhank That would be brilliant Im hoping to get up that way in a month or so it would be great to have a drink n discuss pinball lego and just shoot the shit in general with a like minded person I dont think the new owners of the Fed have any pins on site come to think of it i dont think the old owner did either but with a bit of luck that might change by the time i get up that way like i said it would just be brilliant to have a drink n a chat i look forward to it and will let you know when im gunna be up that way cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Big Easy said:

Oldhank That would be brilliant Im hoping to get up that way in a month or so it would be great to have a drink n discuss pinball lego and just shoot the shit in general with a like minded person I dont think the new owners of the Fed have any pins on site come to think of it i dont think the old owner did either but with a bit of luck that might change by the time i get up that way like i said it would just be brilliant to have a drink n a chat i look forward to it and will let you know when im gunna be up that way cheers

2 hours ago, The Big Easy said:

Edited by RGR