Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Condition of older games.

Condition of older games  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What condition do you like your (older) games

• NIB always
    • Original, but under 50 plays
    • Original but some wear is fine
    • I do not care about condition, as long as it works
    • Restored to better than new

As nice as I can get them. I’ve had some clunkers early in my collecting. Then some nice original reimports, the Japanese ones were nice. I’ve had and restored some really nice over the top ones. Also some NIB but don’t do that anymore. Too expensive. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

I like the battle scars, It's part of the games incredible history through time.

With Fonzie love Pinkie carved into the side. 😂😂😂

I’d have the bondo out in a flash mate. It’s good that we are a diverse bunch. We appreciate all aspects of pins and arcade. 

• Like 1

I'd agree with all of the above but in a sliding scale depending on how much you "want" that title.

In "my-ish order"

In any game I'd like to buy is an honest game. Not mutton dressed up as lamb. E.G tossed and turned about the Night Rider that was up sale recently.

If not, then playfield wear and condition - soooo many variables there.

Then Backglass especially if its silk screened - colour, flaking etc.

Cab solid is nice but some of the 80's games that had the weetbix in the backs can turn into a nightmare.

Plastics, coils, globes, rubbers and all that stuff is a lot better available than 20 years ago.

My 2cW

• Like 4

I favour the older pins and pretty much every one I've bought has been a project that has at least needed the cabinet repaired and repainted. One painted green, another red and a few trashed and another major repair. I don't mind getting them in that condition as I learnt a lot getting them up to scratch. So the current pricing hasn't really affected me at the moment.

Edited by thejudge
  • Like 4

All relevant pending on your like...

My Era is 78-84 and a few beyond.

A rare fully restored or 2 and 4 real players. My favourite FLASH is a Fish and Chip Shop job. Resto would be nice but it plays well. Flippers could do with a rebuild and you can still battle it to roll-over 1 in 25 games.

Personally I don't ever want to upgrade this Beautiful Original Old Girl........It has Character only a real life could posses

Some call it Petina

• Like 1

My collection is in my house in three rooms so i want them to look good and play good. I used to want all of my games restored to close to new as possible, but I've changed my mindset now in regards to their condition. A little wear and tear is ok but if they're falling to bits they get restored!

• Like 3