IGNORED

Next Stern ……GODZILLA

Replay

I got hit up for paying my 70% percent deposit on an LE yesterday. Took a deep breath as that's most deposit I've ever been whacked on any Stern. Prompted me to list my DP LE for sale today to replace what went out, That's despite what I'm told is a wait till Jan, with a small chance of being earlier🙄. Reasonable chance could have Fathom Mermaid in it's spot a while before we see Godzilla land.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OurManinOz said:

I got hit up for paying my 70% percent deposit on an LE yesterday. Took a deep breath as that's most deposit I've ever been whacked on any Stern. Prompted me to list my DP LE for sale today to replace what went out, That's despite what I'm told is a wait till Jan, with a small chance of being earlier🙄. Reasonable chance could have Fathom Mermaid in it's spot a while before we see Godzilla land.

Wow. That's a big jump up in deposit needed. Did you ask what happened to make it that high?

1 hour ago, micky said:

Wow. That's a big jump up in deposit needed. Did you ask what happened to make it that high?

Yeah no I didn't. I know the guys a bit too well there, they'd probably look sideways at me if I made a point about it. Plus I really only thought about it when they sent the invoice through after calling me. 

10 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Yeah no I didn't. I know the guys a bit too well there, they'd probably look sideways at me if I made a point about it. Plus I really only thought about it when they sent the invoice through after calling me. 

Don’t worry, I got the same with Mando which was the first for mine that such as high deposit was required. You can thank Stern however. Paid in June and still waiting for the game..late October at this stage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, micky said:

I think it’s just an LE thing - maybe because they can? Pretty sure you don’t need that sort of deposit with Pre Pro?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

I think it’s just an LE thing - maybe because they can? Pretty sure you don’t need that sort of deposit with Pre Pro?

I am almost certain Pro and Premium are 50% deposit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, radirgyman said:

$1000 deposit for premiums At Zax.

Someone told me the other day AMD wanted 50% deposit for a Godzilla premium but thats third hand and not direct from AMD so who knows. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cooked71 said:

It's definitely gone up in last couple of years as it wasn't this high with BKSOR LE which was my last LE.

• Like 2

People keep buying them so from a business perspective why not... I still think its a amazing that people have $100K+ collections but maybe thats because they are break even at worst? mehh

8 hours ago, RGR said:

People keep buying them so from a business perspective why not... I still think its a amazing that people have $100K+ collections but maybe thats because they are break even at worst? mehh

100k might be a 2-3 game collection these days 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, pinball god said:

Elaborate on that please as I've purchased le's before,  $1k down and...... 

I needed to pay a $10k deposit for Mando LE, the first time for mine that has been a requirement. That is because Stern were requesting distributors to cough up the full amount in advance, so the distributor pays the balance.

23 hours ago, pinball god said:

Elaborate on that please as I've purchased le's before,  $1k down and...... 

As above - $10k down on Mando, $11k down on Godzilla. Gives you an indication of margin I guess. 

Market is so strong they can get away with it - you don’t want to, it’s on to the next buyer. Recently theres always more LE buyers than LE’s available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooked71 said:

As above - $10k down on Mando, $11k down on Godzilla. Gives you an indication of margin I guess. 

Market is so strong they can get away with it - you don’t want to, it’s on to the next buyer. Recently theres always more LE buyers than LE’s available.

Sorry I'm lost. So what you're saying is that it's no longer $1k down to reserve an le,  50% down on leaving for oz and then balance prior to delivery to your door? 

2 minutes ago, pinball god said:

Sorry I'm lost. So what you're saying is that it's no longer $1k down to reserve an le,  50% down on leaving for oz and then balance prior to delivery to your door? 

No, $11k down when you confirm your order i.e. in the few days after announcement -  and balance prior to delivery to your door.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, db666 said:

No, $11k down when you confirm your order i.e. in the few days after announcement -  and balance prior to delivery to your door.

Wow that's a bit rude. In that case I'll never be in for an le again. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pinball god said:

Same difference, has to be paid for at some point. LE’s have always been 50% deposit since I’ve been buying them, first being Transformers, last being Iron Maiden

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pinball god said:

Blame Stern, such is the demand for LE’s that is what they can get away with.

Edited by Ronin74
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JOKERPOKER said:

Ahh the modern age, sucks to be an NIB buyer but as @Cooked71said. They have loooong lists of people waiting to take your spot. I know we keep saying when does it end.....maybe it doesn’t !

Scott, Real good question that is often talked about, "When will it end?"  I guess this discussion is for another thread but it will end.  Everything does.    

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Glenn70 said:

Scott, Real good question that is often talked about, "When will it end?"  I guess this discussion is for another thread but it will end.  Everything does.    

Who knows?

I'm only assuming the prices will keep rising. However, I think the only way to stamp out crazy prices on the secondary market would be for pinball manufacturers to produce more units, remove LE's (different tiers) and go back to how it used to be pre Sterns Avatar. Just the one machine like the Old Bally Williams. 

But business is ALL about making money right. 

FOMO + Hype Hype Hype. 

• Like 4

I think we'll know more by this time next year in what should be a fully post lockdown world and people having had more time to go back to normal with travel etc. I know the US and Europe have a had big head start there but I don't think things have totally gotten back to normal just yet. I definitely can't see this local market second hand hype, like with so many other categories affected by that as well, being sustained. Whether manufacturers will see a change will be more interesting. I guess the other factor is how many new pins come out across the next 12 months and the impact that has on demand and prices.

• Like 5