Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 19 - Game 8 ~ CSI - Closed

GAME 8.... And we're investigating crime scenes...

VPGL 19 - Game 8 ~ CSI

Nominated by VPGL power couple The Mozzies

CSI – Stern Pinball

CSI was released by Stern in 2008 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by:     Pat Lawlor
Art by:     John Youssi, Margaret Hudson
Dots/Animation by:     Mark Galvez, Tom Kyzivat
Music by:     David Thiel
Sound by:     David Thiel
Software by:     Lonnie D. Ropp, Lyman F. Sheats Jr., Keith P. Johnson, Mike Kyzivat
Notes:     Based on the popular television show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, this game features original speech by Robert David Hall who plays Dr. Al Robbins, the coroner on the show. Many sound effects and music scores are original and taken from the show.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4952-csi-stern-2008/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3092-csi-stern-2008/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3413-csi-crime-scene-investigation-v24/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 26 September 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will get the answers?

On 15/09/2021 at 8:25 PM, legin said:

I have never been any good at this one, nor have I ever figured out the rules.

The best game I ever had on a real one of these was in a competition where I think I actually score the highest for this game in the comp. I was playing the game and someone behind me was explaining the rules to someone else, and I could hear them so I was following what they were saying. Things like, now he has done that he needs to hit that other thing and I just did whatever they were telling the other person. I didn't understand what I was hitting the things for, but it worked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, legin said:

Where's the scoring in this one???

csi.thumb.jpg.718e36d7f214d8b9cce70d56b722844f.jpg

It’s a slow build.  An accumulation of lots of small jackpots in multi balls. Also there are long ball saver timers so try and keep the balls alive as long as possible. Centrifuge from left flipper is safe and right ramp from right flipper is safe. Use these if unsure of what to do. When the lab csi bonus lights up nail that.  5 shots into the top microscope kicker lights extra ball. Don’t under estimate the value of the skill shot as this increases by 100k each time. get the skill shot off as quick as possible before auto kicker if you get a lock. Opening shots for me is the right loop to start to collect evidence then right ramp for skull multi balll. This is an awesome game because the multiballs are so forgiving but to score big you have to play long. 

Edited by RusstyT

Congratulations to PPLBob who took out game 8 by a good margin over RusstyT in 2nd place and followed closely by kane in 3rd. Mrs Moz just chipped Crakkers down the placings but it wasn't enough to finish in front of mozzie1 or legin. Almorte popped in for an appearance to take points in 8th place.

image.png.61166bd580b693d87fb724e07432d3ce.png

• Like 2