Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 19 - Game 5 - Indianapolis 500 - Closed

GAME 5.... And we're of and racing...

VPGL 19 - Game 5 ~ Indianapolis 500

Nominated by VPGL legend Crakkers

Indianapolis 500 Pinball Machine Bally | #1880750424

Indianapolis 500 was released by Midway in 1995 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by:     Dennis Nordman
Art by:     Dan Hughes, Paul Barker
Dots/Animation by:     Adam Rhine, Brian Morris
Mechanics by:     Win Schilling, Armando Zuniga
Music by:     Chris Granner
Sound by:     Chris Granner
Software by:     Mike Boon, Craig Sylla

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38520

Note. This particular version of the game needs VPX v10.4 to work correctly otherwise balls might go through ramps and get stuck.

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13061

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1266

Colour DMD

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5648-indianapolis-500-vpin/

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 5 September 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will stay on track and win the race?

Good choice of game. Is anyone else having trouble with the ball getting stuck behind the target at the left ramp and not enough umff for the auto plunger to shoot the ball up the ramp? I had to extend the wall behind the target and up the plunger strength to 100 and it still need some tweaking on my table. The ball also catches between the right ramp and apron but slowly slides out like a slug out of a hose. 

8 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

Good choice of game. Is anyone else having trouble with the ball getting stuck behind the target at the left ramp and not enough umff for the auto plunger to shoot the ball up the ramp? I had to extend the wall behind the target and up the plunger strength to 100 and it still need some tweaking on my table. The ball also catches between the right ramp and apron but slowly slides out like a slug out of a hose. 

Are you using VPX version 10.4? You may get some unusual behavior if you aren't.

There are some things that needed to be changed to make it work on newer versions of VPX due to changes in how some things are handled.

1 hour ago, RusstyT said:

No problems with the version we are using plays fast and smooth 

4 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

No problems with the version we are using plays fast and smooth 

Thanks mozzie, I had to move a couple of gates to stop the ball jamming and adjust the plunger as the the ball wasn't sitting on the rest and the plunger wasn't working properly.

For those with VPX7 who may be having the same issues this is a link to the game with my fixes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180hFyPHlSqpY2969NPL--HxpuBtEneqj/view?usp=sharing

5 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

Are you using VPX version 10.4? You may get some unusual behavior if you aren't.

There are some things that needed to be changed to make it work on newer versions of VPX due to changes in how some things are handled.

Thanks JAR Im using the latest VPX7 rev and latest VPinMAME, latest freezy and B2S. I got it to work moving the gates to let the short ramp loops to work and moved the plunger down to let the ball sit in the plunger cradle. All good now. Thanks for the heads up. Link for VPX7 users above for the changes.

720140420 best score so far on ball 2 with 2 balls caught under the the right ramp. Probably would have overlooked fixing this game if I wasn’t in the comp and I would have missed out on a very fast smooth game. Top choice Crakkers. 

313D75A4-3D3D-41CA-9B5A-10EFECE54638.jpeg

9CD945D3-F606-4F84-BB22-925099E14A1E.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RusstyT said:

Thanks mozzie, I had to move a couple of gates to stop the ball jamming and adjust the plunger as the the ball wasn't sitting on the rest and the plunger wasn't working properly.

For those with VPX7 who may be having the same issues this is a link to the game with my fixes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180hFyPHlSqpY2969NPL--HxpuBtEneqj/view?usp=sharing

Thanks JAR Im using the latest VPX7 rev and latest VPinMAME, latest freezy and B2S. I got it to work moving the gates to let the short ramp loops to work and moved the plunger down to let the ball sit in the plunger cradle. All good now. Thanks for the heads up. Link for VPX7 users above for the changes.

I’m on 10.6 still 

Woo hoo ahead of the misses again 908,991,740

8725F220-7D5C-4293-ACB8-86EAF99E6E90.jpeg

• Like 1

Either you have an updated table or you're getting lucky with no balls getting stuck. 

I don't recall what version the changes were made but know that this table was made for 10.4. 

I don't mind how people enjoy it, was just offering the simplest way of guaranteeing flawless play. 

2 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

Either you have an updated table or you're getting lucky with no balls getting stuck. 

I don't recall what version the changes were made but know that this table was made for 10.4. 

I don't mind how people enjoy it, was just offering the simplest way of guaranteeing flawless play. 

Mate, this is a good crew. So greatful that you share your insights build trust and just encourage us to have fun and be nice. I’ve always believed the more I share the more room it gives to grow. With respect to the game I just tweaked the gates to stop the ball catching. The plunger was also a little highWasn’t much. The ball flys around the ramps now. It got caught once in wrong turn so I lifted the the gate up a  Little more to let it slide over to the right lane when the ramp gate shuts off. Not sure if it’s 100% but definitely much better and heaps more fun. Thanks JAR

1363158760. 196 laps so close to finishing

07E3BFC2-1FCE-496B-B014-F8A04A5B35D2.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RusstyT said:

720140420 best score so far on ball 2 with 2 balls caught under the the right ramp.

Got 10.7 on my laptop and so far not having any issues with Sheltemke's 4K mod v1.2, but I'll give Russty's mod a shot if I get into strife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crakkers said:

Got 10.7 on my laptop and so far not having any issues with Sheltemke's 4K mod v1.2, but I'll give Russty's mod a shot if I get into strife.

Thanks Crakkers. I’ll give that version a go. Awesome game mate. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 9:06 AM, RusstyT said:

ball keeps gettiing stuck for me

am kicking myself,  as i had a previous version that didnt have any issues and overwrote it with the vers. that JAR put up.   now cant find the older vers. 

thumbnail_20210825_162917.jpg

"am kicking myself,  as i had a previous version that didnt have any issues and overwrote it with the vers. that JAR put up.   now cant find the older vers.  "   not centered towards you mate . 

16 hours ago, Capp said:

"am kicking myself,  as i had a previous version that didnt have any issues and overwrote it with the vers. that JAR put up.   now cant find the older vers.  "   not centered towards you mate . 

All good. I wouldn't take offense anyway. I do suggest not replace a working version with whatever I post in the future. Any VPX version is allowed, by all mean try different ones but keep them named differently until you decide what one you're keeping.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2021 at 4:33 PM, Capp said:

ball keeps gettiing stuck for me

I think the 4K version Crakkers quoted is VPX6. "Sheltemke's 4K mod v1.2" Thats the one I'm playing and no sticky balls with it.  i juste googled it and it found it on VPForums. hopefully that gets you out of trouble.

If your running VPX7 this is the link to my modded non 4K version

We’ll Mrs Moz has another cracker score for her and know beating me on both games that are open at the moment….

with theses dmd high scoring games she hasn’t cracked the billion yet and she was so close on this one…

Mrs Moz 978,812,330 she’s playing so well 👌👌👍

036D9F31-45B9-4889-89D9-22F13ED00762.jpeg

• Like 1