IGNORED

Next Stern ……GODZILLA

Replay

1 hour ago, OurManinOz said:

I can imagine getting a call any time from tomorrow when AMD are back. I'm still a bit confused as to how you're sure they're rolling out this week when AMD have been closed since the 24th. Did you confirm the shipment had landed before then? I'll probably shoot them an email tomorrow anyway. Mind you I'm meant to be away most if not all this week so probably couldn't coordinate a delivery anyway. 

They definitely landed. There’s guys in WA that received them earlier this week. 

53 minutes ago, Boof Head said:

They definitely landed. There’s guys in WA that received them earlier this week. 

So they went through to the other distributors despite AMD being shut. Interesting and a little annoying for AMD customers.  

• Like 1

I think AMD opens and checks all the games before any leave. They don’t have to check the others as Zax and Joe do their own checks. They probably got them shipped just before they shut shop and didn’t have time to check them all. 
Joe over here was obviously open when AMD wasn’t to check and deliver. 

Edited by Boof Head
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boof Head said:

I think AMD opens and checks all the games before any leave. They don’t have to check the others as Zax and Joe do their own checks. They probably got them shipped just before they shut shop and didn’t have time to check them all. 
Joe over here was obviously open when AMD wasn’t to check and deliver. 

Yeah they do check all the the games. Yeah I'd expect that to be the case for ones going to the other state distributors. Sounds like that was probably the case. AMD had told me don't expect the machine till into January back when I ordered it. I've already flicked an email and off today to enquire about it, mentioning I've heard other states have already taken delivery. Their guys still have their holiday auto response email in place I noticed. So see what comes back tomorrow I guess. 

Already heard back from AMD today and pretty much right on as they estimated originally, the machines will roll out over the next 2 weeke. So sounds like guys in other states got a handy leg up on the NSW buyers while AMD was shut. 

would’ve been nice if everyone got them around the same time, in saying that, at least the machines are here and not 3 months late like Mando 👏👏

• Like 1

On 10/01/2022 at 9:19 AM, Shock_And_Awe said:

Good on the guys at AMD for taking a break over Christmas. I'm exited too but an extra week or two won't hurt anyone. It's just a pinball.

I agree totally, the boys and girls at AMD needed a good rest. Hopefully they all had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year.

Waiting an extra week or two or even longer is ok by me too.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

Wow that LE looks awesome, nicely compliments that mando too. Congrats on your new game!!

I agree, very striking PF.

57 minutes ago, Replay said:

Guys who got their LE’s, have they got insider connect installed? 

Yes but I'm having issues with it and my house wifi.

I can connect but the machine goes from connected to disconnected and then stays that way.

My ubiquiti access point is only about 10 meters away. It has massive range and I can walk out of my house and down the street and still be connected.

Hotspot from my phone works fine when it's right next to it so it feels like its an antenna issue or something in the wlan config it doesnt like.

Havn't yet had a look at the type of adapter they have used. I'll need to see if I can either fix its reception, replace the wifi card with one with an external antenna or shift the machine to the otherside of the room and hard wire it in.

I did a few other minor fixes this morning. Posted details in the pinside godzilla owners thread. Everyone should probably check the play on their bridge to see if it is hitting or not.

Mine already had marks on it after only a hand full of games so it would have likely also cracked.

1 hour ago, Cooked71 said:

Looks like it in @OurManinOz photo above. ☝️

It looks a little different to that.

It shows it like this 

IMG_3381.jpg.51b74c2783b5c9e7dceb0c0b82415ab4.jpgIMG_3383.jpg.1bde1cba78749344e7b239487a95491e.jpg

You then get achievements etc. 

image.thumb.png.887a30eb04743ad57f6ea6e20e10c4bd.png

image.thumb.png.0e0c04f495bee1bd683cadd8f56705ac.png

edit: well it’s probably not a range issue. Check out the antennas on the adapter! Might try relocating it outside of its faraday cage!

2CFD7AE8-901A-46B5-BA51-95DAC9A4EFC4.jpeg

Edited by Koops
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Koops said:

It looks a little different to that.

It shows it like this 

IMG_3381.jpg.51b74c2783b5c9e7dceb0c0b82415ab4.jpgIMG_3383.jpg.1bde1cba78749344e7b239487a95491e.jpg

You then get achievements etc. 

image.thumb.png.887a30eb04743ad57f6ea6e20e10c4bd.png

image.thumb.png.0e0c04f495bee1bd683cadd8f56705ac.png

edit: well it’s probably not a range issue. Check out the antennas on the adapter! Might try relocating it outside of its faraday cage!

2CFD7AE8-901A-46B5-BA51-95DAC9A4EFC4.jpeg

I thought he meant installed, like hardware installed. 

Exciting times! Hopefully they come out with some cool features for it soon.

Apparently that antenna is only on export games.

Just now, Cooked71 said:

I thought he meant installed, like hardware installed. 

Exciting times! Hopefully they come out with some cool features for it soon.

Apparently that antenna is only on export games.

Oh sorry, my apologies 🙂

It surprised me with that antenna, was just expecting one of those tiny usb integrated ones.

Havnt had a chance to debug my Wi-Fi issue though. Likely to be a setting it doesn’t like.

The light on the scanner hasn’t bothered me at all while playing.

I also saw that there is a method to hook up all insider capable machines to a single scanner. So if anyone had a zilla plus any of the connected capable machines then you can save yourself the cost of additional kits and get achievements on all your machines!

3 minutes ago, Koops said:

Oh sorry, my apologies 🙂

It surprised me with that antenna, was just expecting one of those tiny usb integrated ones.

Havnt had a chance to debug my Wi-Fi issue though. Likely to be a setting it doesn’t like.

The light on the scanner hasn’t bothered me at all while playing.

I also saw that there is a method to hook up all insider capable machines to a single scanner. So if anyone had a zilla plus any of the connected capable machines then you can save yourself the cost of additional kits and get achievements on all your machines!

Yeh….I can’t see myself forking out a small fortune to buy a scanner for all my Spike games. Will just wait to see how good it is before even doing the network diverter trick.

• Like 1

Not only does this game look great, it's a delight to play!

Shots everywhere. Flow, and more flow. Combos galore. Toys and moving gadgets. Wow!

It's already my 2 year old grandson's preferred game.

Currently No. 1 on Pinside's Top 100. And the code isn't yet at 1.X! How great will this game eventually become!?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Replay said:

Guys who got their LE’s, have they got insider connect installed? 

Insider connect installed and all registered but as per another Aus owner also said on Pinside, the machine keeps saying 'machine offline', despite fact it is when you go to use the camera with the code. I don't really care about IC much at all just like with Scorbit connectivity on the Hobbit (which works). 

As expected my game was nowhere close to right level, was set at 6 degrees would you believe 🙄. No it's level it plays brilliant. 

Edited by OurManinOz

Fixed my wifi issues.

Metal backbox is pretty much a faraday cage plus what seems to be a pretty poor wifi adapter even with its giant dual antennas (I wonder if they are fake).

The head drops the signal by atleast 60%.

So if your signal was marginal to start with it wont help, my access point is upside down roof mounted about 5 meters away from the top of godzilla.

Used my phone which had significantly better reception and used it to understand what attenutation was caused by the back box and/or location of antenna.

Inside : 92mbps. Default adapter position.

IMG_0847.thumb.jpg.d3988b140ec38aa7e1191cdf7eba3f0f.jpg

Front : 227 mbps

IMG_0848.thumb.jpg.4aa0a2fb36ea1657bc01bce7e61b453b.jpg

top : 233 mbps

IMG_0846.thumb.jpg.63ce0fcc80a3fb07cc79afe2cfc401ed.jpg

I didnt want to have to look at the antenna sitting on top of the machine so I moved it.

IMG_3391.thumb.jpg.a208241471c0ab8a86ee355dfa84dd59.jpg

Detach the adaptor and put the usb through the topper hole, reattach the adapter and zip tie to the back and see if that helps.

Use a phone app to help determine you best position.

Edited by Koops
  • Like 6

Interesting. I've got a 70% signal with a super powerful Netgear Orbi sitting 3m from the backbox. It can check for software updates in under a second so I know there's no fundamental connectivity issues. Something else is at play in mine. I can update my Hobbit and use Scorbit with its wifi that's further away still from the AP.