Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 19 - Game 2 - Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Closes 15/08/2021

GAME 3.... And we're in a world of manufactured monsters...

VPGL 19 - Game 2 ~ Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Nominated by VPGL legend kane

1380076066_IMG_3912(Small).jpg.71925b71d36e685214c6adfbb674b956.jpg

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was released by Sega in 1995 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by: John Borg

Art by: Paul Faris

Dots/Animation by: Jack Liddon, Kurt Andersen, Scott Melchionda, Marc Raneses

Music by: Brian Schmidt

Sound by: Brian Schmidt

Software by: Neil Falconer, Orin Day, John Carpenter

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=15682

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/...ein-sega-1995/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...s&showfile=238

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 15 August 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will survive long enough to win game 2?

Edited by JustAnotherRat
Corrected the end date. It was a week too short
  • Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_170482_1627878511805_254"}[/ATTACH] 583,449,810. Yes, DMD is very hard to read. I think alternative RGB values might fix it
  • Like 3

Is that a Pin2DMD? Frankenstein uses a DMD that is twice as high and therefore doesn't display well on a standard DMD. (same as Baywatch, Batman Forever and Maverick).

Interesting info thanks JAR. I have a PIn2 DMD. I saw Kane’s score post on the PC and tried to duplicate those colours and it’s easier to read on most screens.

I just found this on the Github page for freezy. You can have settings for certain games

1879237352_DMDresize.JPG.b97799e7cb249094fe62babcd648c0a4.JPG

This works for me. I have a topper screen which is a bit bigger than my dmd screen so I just set it up on there and it fits fine.

It should also work on other games. Others that spring to mind are Baywatch and Maverick

I just added the lines

[frankst]

virtualdmd left = (insert your value here)

virtualdmd top = (insert your value here)

virtualdmd width = (insert your value here)

virtualdmd height = (insert your value here)

I also installed the colour dmd files and they look awesome

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3702-mary-shelleys-frankenstein/

• Like 2

Finally back to playing been cleaning the house for the last couple of weeks …..getting ready to sell and down size..

great table fast just don’t quite know what we’re aiming for yet but really enjoying 

mozzie 1,234,047,040

E4AA75F0-B1D9-40AF-B16B-F6C9CCE86C0E.jpeg

Let’s see if the misses can catch me on this one

mrs Moz 476,215,360

6D2D42E5-CB81-4788-81FD-28ABBA115F94.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozzie1 said:

Finally back to playing been cleaning the house for the last couple of weeks …..getting ready to sell and down size..

great table fast just don’t quite know what we’re aiming for yet but really enjoying 

mozzie 1,234,047,040

I hope the downsize includes enough room for the arcade collection

Another upgradefrankenstein.thumb.jpg.02b98d4dbad2b760828a8657246d99aa.jpg

• Like 2

No way in the world we’re getting rid of the pinnie ..might get a 2 player standup arcade later as well..

we have to wait for the land release in 12 months then build again so the new place will be awhile…the market is so hot to sell at the moment..

12 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

No way in the world we’re getting rid of the pinnie ..might get a 2 player standup arcade later as well..

we have to wait for the land release in 12 months then build again so the new place will be awhile…the market is so hot to sell at the moment..

My house is listed for sale at the moment but the Virtual Pin is gone. I will build another one when I can, but the builder that did work on our place before we listed it bought it. It wasn't for sale though, I wasn't planning on selling it.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherRat said:

My house is listed for sale at the moment but the Virtual Pin is gone. I will build another one when I can, but the builder that did work on our place before we listed it bought it. It wasn't for sale though, I wasn't planning on selling it.

Ahh so that explains why you arent kicking our arse in the comp right now!

Are you having withdrawals / convulsions etc?

35 minutes ago, legin said:

Ahh so that explains why you arent kicking our arse in the comp right now!

Are you having withdrawals / convulsions etc?

Haha. I haven't had a lot of time to play anyway, I'm probably a bit rusty so I'm not sure that I'd be kicking arse anyway, kane (as always) has been putting up impressive scores.

I have been spending my time packing and cleaning. When I have some spare time and don't feel exhausted I'm been tinkering a little on a World Cup Soccer 94 pinball machine I bought which needs a little work so the withdrawals haven't really kicked in. I was going to start buying parts for the new build but I have no where to put them at the moment anyway.

• Like 1