Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

nba fastbreak linked pair issues

any one with experience with linked nba,s      game 1  popbumpers score 2 points per 2 strikes    ,, game 2  2 points per 14 hits    ,,, changed all adjustments to identical   swapped roms  in cpu no good    ,, then tried factory reset  and it came good   until later when we played again and now the scoring issue has now changed to game 2   and game 1 is playing properly ,,  itll be something simple  but WTF  ,,  any help  please

John has been in touch, but I have no idea? 

Sounds weird to me.

Only thing I can suggest is that the ROM's aren't actually identical??

This has nothing to do with pinball, but when I linked 2 Crusin USA cab's, I has lot of issues linking them until I had the ROM's cloned to be absolutely identical. I know it's a left field suggestion, but it has changed machines and you mentioned you changed ROM's also?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Crafty said:

John has been in touch, but I have no idea? 

Sounds weird to me.

Only thing I can suggest is that the ROM's aren't actually identical??

This has nothing to do with pinball, but when I linked 2 Crusin USA cab's, I has lot of issues linking them until I had the ROM's cloned to be absolutely identical. I know it's a left field suggestion, but it has changed machines and you mentioned you changed ROM's also?

Having said that happy to verify both sets John.

• Like 1

Back with my issue. I initially has Ken burn/write me the new Rom's for the Crusin' and I had issues. Then somewhere on KLOV I read about a similar issue so sent both sets off to Ken and he cloned one off the other so they were identical and for whatever reason it worked. I know nothing about burning/writing chips hence the need to use Ken.

I am sure people more knowledgeable than me will have other idea's but can you clone the working chips onto the other chips? If that doesn't work well I'm stumped. Esp as the same issue occurred on both machines before and after the chip swap. If I'm reading the first post correctly.

Linked Fastbreaks are a unique and fun way to play pinball, no question.

• Like 1