Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Stern ……GODZILLA

4 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Same goes for the Tournament sections. We had THREE sections that have been merged into 1 https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/46-competitions-tournaments-and-general-meets/

These sort of comments are not very productive or helpful mate. If you have an issue post it up in the Help section or PM me directly, I'm always keen to make this more user friendly.

I liked that there were three tournament sections. Pinball tournaments were in the pinball tournament section. Arcade tournaments were in the arcade tournament section. Now all tournaments crammed in together. 

I just said i'm a little lost finding stuff. I'm not on AA heaps so couldn't find some things I could find before. Not very productive or helpful... yeah i guess if you want to take it like that 🙂

As for Godzilla, im excited to see the stream tomorrow. Elwin games have so much depth, they are really good games for home use. Will not often see the final wizard mode on them.

Edited by nich2pat
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Noob-A-Tron said:

This wont beat Maiden but hey its another pinball and that's a good thing, But the price fuck me same as a GNR LE now but half the weight.

My mate Dave received his GnR LE last night. He literally said that he can’t even switch on his sterns now due to the quality/comparison of JJP GnR. I told him to chill out as sterns are still fun nonetheless. But I get what he’s saying. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, nich2pat said:

I liked that there were three tournament sections. Pinball tournaments were in the pinball tournament section. Arcade tournaments were in the arcade tournament section. Now all tournaments crammed in together. 

I just said i'm a little lost finding stuff. I'm not on AA heaps so couldn't find some things I could find before. Not very productive or helpful... yeah i guess if you want to take it like that 🙂

Last hijack for me (I promise)

The decision was made to combine all three because 99% of comps are Pinball anyway and the new Event Calendar. If you haven't already check out the Event page and Calendar. It's really made it much easier to search for events and the associated thread that goes with it.

I understand your second comment and welcome any constructive criticism and comments. The whole point of pouring so much money, time and effort into the new forum software was due to user feedback. Of course I'm going to be a little sensitive after all the work that went in 😉

• Like 3

On 16/09/2021 at 7:24 PM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

I guess there’s so many iterations of the brand - old stuff, modern films, anime etc. so they had to come up with some sort of middle ground. The pinball community didn’t want the “photoshop” real images any more. 

What’s of interest to me is that there’s only two pages of thread. Five years ago this thread would be on fire. Prices are just so high and getting one is just so hard. Maybe we lost some eyeballs with the forum change? 

Need to upgrade my "interested " to " Excited" on this one now . For me personally , I would have liked a Black & White cab with weird arse music and callouts  , but I'm just ( always ) glad we have so many different games and Manufacturers  out there even if i cant get the game I want  at the moment or want them at all  . So waiting to hear it  first , Then waiting cause of demand ? maybe . 

ANYWAY ... I liked the whole scene Back 5 Years Ago , First place I'd go to was Technical Repair Questions , Seemed like every day  - Mike , Edy , Ken , Doug - would be instantly there , Games were plentiful and priced so you had to talk yourself out buying them constantly . Discussion was a bit more open , informative and realistic . 

One thing I've always wondered is Whats  happened to all those old Regulars ( everybody )  , have  they just lost interest ,  got bored  , annoyed , sold all their machines , got married   or  just found a different religion ?

Edited by pinthing
spellen
  • Like 4

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, pinthing said:

Need to upgrade my "interested " to " Excited" on this one now . For me personally , I would have liked a Black & White cab with weird arse music and callouts  , but I'm just ( always ) glad we have so many different games and Manufacturers  out there even if i cant get the game I want  at the moment or want them at all  . So waiting to hear it  first , Then waiting cause of demand ? maybe . 

ANYWAY ... I liked the whole scene Back 5 Years Ago , First place I'd go to was Technical Repair Questions , Seemed like every day  - Mike , Edy , Ken , Doug - would be instantly there , Games were plentiful and priced so you had to talk yourself out it constantly . Discussion was a bit more open , informative and realistic . 

One thing I've always wondered is Whats  happened to all those old Regulars ( everybody )  , have  they just lost interest ,  got bored  , annoyed , sold all their machines , got married   or  just found a different religion ?

Still plenty of those guys here, its never going to be like it was.

I've noticed more people posting up restores since the new forum software went up which is fantastic and some old members returning. Some people were struggling with the VBulletin 5 "update"...more like downgrade.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pinthing said:

Na we are still here.

I read in a previous post how some people don't visit forums, For me i much rather here as the pinball scene on Fakebook is vile.

People cant list machines for the prices they want unless they're in the "In Crew"

Anyone dare to list a machine for 20k gets a ton of laughing emoji's and bagged out or has their post removed.

BUT if you're a mate of these morons than its fine. They'll even comment / bump your post with GLWS or "this is a great price wont last long!"

Forums shit on Fakebook and its popularity gang of keyboard warriors.

It's always been kept real here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, radirgyman said:

My mate Dave received his GnR LE last night. He literally said that he can’t even switch on his sterns now due to the quality/comparison of JJP GnR. I told him to chill out as sterns are still fun nonetheless. But I get what he’s saying. 

Yeah unless its KME doing the game. JP is top 5 all time now (imo). Maiden is great, AIQ craps on the previous release. Godzilla is a playfield like no other. I think it should have had similar art to that of Congo.. mehh it looks too Marvel for me. But mehh I aint buying it so from an art perspective I aint too fussed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, peely said:

in relation to Godzilla, looks fun with some unique mechs. 

I was down for an LE since early June but missed out. Must have been only 5 or so delivered to Australia, or plenty of peeps before me. Strange.

I’m not sure how many came in but I know myself and a few others were down for an LE since March. I know there were less allocated to Australia than AMD were hoping which sucks since stern made 1000 of them. 

1 hour ago, Jfed said:

I’m not sure how many came in but I know myself and a few others were down for an LE since March. I know there were less allocated to Australia than AMD were hoping which sucks since stern made 1000 of them. 

I'm sure a few of the regular flippers got them.. Just the way it is I guess. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pinthing said:

ANYWAY ... I liked the whole scene Back 5 Years Ago , First place I'd go to was Technical Repair Questions , Seemed like every day  - Mike , Edy , Ken , Doug - would be instantly there , Games were plentiful and priced so you had to talk yourself out buying them constantly . Discussion was a bit more open , informative and realistic . 

I’ve lost interest almost completely over the last year or so.

Wether it be life has just beaten me down so constantly the last 5 years, having to sell everything I own only to see prices then double/triple, be priced out of the market to ever buy back in, or be it something else. 

Its ok seeing all the new machines coming out and GZ looks goodish. Nice world under glass, art colouring is too much, just like the last few Sterns. Yeti as usual. 

Mechs a plenty as usual and KME pushes the limit again. Unlike that lazy, recycling Zeplin Richie MF  

Doubt I’d be seeing one any time soon. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dedrok said:

I’ve lost interest almost completely over the last year or so.

Wether it be life has just beaten me down so constantly the last 5 years, having to sell everything I own only to see prices then double/triple, be priced out of the market to ever buy back in, or be it something else. 

Its ok seeing all the new machines coming out and GZ looks goodish. Nice world under glass, art colouring is too much, just like the last few Sterns. Yeti as usual. 

Mechs a plenty as usual and KME pushes the limit again. Unlike that lazy, recycling Zeplin Richie MF  

Doubt I’d be seeing one any time soon. 

Hi Edy, hope you are well

Ritchie says gidday...............

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

Was on twitch - might still be going 

Edit: Still on Jack Dangers Twitch now.

he’ll upload to you tube later also 

edit again:

here’s the replay:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151709536

Thanks Mark. Had a look and yeah looks awesome. It’s a timeless theme too. It won’t look dated in years to come as it’s already 65 years old. The way the ball moves around that magnet and the left flipper to the two way upwards downwards direction is so cool. Get that airfreight happening 🙂

1 hour ago, RGR said:

Finally the option of putting your name in the game.. Solid QR package. Playfield is at least the 2nd best ever done by Stern. 

True. Nothing beats Mustang. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 15/09/2021 at 6:37 AM, swinks said:

what what the aussie price is, this is the US price increase. This is MRSP in the US, does look cool though...

STERN Games below

* NOTE* - price increase due to new added features - wifi and QR Code features.
Sept / 2021 / Godzilla / Pro / $6899
Sept / 2021 / Godzilla / Pemium / $8999
Sept / 2021 / Godzilla / LE (1000 of) / $10499

May / 2021 / Mandalorian / Pro / $6199
May / 2021 / Mandalorian / Premium / $7799
May / 2021 / Mandalorian / LE / $9199

Godzilla-Pinball-Feature-Matrix-3kjhasdf.pdf 8.88 MB · 8 downloads

$1500 price rise for QR and WIFI. I won’t be adding those to my games… and for a $1500 saving I’d have them removed! 

On 16/09/2021 at 7:24 PM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

What’s of interest to me is that there’s only two pages of thread. Five years ago this thread would be on fire. Prices are just so high and getting one is just so hard. Maybe we lost some eyeballs with the forum change? 

I know I used to be able to keep a tab open in safari on my iPhone and be logged in forever now every time I open it I’ve got to put in my password and I forget it so I’ve got to reset it and it only gives me one attempt before locking me out. So I’ve become less bothered because of login issues add to the fact I’ve moved up at work so less “time” for play 😞 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2021 at 8:21 PM, KJS said:

I think alot of people are just sick of the cookie cutter stuff splashed with multicolor.

Personally to me they look terrible, but I know other friends who will love it.

We need more manufacturers and style I think.

I don’t really think you can say this game is quite cookie cutter though. Although KME has used that upper loop in all his games this far. I do however like that there isn’t a cluster of pop bumpers. I’ve never seen the point. 

On 16/09/2021 at 8:24 PM, nich2pat said:

I'm a little lost finding stuff. New pinball and general pinball merged and pinball tournaments moved somewhere else too. 

As for Godzilla I reckon it will be another Keith Elwin winner. Wonder where it will fit among the other ones he has done. MY rating order.
1- Jurassic Park
2- Iron Maiden
3 - Avengers Infinity Quest

Definitely right here Pat. Jp and iron maiden could flip flop but I think the code pushes JP that little further up the chain that maiden.

AIQ is just missing something. I think the thing that annoyed me about aiq was the combo centric nature of the game. Don’t hit combos and you don’t get your portal locks. But you’ve got to hit several and there isn’t much reason to hit those combos other than to get your portal locks. And I’m pretty sure that’s the reason why the game felt a bit meh to me. Shots are great but meh. Loved the spinning disc and raising portal but meh. 

On 17/09/2021 at 11:03 AM, Arcade King said:

True. The last 5 years has seen a big change the hobby in general and the sky rocketing cost of pinball has priced the average Joe out of the market. Social media has also greatly impacted the traditional forum and made people lazy. I miss the days where people actually engaged in discussion rather than lazily hitting a like button.

There's still plenty of us tinkerers around though so don't count old AA out just yet 🙂. I was completely humbled by all the people who put their money down to upgrade this site and while the donations still flow AA will stay up.

If you read the updates mate there wouldn't be an issue.

There was a poll open for weeks asking if the New Pinball and Pinball sections should be merged where the majority vote was to merge to save on clutter. If you "follow" the content you're are interested in you will get notification as long as you've set email and push notifications up. 7 people are already following this thread.

Same goes for the Tournament sections. We had THREE sections that have been merged into 1 https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/46-competitions-tournaments-and-general-meets/

Also we have the Events and Calendar which people have been actively using (Thank You)

These sort of comments are not very productive or helpful mate. If you have an issue post it up in the Help section or PM me directly, I'm always keen to make this more user friendly.

Here's the Poll, I can still put the section back with enough votes.

I don’t like the Facebook groups the moderators on there aren’t worth a grain of salt compared to the guys here. Things get out of hand in a hurry and it’s just a breading ground of wankers. It seems you can’t have a different opinion on there without getting shouted down but rather here a different view is a discussion. 

• Like 9