IGNORED

Sega / Candy 2L16B repo panels for sale (8 buttons 2 players)

Branching this out into its own topic for exposure

Been wanting a 2L16 panel for my very slow rebuild but found it hard to get a panel for my Astro City which uses the newer 8 button layout that modern fightsticks, games, consoles new and old systems use and is the panel that came with the Sega Virtua Stick Pro for the Saturn, these HSS-130 units are going for $1,000 AUD for info.

I worked with FrancoB from Arcade Otaku who did the Sega Cad files most may be familiar with to make the CAD for the 2L16B panel, this is as accurate one can get to a official Virtua Stick Pro.

As I found it hard to find panels in this configuration premade or ordered, so in discussion with a company San Star Game we are doing a run of 2L16B panels with or without artwork, comes not attached, if we can get 50 total orders for them.

Panels can be used in Candy Cabs Astro / Blast / Windy / Certain Viewlix and others that use this panel type, 2 player fightsticks for consoles as some are making this panel by hand for them.

This is what the panel will look like with artwork from a Virtua Stick Pro scan I used that's online to do the CAD file.

You can use any artwork you like on the panel as the Astro artwork comes separately.

The panel you will receive is more accurate than this photo to the SlagCoin spec as I checked and adjusted it multiple times to get it as accurate as I could.

818201105_sanstar-dr.jpg.433a150d87c9dfb1afb1d7770f5a66ba.jpg

Total cost of panel shipped with artwork is $91AUD by my own order status.

You can place the order, cancel the payment and wait for confirmation as it will be retained for 30 days and I hope we can get 50 orders by then.

Panels can be purchased here.

https://www.sanstarltd.com/products/...control-panel-

Here it is when I made it in Autocad with the checking boxes by FrancoB.

by FrancoB » January 16th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Nice one dude, you've done some really good work there image.webp.9e9b9bfcc6d83cb8b5dc5c5a7b4cb830.webp

I've taken a look at your CAD files and it all looks ok from here, I can't see anything obviously wrong. If you only have a scan to work from then I don't think you're going to get much closer than what you've done.

i-SQqjWtg-XL.thumb.png.12557b7da9ac4f19d1c80f150c66f77d.png

My own arcade Astro city rebuild thread is here to follow my progress.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...-etc?p=2224192

Please buy one and link / share around so these can become normal stock.

Edited by drguild

Posted (edited)

I was asked about the quality on Arcade Otaku

Here is the artwork first is under a plexi cover that came with the arcade to keep it straight as it was rolled up and you can see it still has the protective film on.

Its not bad though one may want to get artwork made separately from someone as its a touch out of focus in places top left text for example, I presume they used a scan to print from other than recreating.

Plenty of places around to get the artwork overlays for panels, does NoodleShirt still do artwork?

MVIMG_20210812_154358-01.jpg.b33fa7b2602c518b01051c0503f7a596.jpg

MVIMG_20210812_154444-01.jpg.4db5d349dfa048d52b886bf8b3f15fe5.jpg

As for the panel here is a image I took of a 2L12B panel from a AliExpress purchase.

As this 2L16B panel above is using my CAD, it should be ok for the panel.

U53352c8db0194fe99792289aafc354f9j.thumb.jpg.8e7fc1e8a335eec05f5cdd1a43fe3644.jpg

Edited by drguild

That artwork is atrocious, the fonts and spacing are all wrong and it looks cheap.

It’s going to be an uphill battle selling these when there’s properly thought out 1:1 repros with high quality art.

Not trying to rain on your parade but giving you some insight as to why these may not be popping off. 

Either way, good luck with the pre-orders, I admire your dedication and perseverance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, djsheep said:

That artwork is atrocious, the fonts and spacing are all wrong and it looks cheap.

It’s going to be an uphill battle selling these when there’s properly thought out 1:1 repros with high quality art.

Not trying to rain on your parade but giving you some insight as to why these may not be popping off. 

Either way, good luck with the pre-orders, I admire your dedication and perseverance.

Well if you know where to get a 2L16B panel please share as I cant seem to find them online.

If this calls through a local place can make the panel.

Not too worried about the art as such as I'll get a proper one done for my cab.

If you know decent artwork suppliers please share links to them for our benefit.

Edited by drguild

11 minutes ago, drguild said:

Well if you know where to get a 2L16B panel please share as I cant seem to find them online.

If this calls through a local place can make the panel.

Not too worried about the art as such as I'll get a proper one done for my cab.

If you know decent artwork suppliers please share links to them for our benefit.

Alberto1225 makes them, I know some of the folks over in the “Candy Cab Appreciation” thread use and can vouch for the quality of his panels. Here’s his Flickr stream with all his repro panels: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto1225/

The 2L16B one is here: 

NAC 2L16B VLX

Granted the button spacing might not be an accurate repro of the original Saturn panel, but if that was of concern he’s a pretty accommodating guy and I’m sure he would get it done for you the way you wanted. 

He has his own section over on The Arcade-Projects.com forum if you wanna hit him up.

Best guy for artwork locally without a doubt is NoodleShirt.com. Carson does impeccable work.  

Edited by djsheep

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, djsheep said:

Alberto1225 makes them, I know some of the folks over in the “Candy Cab Appreciation” thread use and can vouch for the quality of his panels. Here’s his Flickr stream with all his repro panels: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto1225/

The 2L16B one is here: 

NAC 2L16B VLX

Granted the button spacing might not be an accurate repro of the original Saturn panel, but if that was of concern he’s a pretty accommodating guy and I’m sure he would get it done for you the way you wanted. 

He has his own section over on The Arcade-Projects.com forum if you wanna hit him up.

Best guy for artwork locally without a doubt is NoodleShirt.com. Carson does impeccable work.  

Cheers will have a look and see about hitting him up if he still can do them.

Comparing panels his player button orientation looks the same between player 1 and 2 and should be offset, so wouldn't match the SlagCoin Sega templates.
I registered on Arcade-Projects and will contact him and give him the proper CAD file to use for people in the future.

The lady with the panel has taken into account feedback and will have new artwork soon.

Thank you for giving me more feedbacks, I have gone through all the comments.

It's ok to reprint the artwork, I have ask my co-worker to follow up chat with the factory.  I will keep you update tomorrow.

The current artwork why with cheap price, is because from big quantity order. And most of the customer always focus on the price, so did not customized our own.
Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow we have some customized artwork back, I will take picture to show you the quality.  But it's acrylic material, not soft.

Edited by drguild