Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What is this, a new title or something else?

really??? Hopefully you're not considering pre ordering otherwise the slogan does apply to you "take my money".....and run. lol

I don't pre-order anything, still interested. I really don't understand why so many want Homepin to fail. If they succeed, there are more pinball machines to enjoy.

• Like 5

I can't see any possible way that Homepin would get the Spinal Tap license. Unless the license holders did absolutely no research into what happened with his last licensed venture.

I don't want Homepin to fail, but he has a lot to prove to make up for the bad blood he caused with his customers. Thunderbirds was very poorly handled and when it did finally release, customers were sold a lemon of a pin. I personally had friends who were badly burnt by the entire saga and there are a lot of people in this little community who will never want to send money to Homepin ever again.

It's entirely understandable.

thats 4 times now you tried to stir up things namapat.. its not mike its you.

there are well over 100 thunderbirds out there but ALL the hate is from the same few mike haters who either didnt even buy one or got butthurt over how long it took to get a refund when things when bad.

Hes survived. You're "little community" is less than 10% of the market so the few of you dribbling on wont be the end of the world. You must be in a really bad place to have this much time for rehashing old drama. I hope you find your own happiness soon.

Hahaha, great to see Wiredoug back defending Homepin on AA again. You do it enough on Pinside.

Good on him for surviving. Doesn't change the fact that he released a terrible pin, delayed for years, and burnt a lot of his Aussie customers, the people who he relied on for support in the beginning.

I will see how his next pin turns out. Don't have high hopes.

And as for me, I am in a great place right now thank you. Pass your judgement on others.

You realise that what you do on Pinside is no different to what I am doing here. Which is commenting based on my own opinion. I guess you fail to understand that.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm done. I will wait to see what the next pin turns out like. The Porsche pin he made for Porsche China looked far better than Thunderbirds from a playfield design perspective, so maybe he has learnt from the past.

Here's hoping having proper pinball designers on board will lead to a better playing pin. Will be interesting to see what the theme is. I will be very surprised if it is Spinal Tap, but it would make for an excellent pin theme.

• Like 1

Cricket bats, 11 a side in cricket, seems plausible?

Not if this is true:

"What’s your focal market for this one?

World wide but it probably won't sell in Asia as it's a theme very well known in western countries but not Asia."

A cricket theme would be the opposite; huge appeal in India and Pakistan but no interest in North America and Europe.

If cricket, not a long bow to draw to suspect it could be related to Hankin's Dennis Lillee Howzat. Homepin has a close business relationship with David Hankin, so maybe it's a reboot/remake of Howzat.

Doubtful, as it would have limited appeal to anyone outside of Australia.

If cricket, not a long bow to draw to suspect it could be related to Hankin's Dennis Lillee Howzat. Homepin has a close business relationship with David Hankin, so maybe it's a reboot/remake of Howzat.

Doubtful, as it would have limited appeal to anyone outside of Australia.

HOWZAT......HOWZIT...for the South Africans....

India alone has Billions who like cricket....Less covid wankers that is....

It has a huge audience....But it's still a Homepin :realmad::realmad::realmad: and carries all of the above weighted comments

I don't pre-order anything, still interested. I really don't understand why so many want Homepin to fail. If they succeed, there are more pinball machines to enjoy.

Not fail but do the right thing by the community. Here's his chance, to produce something this September and get runs on the board. Sales will come if it's good and the guy supplies in a timely manner or expresses what the likely wait time will be. Keeping people correctly informed shouldn't cause too much problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I am assuming most people would have seen the image posted on Homepin's Facebook that then got put on Pinside. Linked below for those who may have missed it.

With a reference that specific, it's got to be Spinal Tap. Crazy that he managed to get the licence for such a well known property. 

I love the movie, here's hoping that it gets turned into a decent pinball. Will be very interesting to see how it pans out this time.

229332462_1004746696964140_4979802284404151560_n.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, been following it on Pinside. Surprising to see he got the full license for the movie. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. I love the theme, so I hope it actually ends up being a pinball worth playing. If it was JJP or Stern marking it, I expect there would be more buzz for it, as the movie has a large, cult fanbase.

2 hours ago, namastepat said:

Yeah, been following it on Pinside. Surprising to see he got the full license for the movie. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. I love the theme, so I hope it actually ends up being a pinball worth playing. If it was JJP or Stern marking it, I expect there would be more buzz for it, as the movie has a large, cult fanbase.

I'm keen to see it. I contacted Highway but there isn't a lot of information they could give me just yet.

There could be more hype if it was JJP or Stern, but to be honest, on the JJP front, I haven't been a fan of their games (at least the ones I've played) so I'm fine with it not being them.