IGNORED

Has current pricing affected you?

JOKERPOKER

7 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

Amazing, Just Amazing. I bet If I put up my collection of 11 machines as a single sale say $65K it would sell? Not that I am, just saying.

It would depend on what your 11 machines are. I have someone locally trying to sell 3 games for $12k and have been for a while now but because of the titles, it's not selling.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JustAnotherRat said:

It would depend on what your 11 machines are. I have someone locally trying to sell 3 games for $12k and have been for a while now but because of the titles, it's not selling.

Good point, The thing is once sold their gone & replacing them damned near impossible at the current market.

Edited by Gemini2544
  • Like 4

On 06/11/2021 at 7:18 PM, RaoulJuke said:

I am pretty vocal on my opinion tgat toppers are an overrated wank, but they actually found a pretty awesome way to make it actually fun & interesting  & not just a big plastic looking dildo on the headbox. 

OK, so I understand Toppers, awesome, fun, interesting and even dildo.....

But Marcus can you please explain your version of an Overrated Wank......lol....I can't wait for this answer....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, DAG said:

OK, so I understand Toppers, awesome, fun, interesting and even dildo.....

But Marcus can you please explain your version of an Overrated Wank......lol....I can't wait for this answer....

We will take this back up tomorrow night at the Yamamanbaaabbooolaalaaalllaaa pinball meet DAG, this conversation is "too hot" even for  the internet😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glenn70 said:

What about a black dildo in a hand with a creepy monkey watching, on a translite?

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.07.25 pm.png

This i am totally on board with.... " the monkey can stay, but he can only watch".

FWIW i really like the Bone Busters topper. Its not oversized & it adds to a quirky otherwise fairly simple, fun game. The game is basic & therefore it adds something where something is needed. Fish Tales one works because again, its quirky & adds humour. If they stayed with Pythons original idea of making it a bit more like a taunting Rudy, that would have been very cool.

Its the stupid prices of the modern machine toppers which just grossed me out. $3k? Really? A modern pinball has so much going on already, do we really need to constantly be 1-uping each other on add on  another features?  CC was a fairly incomplete game in its original release. It was a decent game with an awesome theme that never reached its potential. A cynical person might say they are polishing up a turd for bucks, but i dont see Chicago being like that, their remakes have been A1 & i think they legit want to make CCR be as legit awesome as MB, MM, AFM while keeping us much of the original art, ideas there. They updated the code, the dmd animation looks great & they made a topper that doubles up as an old fashioned shoiting gallery, used mid-game. It will be a huge achievement if they can pull it off, the early signs look very promising.

.For as much as the CCR one is cool as its the first to find a way to actually incorporate gameplay in a meaningful way, i can see the idea being bastardized fairly quickly is the response is strong. If that happens, then as ive learned myself -  imitation is (apparently) the greatest form of flattery. The sin goes to the imitator, not the creator. I mean, no one shits on The Beatles for sounding like Oasis , right?

My final comment on toppers i will repeat this lil golden nugget of analogy of Confucius like wisdom for you to ponder.... its like seeing a plethora of  beautiful women wearing a nice dress vs the same plethota of beautiful women in the same dress wearing some stupid big ass hat for Melbourne Cup. If its Melbourne Cup day, she just looks a bit daft but she is given a pass as she is getting into the spirit of things. But if that same plethora  of beautiful women started wearing that same damn hat everday when going to Coles to buy their  dunny paper & cracked pepper, then the look goes from attractive & beautiful to damned ridiculous pretty quick.

You're welcome 👌

Edited by RaoulJuke
Tori Spelling & Kelsey Grammar
  • Like 2

lots of threads on pinside about this for the last 20 years.

"Stern cranking out more machines and expecting people to buy vault editions of pins they already have. Complete code abandonment of past titles. Continuing to raise prices only to cut even more corners. Current pin resurgence will only last so long. When do you think the inevitable Stern bubble will burst? " in 2015. Back when you could buy a TWDLE for 9500 

lots more back 20 years when you paid 4500 NIB. Too many people now are interested in pinball for prices to crash and there's plenty of cash around atm.

I'm not mad on losing $ on the buy and sell but I also love golf and a good course is 15k entry and 4-5k subs, so the first game costs you near 20k. At the moment pinball is one of my hobbies and I don't belong to a golf course but pay green fees at public courses which is far cheaper. Even if they market came off a bit, you'd never do anything like that coin.

11 hours ago, RaoulJuke said:

But if that same plethora  of beautiful women started wearing that same damn hat everday when going to Coles to buy their  dunny paper & cracked pepper, then the look goes from attractive & beautiful to damned ridiculous pretty quick.

Stop shopping at Coles Ascot you Dumb Ass..........Ha Ha

c u tonite...

15 hours ago, Glenn70 said:

What about a black dildo in a hand with a creepy monkey watching, on a translite?

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.07.25 pm.png

Hey, I'm not sure which Monkey you are on about?

The one with his fingers in his ears or the one with the tounge in mouth?

Ha......

• Like 1