Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern ……GODZILLA

20 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

Can’t believe we have to wait until Jan to play!!!!! How much is Air freight?

Yeah it sucks that we get the last release as the new release is shown. Those waiting with bated breath for Mando are now waiting for Godzilla who will then be waiting for the next one.  Never ending story.

But Godzilla does certainly look different. The things I really like about it are the tower, no pop cluster, the under the flipper shot and it’s different. I’ll waiting to play one before putting down $$ and it’ll give me time to unload something else in saying that the games I have I love so I need a bigger room… 

On 17/09/2021 at 3:51 PM, radirgyman said:

My mate Dave received his GnR LE last night. He literally said that he can’t even switch on his sterns now due to the quality/comparison of JJP GnR. I told him to chill out as sterns are still fun nonetheless. But I get what he’s saying. 

Ah the honeymoon phase it’s delightful isn’t it! We all have them it’s just a matter of how long it lasts!! 

Edited by Audioenslaved
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Dedrok said:

I’ve lost interest almost completely over the last year or so.

Wether it be life has just beaten me down so constantly the last 5 years, having to sell everything I own only to see prices then double/triple, be priced out of the market to ever buy back in, or be it something else. 

Its ok seeing all the new machines coming out and GZ looks goodish. Nice world under glass, art colouring is too much, just like the last few Sterns. Yeti as usual. 

Mechs a plenty as usual and KME pushes the limit again. Unlike that lazy, recycling Zeplin Richie MF  

Doubt I’d be seeing one any time soon. 

Ritchie should’ve definitely retired after AC/DC

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RGR said:

Finally the option of putting your name in the game.. Solid QR package. Playfield is at least the 2nd best ever done by Stern. 

Which is the best JP2?
For $1500 they can jam the QR/wifi though, that price is just beyond!  Maybe for $1-200 AUD I’d be in but only maybe. I do like that kind of stuff though. And in the current collection I’d be adding it to 4 games. $6k no thank you that’s game of some description. 

1 hour ago, Audioenslaved said:

Which is the best JP2?
For $1500 they can jam the QR/wifi though, that price is just beyond!  Maybe for $1-200 AUD I’d be in but only maybe. I do like that kind of stuff though. And in the current collection I’d be adding it to 4 games. $6k no thank you that’s game of some description. 

Where are people getting $1500 for Wi-Fi from? I'm hearing $200usd. Are we thinking the price rise is purely due to the reader being added? At $1500 I'd think everyone would be out,  I am. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Audioenslaved said:

Ah the honeymoon phase it’s delightful isn’t it! We all have them it’s just a matter of how long it lasts!! 

Valid! 

Happens with every single thing you buy. 

The amount of times I’ve heard “this is bolted to the ground”. And then on sold. 

🤣

3 hours ago, pinball god said:

Where are people getting $1500 for Wi-Fi from? I'm hearing $200usd. Are we thinking the price rise is purely due to the reader being added? At $1500 I'd think everyone would be out,  I am. 

In an interview with George Gomez a few weeks ago, he said that he made it clear to the heads at Stern he did not want the new hardware for Connected to be a revenue stream for Stern. He wants it installed on as many peoples machines as possible and the only way for that to happen is make it affordable. There's no way it's $1500. 

I'm extremely excited about the Connected platform and plan to buy it for all 3 of my Stern games. 

Edited by Jesder
  • Like 1

yeah the price hike is not good and then to get your value apparently there is a $40USD per month access fee = $480 USD per year or about $650 AUD per year

and for older games - spike 2's you need to pay for the apron and wifi link upgrade so probably another $100-200USD per game

note sure if the proposed monthly fee is per game or multiple games ???

Edited by swinks

3 hours ago, radirgyman said:

Valid! 

Happens with every single thing you buy. 

The amount of times I’ve heard “this is bolted to the ground”. And then on sold. 

🤣

Yeh, bolted to the floor until they aren’t. I prefer blue tacked to the floor.

Only 2 games that have ever been bolted to the floor for me are Metallica LE and ACDC.

But have bought and sold ACDC 3 times. Last time I sold it I assumed it would be easy to find again…….

4 hours ago, pinball god said:

That’s the price increase and the reason why the price increase listed on the AMD website. Although all the other games are still at $12250.

1 hour ago, Jesder said:

In an interview with George Gomez a few weeks ago, he said that he made it clear to the heads at Stern he did not want the new hardware for Connected to be a revenue stream for Stern. He wants it installed on as many peoples machines as possible and the only way for that to happen is make it affordable. There's no way it's $1500. 

I'm extremely excited about the Connected platform and plan to buy it for all 3 of my Stern games. 

Me too. Very interested just want to know the cost but there’s definitely a line where I’m out 

56 minutes ago, swinks said:

yeah the price hike is not good and then to get your value apparently there is a $40USD per month access fee = $480 USD per year or about $650 AUD per year

and for older games - spike 2's you need to pay for the apron and wifi link upgrade so probably another $100-200USD per game

note sure if the proposed monthly fee is per game or multiple games ???

I highly doubt there will be a $40 per month fee Xbox live and pay platforms aren’t remotely close to that monthly subscription fee and they offer a lot more than that! You’re probably referring to the $40 a year subscription for the insider access. I guess we’ll know in 2-6 weeks how much it’ll cost but hopefully it’s interesting enough to buy and upgrade older games without it 

44 minutes ago, Cooked71 said:

Yeh, bolted to the floor until they aren’t. I prefer blue tacked to the floor.

Only 2 games that have ever been bolted to the floor for me are Metallica LE and ACDC.

But have bought and sold ACDC 3 times. Last time I sold it I assumed it would be easy to find again…….

Haaa one would think with 700 plus AC/DCS in Australia it’s be easy to find them but people like em so I guess they’re bolted to other people’s floors now 😛. TWDLE is bolted to my floor everything else may move for a newer game. Tmntle might stay too but it’d be one of the last to go. Woz and iron man are probably next on the chopping block and that’s hard to imagine them leaving. I need a bigger games room!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koops said:

As soon as i saw the building moving up and down it reminded of that heighway angry birds pitch.

source : https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipys/

Angry-Birds-Pinball5.jpg

The building keeps reminding me of this scene from an old tom hanks movie. Im just not that pumped about this game tbh... and aiq is one of my favs. Maybe its the theme and a building being the main toy. I will still get one to see how it goes.

images.jpeg-6.jpg

Edited by JohnBryce0712
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Ritchie should’ve definitely retired after AC/DC

But then we would not have Star Trek and the best shot in pinball...or Game of Thrones which is one of my faves.

Godzilla is looking very good, never watched the show but I liked the stream and what they showed.

Love what Elwin has brought to pinball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cursed said:

But then we would not have Star Trek and the best shot in pinball...or Game of Thrones which is one of my faves.

Godzilla is looking very good, never watched the show but I liked the stream and what they showed.

Love what Elwin has brought to pinball.

Best shot in pinball? Isn’t that on deadpool with the right inner to ramp shot? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Which is the best JP2?

JP is better. Price raise is apparently due to covid...parts costing more etc. Lol your getting to be a bit of a JJP hater. Trust me the honeymoon phase will never die with GNR

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RGR said:

JP is better. Price raise is apparently due to covid...parts costing more etc. Lol your getting to be a bit of a JJP hater. Trust me the honeymoon phase will never die with GNR

Honeymoon phase dies on everything! It’s the way we are built, we move onto a younger model. 🤣

Edited by JOKERPOKER
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, RGR said:

Trust me the honeymoon phase will never die with GNR

I feel you're right with GnR.

I've been offered stupid bucks and can't part with it.

I did hit a brick wall last year (excuse the pun) when my house needed some urgent major repairs that insurance wouldn't cover and had to sell off a decent amount of my collection. Luckily due to a member here, he helped me get out of the shit and bought a whole heap in one swing. But there's a few games I wish I still had and kept bolted down! 

23 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Best shot in pinball? Isn’t that on deadpool with the right inner to ramp shot? 

If it was 100% reliable I would tend to agree with you...but otherwise it is the Warp ramp.

Finished watching the stream last night, Godzilla is looking really good. Can't wait to play one.

39 minutes ago, AxedBandit said:

Spoke to Bruce at AMD he told me they were only allocated 20 LE's. I'm not sure if this includes those that went to Zax and Kids Just want to Have Fun.

Geeez thats a bit rough if we only got 20 out of 1000!

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 10:53 PM, RGR said:

Games are good. Service is deplorable. “Warranty” you wouldn’t even want to wipe your ass with it because it’s probably rip you in two. Blaming your customers and charging them for a new playfield that’s damaged from your engineering missteps well that’s just a whole other level! I was thinking about getting a pirates but the damaged playfields and the response or lack there of from JJP made me think otherwise. The playfield shit show continued with wonka and again with GnR. If I didn’t have to worry about my playfield degrading then I’d be all over their games.

We all want a fun game to play and I want to play GnR and pirates more but am I going to risk $17k on a game from JJP where if something goes wrong I’m left holding the wheel. No. 

Stern and AMD on the other hand I’ve had very minimal problems with and when I’ve had a problem it’s been fixed. Id happily put down some money against a Godzilla and any other stern. And I’m looking forward to playing this one. 

• Like 6