Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLIX - Game 2 ~ Circus Charlie (closes 19-Sep)

The Flying Trapeze ...

MGLXLIX - Game 2 ~ Circus Charlie

Nominated by gamer: Blackflag82

ROMSet: CircusC [Selectable Level Set 1]

HJD3IYe.png

Game Story:

Guide Charlie through six different circus events including Fire Rings, Tightrope, Trampoline, Ball Walk, Springs, and Flying Trapeze. Timer bonus points are added for finishing a level and more points are awarded for completing a round without losing Charlie. The game is over when all Circus Charlies are lost.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 19-Sep-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. *** You may freely choose the order of stages to complete. ***

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 ... Watch the elephant ...

v5bBggN.jpg

• Like 1

Noting that most counterstops seem to use harder than default settings - this increases the score you can squeeze out of the horse stages, which then means you need to rely much less on the trapeze stage. Which counter-intuitively can make the game easier.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

Im a Charlie but apparently not a Circus Charlie 

998CD88D-7D50-4399-9BF3-490261E4A139.jpeg.cb9d6c09cff7cc9b057e241535c05093.jpeg

LOL. Charlie is a great name to have. They are very rare in real life today, yet appear in many stories, including history.

16 hours ago, creech77 said:

0006.png

Good on you Jeff. I hope all is well in Illinois. At least you don't get the full force of hurricanes, all the way up there.

16 hours ago, terencew said:

Noting that most counterstops seem to use harder than default settings - this increases the score you can squeeze out of the horse stages, which then means you need to rely much less on the trapeze stage. Which counter-intuitively can make the game easier.

That's weird. On harder it may be easier. The trapeze is the hardest stage in Circus Charlie?

7 hours ago, OOO said:

Good on you Jeff. I hope all is well in Illinois. At least you don't get the full force of hurricanes, all the way up there.

Hi Paul, things are ok here, we sometimes get some heavy rain after hurricanes up here, but everything has been calm here. It's good to be back playing mgl. It was a good break. Not sure if I'll end up playing all the games, but at least for Circus Charlie was already kinda warmed up from yolo a bit, got a pb in the tourney, and my post here was a pb, 500k goal I guess. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OOO said:

That's weird. On harder it may be easier. The trapeze is the hardest stage in Circus Charlie?

Easier to counterstop. Of course that requires being able to get within striking range of a million.

The trapeze stage is the most difficult, and it's the only stage that can be repeated indefinitely, but it doesn't score very well.

The horse stage can be much more profitable on harder settings... take the YT link Evan posted above, 103k in the first round, 562k once the horse stage was exhausted, and counterstopped before even trying the trapeze stage - pretty sure you can't do that on Normal difficulty.

By contrast, there is a MARP max score on "Medium difficulty" (i.e. Normal), which only manages 379k by the end of the horse stage... and it has a reeeeeally hard time getting to max score with the trapeze stage, helped by the extra lives bug.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shatty said:

523530.png

Very nice score. Great work. You know your way around the circus ... o96H70z.gif

15 hours ago, creech77 said:

Hi Paul, things are ok here, we sometimes get some heavy rain after hurricanes up here, but everything has been calm here. It's good to be back playing mgl. It was a good break. Not sure if I'll end up playing all the games, but at least for Circus Charlie was already kinda warmed up from yolo a bit, got a pb in the tourney, and my post here was a pb, 500k goal I guess. 

332K is a good score. If you can hit 500K+ that would be terrific. 

• Thanks 1

On 03/09/2021 at 4:06 PM, Evan04 said:

I posted this Circus Charlie MARP score the other day on TG, I'll post it here as well 

https://youtu.be/eW-OC12prDQ

I’ve watched some of KIG666 DK performances and I like his style.
Thanks for posting the vid on Circus Charlie, looks like I will need to practice the horse stage to drive my score up quickly.

• Like 2