IGNORED

MGL games list spreadsheet and MGL winners

Hi everyone,

I have created a MGL games list spreadsheet with every game from MGL8 to the most recent MGL50

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uixQzVqfA6EELvQ9qgGVzjfnl9VLIxWctxxFHrTsMQ4/edit?usp=sharing)

MGL Organisers

There has been many MLG organisers throughout the years which include @Amy @DKong @Jed @John73 @OOO

MGL Winners

Recent MGL winners which include:

MGL30 winner: DaLar
MGL31 winner: Barra
MGL32 winner: DaLar
MGL33 winner: Barra
MGL34 winner: JasonV91
MGL35 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL36 winner: DaLar
MGL37 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL38 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL39 winner: JasonV91
MGL40 winner: JasonV91
MGL41 winner: JasonV91
MGL42 winner: megaderek
MGL43 winner: ILLSeaBass
MGL44 winner: ILLSeaBass
MGL45 winner: Blackflag82
MGL46 winner: Rmacauley
MGL47 winner: John McAllister
MGL48 winner: Donald Hayes

MGL49 winner: @ZNC

Thanks to @Traceyfor the help on the spreadsheet 

Feel free to comment below if I have missed anything thank you.

Edited by Evan04
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Evan04 said:

Hi everyone,

I have created a MGL games list spreadsheet with every game from MGL8 to the most recent MGL48

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uixQzVqfA6EELvQ9qgGVzjfnl9VLIxWctxxFHrTsMQ4/edit?usp=sharing)

MGL Organisers

There has been many MLG organisers throughout the years which include @Amy @DKong @Jed @John73 @OOO

MGL Winners

Recent MGL winners which include:

MGL30 winner: DaLar
MGL31 winner: Barra
MGL32 winner: DaLar
MGL33 winner: Barra
MGL34 winner: JasonV91
MGL35 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL36 winner: DaLar
MGL37 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL38 winner: Todayisforgotten
MGL39 winner: JasonV91
MGL40 winner: JasonV91
MGL41 winner: JasonV91
MGL42 winner: megaderek
MGL43 winner: ILLSeaBass
MGL44 winner: ILLSeaBass
MGL45 winner: Blackflag82
MGL46 winner: Rmacauley
MGL47 winner: John McAllister
MGL48 winner: Donald Hayes

Thanks to @Traceyfor the help on the spreadsheet 

Feel free to comment below if I have missed anything thank you.

Nice one Evan and thanks to Tracey as well.

It's great to see the enthusiasm of gamers posted in the forum. More of it please ... 🐞 ... it's yours to enjoy.

Especially when it's about what all gamers have achieved in the MGL ... I'll be posting the high scores update for the last 16 years later today.

I will also start the MGL FACTLET series in the next few days, which will provide an incredible insight into the MGL, eSports, Sport, and the video gaming universe.   Stay tuned ... 😀

<<<<<     >>>>>

On the MGL winners in the list above from Evan, there have been 10 different champions over the last 19 tournaments. Each of those gamers played an exceptional tournament to win their title, and it's also great to see (from a fan's point of view), that the last 5 winners were by 5 different people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing to see how far the MGL has come from it's early days when there was probably 10 or less of us playing now and then!

And I think a couple still playing who were there at the very start ? All credit to the enthusiastic, encouraging energy of @OOO in promoting classic comp gaming. AA is lucky to have this man !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jed said:

Amazing to see how far the MGL has come from it's early days when there was probably 10 or less of us playing now and then!

And I think a couple still playing who were there at the very start ? All credit to the enthusiastic, encouraging energy of @OOO in promoting classic comp gaming. AA is lucky to have this man !

You did a great "job" running the MGL as well. The history books show it ... 🌟

Also you ran the Virtual Pinball League at AA, which is a tremendous effort in helping the video game and pinball communities. 

And for anyone reading this thread that may not think much of the effort, energy and funds needed to run these leagues, please step forward. Please post in this thread so you can run the show in future. You can entertain your fellow gamers, take care of moderation and do all of the work to help others. That would be great.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Just a FYI for next time. You can embed Google docs and spreadsheets into the forum. You just need to click the "Publish to Web" under file and cut and  paste the link here.

Arcade King  Thank you for the information appreciate it 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evan04 said:

@OOO I would like to step forward for hosting the show in the future as I think it would be cool to keep the MGL running for as long as possible 🙂

Excellent stuff Evan. Thanks for stepping forward. l will be in touch via PM.

If there is anyone else who is interested, please make a post. It would be great to have some depth on Gamemaster.

:classic_cool:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OOO said:

Excellent stuff Evan. Thanks for stepping forward. l will be in touch via PM.

If there is anyone else who is interested, please make a post. It would be great to have some depth on Gamemaster.

:classic_cool:

@OOONo problem happy to help, I will keep in touch 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OOO said:

You did a great "job" running the MGL as well. The history books show it ... 🌟

Also you ran the Virtual Pinball League at AA, which is a tremendous effort in helping the video game and pinball communities. 

And for anyone reading this thread that may not think much of the effort, energy and funds needed to run these leagues, please step forward. Please post in this thread so you can run the show in future. You can entertain your fellow gamers, take care of moderation and do all of the work to help others. That would be great.

You do an amazing job of running this and make it so much fun for us all.   You are not planning on retiring are you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tracey said:

You do an amazing job of running this and make it so much fun for us all.   You are not planning on retiring are you?

When you are born as a gamer, there is no concept of "retiring" ... 😆

Jokes aside, IMO it would be great to have a change in running the MGL. Perhaps gamers would enjoy a different style or communication, which someone different can provide? There may be gamers out there who would like the chance, so here is an opportunity. We'll see who is interested ...

For now, it's a time out in the MGL. As I get everything ready for MGL49, and you gamers get a well earned rest, the promo launch will be on Aug-28.

AYBBTU and here we go very soon ... 🗿

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OOO said:

When you are born as a gamer, there is no concept of "retiring" ... 😆

Jokes aside, IMO it would be great to have a change in running the MGL. Perhaps gamers would enjoy a different style or communication, which someone different can provide? There may be gamers out there who would like the chance, so here is an opportunity. We'll see who is interested ...

For now, it's a time out in the MGL. As I get everything ready for MGL49, and you gamers get a well earned rest, the promo launch will be on Aug-28.

AYBBTU and here we go very soon ... 🗿

Looking forward to MGL49 🙂

• Like 1

This is a really useful document for reading MGL history at a glance - nice work Evan. 

I have had quite a bit of enjoyment out of browsing the MGL archives from previous tournaments; particularly from before I started in MGL 34. I'm glad they're still available for reading. Lots of fun stories, banter and of course, high scores. 

We've got a massive milestone coming up as well with MGL 50. I certainly hope some of the olde guard will come back and compete for that one. 🙂 

MGL 49 comes first of course. Plenty of time to ruminate over some juicy nominations.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 6:42 AM, Pessimeister said:

This is a really useful document for reading MGL history at a glance - nice work Evan. 

I have had quite a bit of enjoyment out of browsing the MGL archives from previous tournaments; particularly from before I started in MGL 34. I'm glad they're still available for reading. Lots of fun stories, banter and of course, high scores. 

We've got a massive milestone coming up as well with MGL 50. I certainly hope some of the olde guard will come back and compete for that one. 🙂 

MGL 49 comes first of course. Plenty of time to ruminate over some juicy nominations.

@PessimeisterThanks I created the doc so anyone can view it in years to come.

I'm starting to think of some noms for MGL49 as well 🙂

Edited by Evan04

Currently working on adding a new feature to the spreadsheet which once its finished will show an all time average points gained per game players took part in going back to MGL 28 when the current scoring system was put into place.

I have only fully decided on 3 noms so far for the next one plus got a few maybes.  Only one of them has come up before but was years ago and it is up there as one of my favorites from the arcade highly addictive and fun to play.  The other two are games which have never come up before and will be new to most players but one of the things this contest is about is discovering new games.

• Like 2

The spreadsheet now has an up to date average points per game page for each player going from MGL 28 to 48.  I have also applied a filter where players who have played less than 10 games in total and have been inactive in the last 2 MGL's are in a separate list  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...