IGNORED

Earthworks and wall

Ryan555

Finally after a year or so of delays the work started on my wall.  The builder used a Versawall https://www.adbrimasonry.com.au/commercials/retaining-walls/engineered-walls/versawall-1

Took days to get the soil out due to the tight space and small machine.  It did rain right at the wrong moment when the soil was exposed but thankfully the soil did not collapse.   I even found my old Tonka truck 🙂 at my parents place. Will post more as it progresses.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

image022.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

This is a photo from the top part of the wall with new turf put down (Empire Zoysia).  Its been awhile since it was put down and I have not needed to mow it yet.   However random Nutgrass is coming up ☹️.  I have been pulling them up by hand, so far so good, but for how long...

image023.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

This is a photo from the top part of the wall with new turf put down (Empire Zoysia).  Its been awhile since it was put down and I have not needed to mow it yet.   However random Nutgrass is coming up ☹️.  I have been pulling them up by hand, so far so good, but for how long...

image023.jpg

Nut grass is a pain mate, I know what you’re going through! Whenever I try to yank it out by hand I inevitably end up leaving the “nut” in the soil ready for it to sprout again. When I bought some nut grass poison I was amazed by how little the bottle was, wickedly expensive too

On 30/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, Brad said:

A bit of green is always nice but that small an area I would have been very tempted to to without grass. Its come up nice though!

Brad

I know, I was thinking the same its a small area should I turf it but in the end I wanted to have less concrete around the place.

19 hours ago, Tonjo said:

Nut grass is a pain mate, I know what you’re going through! Whenever I try to yank it out by hand I inevitably end up leaving the “nut” in the soil ready for it to sprout again. When I bought some nut grass poison I was amazed by how little the bottle was, wickedly expensive too

Yes my brother just told me about that, he is going to give me some, I will try it out.

• Like 1