Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tommy - watch an idiot bite off more than he can chew!

6 hours ago, TimeBandit said:

Maybe a couple more hi-res..

Great pics, those are going to help me with my TFTC project as I don't have before pics of any of the wiring. I might have to up my game as your setting the standard very high 

Edited by thejudge

Awesome work! I vote no on the decals. Cabinet doesn’t look that bad. Stern lollipop rails would look amazing if you are willing to diverge slightly from original.

Added bonus when I installed lollipop rails on my DE GNR was the crinkle finish matched the new lockdown bar perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djc said:

I vote no on the decals. Cabinet doesn’t look that bad.

Yeah, I've always thought the cabinet overall was great, which is why I have left the decals in the cupboard for years.

Just the corners, the red fade, and an overall blackening layer on the yellow, like micro-overspray, which sometimes looks like black coming through from underneath. Either way, I can't remove it.

I've though of masking up all the artwork and just doing a yellow spray all over. I would then have to feather into all the edges of the artwork. Daunting task.

Edited by TimeBandit
  • Like 1

I vote yes to the new decals IF they were new (ish) and not in the cupboard for years as with all the other very fine work you are doing on this game do you really want the cabinet (the 1st thing you see) to be the weakest link??

Personally I would be checking the stored decals for glue tac and if they have shrunk or deformed over time. After that your decision might be made for you.

• Like 3

On 29/09/2021 at 9:09 PM, TimeBandit said:

Service lights installed. 

20210929_210828.thumb.jpg.132d1c1ab245ccac2c09982fc13d1ecb.jpg

Oh nice idea. Love it, bling and practical!

On 30/09/2021 at 1:11 PM, TimeBandit said:

Should I do the decals? I’m never going to get the outside of the cab looking new by touching up the paint.

28132937-CA87-46CE-99F0-DB427FC769E9.thumb.jpeg.063d7ac5d8334c7d4512394843a7281d.jpeg

7FECC609-58BB-424F-914E-CB9DCD0BF57F.thumb.jpeg.65c3c057bc90f1a6486a8eff9713bf02.jpeg

72F5051A-574D-4AC8-9615-F939EC8E7FA4.thumb.jpeg.7dfbd92591e1bd096d04fabd5cf01a3b.jpeg

Do it👍🏼

• Like 1

So, I'm waiting on one more parts delivery, which happens to include a new mirror decal. 

And I'm thinking,  why not just mirror polish the mirror? Maybe it can be a real mirror instead of a decal. 

Here is the switch assembly with old decal removed..

20211001_215733.thumb.jpg.02f5e1f3e7de0005ab5c1b74abf80d31.jpg

And after half an hour or so of polishing..

20211001_224617.thumb.jpg.d1a5c7a9402e5baadb5866ab48ed1a1b.jpg

• Like 1

isn't it from the other side? The scrapes make it appear so - and the placement of the square holes for the bolts - you need to be able to put them in when the head is there and you can't when it is trapped under it like it would be in that position...

6 minutes ago, AskJacob said:

isn't it from the other side? The scrapes make it appear so - and the placement of the square holes for the bolts - you need to be able to put them in when the head is there and you can't when it is trapped under it like it would be in that position...

It is from the other side, the bolts that attach to the head are on outside, I've just been looking at that for my project.

I have the bolts that connect to the head but not to the cabinet, not sure what size ?

Edited by thejudge