Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Welcome to the new site!

No issues here on the new site for me. Works great on both mobile and PC, easy to navigate and nice and fancy looking.

I haven't yet tried to upload a video or images, but I will give it a crack tonight. Gotta update my games room thread with a long overdue new video 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, namastepat said:

No issues here on the new site for me. Works great on both mobile and PC, easy to navigate and nice and fancy looking.

I haven't yet tried to upload a video or images, but I will give it a crack tonight. Gotta update my games room thread with a long overdue new video 🙂

Give the Gallery a go, any pics you put in there you can also use in threads 🙂

1 hour ago, kadeath said:

There used to be field called "My Recent Posts" and also "My Started Topics" - where can I find these now - I used them all the time!

Pete nailed it

You can even create you own custom Activity Stream to filter out other sections of the site.

I've added in Facebook, Google and Twitter account linking and I'll have a look at the other supported ones like Apple and Microsoft when I get time.

Apparently I can link status updates from Facebook also but haven't set that up yet.

You can access it from the drop down under you username at the top right under Account Setting or just click HERE

1 hour ago, Pop Bumper Pete said:

along the top, hover over "activity" then click in "content I started"

Thanks, mate. I found it. The two things I was always looking for within these "streams" is the number of views of the post (used to be on the right) and whose post was the newest (member) - this is to keep tabs on my posts and see everything at a glance from one page, rather than go and check every individual post.

I don't see these stats - how can I enable them?

Edited by kadeath

• Administrators

First of all mate this is entirely new software and in no way functions like the old one. We're all learning at this point so click around.

The Activity menu has pretty much all you need and if you are on desktop all the latest Activity on the site is in the sidebar on the right hand side.

I haven't really set up anything for smaller screens yet.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-08-12T01-33-07_139Z.png.f951bcab364713b600c97b8cfe86a89f.png

If that doesn't help maybe try one of the 3 different forum layouts from the above icons.

From left to right is

"Table" The traditional forum view

"Grid" Displays forums as cards in a grid. < I'm going to have to find some pics for the cards for each section.

"Fluid" A Simpler dynamic listing with a forum filter box.

Maybe the fluid view is what you need?

1 hour ago, Arcade King said:

Give the Gallery a go, any pics you put in there you can also use in threads 🙂

Thought I'd give the gallery a go. Did an initial test with a couple of random images I had on my computer. I think I've set up the gallery so that anyone can add to it.

I've just gone around and taken a couple random pics of my favourite items and added them to the gallery.

This was to attempt to see how linking a Gallery image works, but WOW using the existing image option it lists every single image I've ever uploaded to AA.
Bobble head Gary approves of this feature!
large.1021700871_GarySternBobbleHead.jpg.1f3e0c1b55aa2b368818eab2f2ad7672.jpg

Edited by Brk_oth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, felixthadog said:

Is it possible to delete Notifications? Also, is there any way to add the State & Country info under a Username?

Got to Account Settings then to Notifications and you can change the notification settings there. Edit your profile to see the country and state settings.

15 minutes ago, cwispy said:

Got to Account Settings then to Notifications and you can change the notification settings there. Edit your profile to see the country and state settings.

Sorry, I didn’t explain it properly. I would like to delete the Notifications after I have viewed them on the forum (using the Bell icon in the top-right menu).

My profile has the State and Country set but I can’t see it under the avatar of each User?

Also, is it possible to indicate the Thread Starter?

Edited by felixthadog

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, felixthadog said:

Sorry, I didn’t explain it properly. I would like to delete the Notifications after I have viewed them on the forum (using the Bell icon in the top-right menu).

My profile has the State and Country set but I can’t see it under the username avatars?

Notifications are automatically pruned after 30 days so no there is no way I know to delete them manually.

It already shows the author in posts.

No idea on the State, Country either at this point, they were profile fields ported from VB and at this point those things are trivial.

Just thought I'd jump back in and mess around with new features again and some that I saw earlier seem to be gone.

When viewing a Gallery image, under "image tools" at the bottom right an hour ago I could add a tag to the image. A tag was just a box I could place over an image and add a caption to, so when someone moved their mouse over that section of an image the caption would pop up.
I can no longer see where to edit an album description, or edit an existing image.

Are you playing around with changing things right now? or I have somehow lost some features? or by making an image Gallery public for people to add images to has that enabled someone to remove some of my rights on it?

There is also a mention to "Articles" on the profile page, is that Articles module going to stay disabled, or is it enabled and I just cant find it?

Edited by Brk_oth

• Administrators

Nope haven't touched a thing. Maybe set up a new dummy gallery to see if the settings are there.

Could be a permissions thing. I only set up the "Members" usergroup with basic settings with the intention to add more like the old Veteran one in the future

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

Nope haven't touched a thing. Maybe set up a new dummy gallery to see if the settings are there.

Could be a permissions thing. I only set up the "Members" usergroup with basic settings with the intention to add more like the old Veteran one in the future

Interesting, I set up a new test gallery and all features are still there. Maybe theres a timer, once its an hour old you can no longer edit whats up?

Option is near the left side of the screen

editalbum1.png

editalbum2.png

Edited by Brk_oth

• Administrators

Ok its a global "edit" permission which I had set to 30 mins, doesn't like like there's a separate one for the gallery.

I don't generally allow unlimited edits to stop people defacing the site especially spammers however I've set it to unlimited for now. Keep in mind this is only temporary until I can sort out other usergroup's.

I deleted the test gallery.

7 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

Ok its a global "edit" permission which I had set to 30 mins, doesn't like like there's a separate one for the gallery.

I don't generally allow unlimited edits to stop people defacing the site especially spammers however I've set it to unlimited for now. Keep in mind this is only temporary until I can sort out other usergroup's.

I deleted the test gallery.

Thanks, yes its all back to normal now.
Good to know. Shame there is not a separate "edit permissions" for the gallery as it would be good to be able to add tags or edit photo descriptions at a later date.
It does make sense to prevent users from editing their forum posts many months after it was posted, so if the global edit permission is reinstated with no work around for galleries, might just need some pop up message in the create gallery section to let the user know that "everything is final, there wont be an edit ability". 

I assume this would mean the global edit permission also restricts editing calendar entries when its enabled again.

Edited by Brk_oth
added comment on calendar entries

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Brk_oth said:

Thanks, yes its all back to normal now.
Good to know. Shame there is not a separate "edit permissions" for the gallery as it would be good to be able to add tags or edit photo descriptions at a later date.
It does make sense to prevent users from editing their forum posts many months after it was posted, so if the global edit permission is reinstated with no work around for galleries, might just need some pop up message in the create gallery section to let the user know that "everything is final, there wont be an edit ability". 

Another option is I just change it upon request. I can't imagine people needing to update photo's in a particular Album often but yes I agree it should have a separate setting its not good policy to leave it open the way it is.

To answer your other question I would assume so however I can make a secondary usergroup for trusted users who need to regularly edit Calendar events.

We're only at the starting line mate, there's a lot on the to do list.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just to add the current "Members" user group that everybody is in will become Newbie then Members etc like the old site with conditions set to move into the next tier.

Before I can even think about starting on that I have to reinstate a few hundred Paid subscribers manually..yeah so I got my hands full.

7 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

Another option is I just change it upon request. I can't imagine people needing to update photo's in a particular Album often but yes I agree it should have a separate setting its not good policy to leave it open the way it is.

To answer your other question I would assume so however I can make a secondary usergroup for trusted users who need to regularly edit Calendar events.

We're only at the starting line mate, there's a lot on the to do list.

Yeah, there is always a lot to do when setting up new systems. Things like this would be way down on your priorities. Its most likely on your list to look at a long time from now, but just mentioning that forum signatures would be nice to have back again.

You're welcome to change the edit policy back to what it was before, now that we've identified whats going on. I don't need to really edit anything in the photos, I just thought something had malfunctioned or had been changed when I noticed the ability missing. We're currently not getting a huge influx of calendar entries or new galleries being added so currently it should be fine for changes to be done upon request if really needed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

Just to add the current "Members" user group that everybody is in will become Newbie then Members etc like the old site with conditions set to move into the next tier.

Before I can even think about starting on that I have to reinstate a few hundred Paid subscribers manually..yeah so I got my hands full.

Yeah, I just got my Rookie badge. Gave me a laugh, with 6000+ posts and 11 years on the site 😄

F*ck me, I need to get a life 😄 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, namastepat said:

Yeah, I just got my Rookie badge. Gave me a laugh, with 6000+ posts and 11 years on the site 😄

F*ck me, I need to get a life 😄 

I believe the ranking system is separate. We all started from 0 on that one which isn't a bad thing.

The badges would be separate to the usergroups.. the badges are more like achievements you get in video games (steam, xbox, etc)

edit: as AK said above whilst I was typing this   Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Edited by Brk_oth

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Brk_oth said:

Yeah, there is always a lot to do when setting up new systems. Things like this would be way down on your priorities. Its most likely on your list to look at a long time from now, but just mentioning that forum signatures would be nice to have back again.

You're welcome to change the edit policy back to what it was before, now that we've identified whats going on. I don't need to really edit anything in the photos, I just thought something had malfunctioned or had been changed when I noticed the ability missing. We're currently not getting a huge influx of calendar entries or new galleries being added so currently it should be fine for changes to be done upon request if really needed.

It's also great to get feedback on this stuff. As I said earlier I'm learning too and I'll certainly put any reasonable request on the "to do" list.