Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 19 - Game 7 ~ Prospector - Closed

GAME 7.... And we're going for gold...

VPGL 19 - Game 7 ~ Prospector - Closes 19/09/2021

LAUREL and HARDY PROSPECTOR PINBALL MACHINE | #1643073315

Nominated by VPGL legend, PPLBob

Prospector was released by Sonic in 1977 and it is a 1 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13269

The B2S can be downloaded here:
Back glass can be found with the table download

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 29 August 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

5 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will drop a nugget?

Another deceptively difficult table, tonnes of easy big points available but quite hard to stay alive. I think this is a good score, was struggling to get over a million then scraped past on my last ball only to get two more extra balls after it for this score.

Prospector.jpg.1495607b3ed1b7ab5c33a09b6cf8618a.jpg

Edited by kane
  • Like 1

I've joined the list of Cab Casualties. I've put in plenty of time trying to catch up to some very good scores but only managed to smoke up the cab. The Pinscape interface output has failed. Got a low voltage zap followed by loss of machine interface. Hopefully not out for too long. Could be that new covid variant Mu.

Edited by RusstyT
  • Sad 2

973900. Still coming after the millionaires. I’ve got a strategy and have reliable shot for the 5 but 6 is a bit sketchy and crucial for a 200k+ ball. Definitely need 3 good balls and one exceptional ball to be in the hunt to crack the 1million. 

438849C3-6549-4CB3-B516-4F6954E16F11.jpeg

52 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

973900. Still coming after the millionaires. I’ve got a strategy and have reliable shot for the 5 but 6 is a bit sketchy and crucial for a 200k+ ball. Definitely need 3 good balls and one exceptional ball to be in the hunt to crack the 1million.

I found I was scoring better by ignoring the bonus and Gold and stick to pounding the spinners. It only takes a couple of shots to max it to 1k spins and it's fast scoring after that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kane said:

I found I was scoring better by ignoring the bonus and Gold and stick to pounding the spinners. It only takes a couple of shots to max it to 1k spins and it's fast scoring after that.

I'll have a go. Thanks for the tip. cheers Kane.

There's a good chance I wont play anymore games this comp but we'll see.

Today was my only day to play for a while, Spent about an hour on this one and I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get a higher score.

prospector.thumb.jpg.dd131f7a39364500c6fd36687d46eff4.jpg

• Like 1

Struggling my self with our house on the market work and I’ve finally had my operation on Tuesday I’m layed up for a bit..Elise can still play which is a bugger she my end up beating me..😩😩..

did get a game in Monday for this 772,100 just so I didn’t miss out…great game enjoy the spinners and centre hole..maybe able to stand by Sunday morning and try and better

8EE8FC19-45C2-41C5-9A95-FB81A9AA45C9.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mozzie1 said:

Struggling my self with our house on the market work and I’ve finally had my operation on Tuesday I’m layed up for a bit..Elise can still play which is a bugger she my end up beating me..😩😩..

did get a game in Monday for this 772,100 just so I didn’t miss out…great game enjoy the spinners and centre hole..maybe able to stand by Sunday morning and try and better

Recover well and good luck with the house.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 8:23 PM, legin said:

There's a good chance I wont play anymore games this comp but we'll see.

Today was my only day to play for a while, Spent about an hour on this one and I'm a little disappointed I couldn't get a higher score.

I’ve spent many hours and can’t crack the million. Crakkers is putting me in the bunny boiler 

On 16/09/2021 at 7:45 AM, mozzie1 said:

8EE8FC19-45C2-41C5-9A95-FB81A9AA45C9.jpeg

Hey Mozzie I wondered where you’ve been. All the best, relax and lick the wounds and looking forward to seeing you up and running soon.  I hope your injury isn’t too serious. We certainly not as serious as the flogging Mrs Moz gave us in Jungle Princess

• Like 1

Up and going a little bit ….better getting the drip out of my leg a real pain but necessary…

going to switch machine on tomorrow so I may have a couple of games but Elise has to get a score in so she’ll be playing hard and she loves CSI ….

• Like 1

Game 7 comes to a close and it's congratulations to kane who has returned to his winning ways. We 2nd place goes to PPLBob and third place on the podium goes to Crakkers with the top 3 all cracking the million points for a single game. RusstyT stays in the race with a strong 4th. Mozzie gets a couple of points over Mrs Moz and legin does enough to not earn the spoon on this one.

image.png.20c9abd88bf9d4570334f7f84ea35df9.png