IGNORED

Bolted to the floor

peely

Interesting to read what others find, as I do when you get a new game. The honeymoon period only lasts so long and then, sometimes at least with me, I can't wait to see the end of it. AIQ anyone?

Out of the 60 odd games I've owned there's a few regrets in letting them go, but not really as I probably know someone with the game or can play on site; not atm of course...

The only game I'd like to own "for ever", is....Stars. Great pinball on so many levels. What are your bolted to the floor games?

Edited by peely
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, peely said:

Interesting to read what others find, as I do when you get a new game. The honeymoon period only lasts so long and then, sometimes at least with me, I can't wait to see the end of it. AIQ anyone?

Out of the 60 odd games I've owned there's a few regrets in letting them go, but not really as I probably know someone with the game or can play on site; not atm of course...

The only game I'd like to own "for ever", is....Stars. Great pinball on so many levels. What are your bolted to the floor games?

FLASH.....I love unadulterated pinball

Just play and make the shots...........

Only 20% of player 1's score on last ball and with skill you chase it down and double that score........I can never get tired of that...

• Like 5

There are no games bolted to the floor for me. I have always needed to sell them to fund other arguably more important things (renovating kitchen and bathroom etc) 

Have been hiring games for a month at a time while in lockdown and that gives a good idea of what games I could continue going back to and would want to have in a collection. So far I have hired ACDC Premium, Jurassic Park Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, Dialed In, Stranger Things Premium and Led Zeppelin Premium. I have also owned White Water, Demo Man, Galaxy, 24 and AIQ Pro. Out of those I think Jurassic Park would be the one that would be most "bolted to the floor" I agree with AIQ though... just not as good as the other Elwin games.

I think it would also depend on how many games you actually have. People with a huge collection of games could probably afford to have some bolted to the floor. Others with only a couple of games might not have that luxury. I only have room for one game at the moment so its hiring them for me. 

• Like 3

I’ve only got 5 games out of 15 that are never going to leave. F-14 tomcat,Back to the future, DE GNR, Banzai run and twilight zone. 
All others are very dear to me but I can’t say never. Munsters and GnR have only just arrived so still in that honeymoon period but are looking like stayers. 

• Like 2

Well I thought about 5 of mine were in this category, but circumstances change and new projects await so I have let some heartfelt favourites go lately. Been up to 24 at once  hovered at 12-14 for a long time and now down to 7 with intention to go to 5.

It's about space and funding my projects really.

I think I'll end up with most games being rethemes or full blown custom in the end.

None of the NIB stuff excites me whatsoever in the last few years other than my custom Stranger things. Alien maybe..but then, well, you know.....

• Like 6

Batman 66 , Ghostbusters  , Terminator 3  and Tommy .

A few others of mine  that fall into - the hard to find which don't play that well  desirable keepsakes category .

I've always wanted the chance to own  a  Tron , LOTR , CV , TZ  .... but those bolts have always seem to been tighten down extremely  hard

Edited by pinthing
  • Like 2

realizing that i will never have a shed big enough to hold all my games and the time to keep them all running, at least half of my collection will go in the next couple of years
there will be some out the door first , and some i will hold onto for my grandson, but my son only wants to have two or three

• Like 3

Its the mighty Flash Gordon for me not only is it bolted  to the floor but has grown roots it was the first pin i owned had to let it go when i moved to Darwin took me 17 years acquire another one i love and enjoy playing it so much i could never part with it again its therapeutic the old Pinbot always puts a smile on my dial and altho i dont play the Data East Star Wars as much as i used to i  still enjoy playing it they are all keepers i reckon they have to be they are the only pins ive got

Edited by The Big Easy
  • Like 5

Bolted to the floor TWDLE, tough as never been too deep into the game but always aim to get to horde which is SUPER fun and the into is nuts!

Taped to the floor are deadpool premium, WH2O, xmenle and tmntle. WH2O was my first grail pin and I’ve done close to a full restore on it (baring some targets) and I’ve only been to the vacation jackpot twice maybe 3x in a decade of owning it, oh and I finally managed to boot @RGR off the GC with a 1.5b score!! Deadpool is a cracker of a game and I want to get a bit deeper into the code. Xmen Le I have never been to danger room or dark Phoenix and I’ve owned it since new, the game flows really nicely and always has that one more game appeal. Tmntle is the newer kid on the block and I like my Borg games, it plays super fast and has a few different wizard modes, team up is a great mid achievement and there’s a few other things in there that Dwight’s coded in which are really fun.

Woz, iron man, JP2 and gotgle are all fantastic games but they’re in the out the door are if something else was to come in. Woz I’ve had since new in 2015 and I enjoy it but I’m not sure I’ve got the patience to get to somewhere over the rainbow although I know I’ve been close once or twice, it’s starting to lose its lustre I think the wife likes it the most though so it’ll probably stay. Iron man kicks man Ass every single game but that’s what I like, I’ve been to do or die and Jericho several times but it’s always there as something to get to. Gotgle is also new but I’ve never had it at home yet because I dropped it at a mate before Covid hit… JP2 always kicked my ass at friends places and I’d always get frustrated with it but having at home and the game seems to play differently has swayed my opinion a bit and it’s reasonable new so it won’t be first out the door but you never know.

I’ve got too many games for the space at the moment and something really should leave as I’m storing a game at a mates but at the moment I really enjoy all my games and don’t want any to leave. With those 5 bottom games it’s going to be hard to let them go though and it’ll be regretful sales. I do only miss 1 maybe 2 games from the 30+ games I’ve sold and that being Houdini. I did miss Lotr but then played it again a few years after selling it and was glad I’d sold it as my tastes had changed. 

• Like 2

I've always told people my Kiss (Bally) will be buried with me LOL, so that qualifies it as one of my bolted to the floor games, and would be the last to go if i had to sell them all! Pretty much all the games i currently own and have up and running are keepers, as they are all titles i played a lot back in the good old days. 

I DID sell a few i always swore i'd never part with; Stern Stingray (my first ever game i bought in 1988), Roller Disco and Abracadabra all of which i regret selling, only reason they went was i needed $$ at the time. 

Edited by Mr Pinbologist
  • Like 4

Jeffs room has been constantly evolving in the pinball lineup for over 25 years now and its got to the stage now that when I need the room for a "grail" game (lets be honest - there is always at least one on your mind) its gets harder and harder to choose which one has to go.

Having said that I can definetly say Fathom will never leave before me. Its always been hard to let any of the Bally SS games go but.......

The rest would go with a price attached - maybe??. I say that today - LOL...

• Like 3

Never been upset seeing one go at the time but if I had to say one I wish I didn't let go it would be Speak Easy 2. Yes, not one many would think of as a keeper but I did like the concept of an add a ball SS. It was a machine I never played or saw for that matter prior to getting mine. The only other machine, that I still own but never saw or played prior was Black Pyramid.

I suppose I've been blessed having other people's machines come through being repaired for decades so the addiction was always being feed but thinking about it, all the machines I have personally owned were rarely hunted for, more right place at the right time. Machines sitting in a back corner in some operator's warehouse not working and the price was right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Bolted to the floor TWDLE, tough as never been too deep into the game but always aim to get to horde which is SUPER fun and the into is nuts!

Yep!

Have culled from 12 to 3 and the remaing three are Maiden (MDN), Ironman, and TWD LE. I'd say all three are keepers but I'm sure if push came to shove that TWD is the only real keeper.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

BSD for me. Onto my second one, and in the condition it's in I'd never be able to replace it. I love the simplicity of the rule set, the high (but fair) level of difficulty, and the fact that if you're having a bad game it's usually over with quickly 🙂

• Like 1

JJP GnR aint going anywhere. 

Absolutely kills every pinball that I have played in the last 40+ years. 

I few more code tweaks from Keefer gonna make this one  pure perfection.

Stunning game in so many ways. 

Edited by Ando77
  • Like 2