IGNORED

Power supply replacement

Potostew42

Question

I'm looking for a new power supply as my old one still works but it has a blown diod and probably more faulty parts atm it has street fighter 2 CE but later it will have a Pandora box or similar, the old one had a step down transformer for 90V-132V with -5 volts what would be a good one to buy that doesn't need a step down transformer for 240 volts? I've noticed there was no A.C filter in my cab could this the reason for the bad power supply and do newer power supply's need one.

How's this one its a Suzohapp I'm not sure if the Suzo part means it's a knock off or not

https://www.austinamusements.com.au/collections/power-supply/products/suzohapp-110w-power-pro-power-supply

20210802_001635.thumb.jpg.a9fd9ede956e992ecf92aa041177855f.jpg

3 answers to this question

I've got a bout 5 old AT power supply's I wouldn't trust them as longevity goes it might be a good idea to use a corsair PS and an AT adapter with -5 volts but for anyone else's goings on don't buy the China eBay adapters there's no -5 volts I got a couple from a guy that doesn't make them any more, shame really they're great gear with a 5 or 10 watt fat white resistor so it would always have a load on it.