Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Please, write down what you collection is worth

Public announcement;

currently cleaning up a deceased estate

quite annoying, I know things might be valuable to someone, somewhere, but it is all car stuff, no idea if things are $5 or $500

do your family a good deed, write down what are your precious collectables that should not be thrown in a skip

• Like 8

• Administrators

That is good advice Pete. I know my wife would have no idea how much my collections are worth of how to dispose of them when I cark it.

Even better, speak to someone in the same hobby you trust and ask them if they will help dispose of certain stuff when the time comes.

A little advice and direction to your partner could be the difference between them getting what the collection is worth.....or 10% of it.

Dave

• Like 3

My guess is my wife will try to save money and bury me in one of my games or use them for fire wood for my bbq-ing lol

I’ll help her get rid of your stuff, and show her that note you wrote telling me to take a couple of machines because Ive been such a good friend 🤣 I bet you’re warning her right about NOW!

• Like 6

Unless your collection is specific in the unobtainable, I am thinking it really doesn't matter anymore in this point and click world...A Twilight Zone for example, it is what it is, nice condition be damned it may make someone sad to even look at it and want it gone...At any price.

At the end of the day they're just objects to me, of no real value except the $

After working out I've had close to 70 pins, there's not one I couldn't live without if it came to it. Best to sell at some stage or tell your kids to start the auction at 1$ when its time to sell. Collecting anything to me is bordering on hoarding and reminds me of one of those blokes with old newspapers from 1972 in his garage that he saves for the future. Zero interest for me.

After working out I've had close to 70 pins, there's not one I couldn't live without if it came to it. Best to sell at some stage or tell your kids to start the auction at 1$ when its time to sell. Collecting anything to me is bordering on hoarding and reminds me of one of those blokes with old newspapers from 1972 in his garage that he saves for the future. Zero interest for me.

How about you write the purchase value and roughly when it was purchased and it's current approx worth and date on paper and leave it inside the machine.

Then your relo's and others (wife, Ex-wife) have a friggin clue as to there worth?

I do this with my Balls (Pinballs) so I can see when I should replace them.

As I live near the coast I don't want my balls to rust and my memory loss is very real...:lol:lol:lol

• Like 1

Nah my instructions are start em’ at $1. They know the drill

If for instance they were sold in this market, they’d reach a fair and reasonable end price as long as the didn’t sell the gunners ce as an se I guess :D

I took this advice and made a little list up for the Mrs and her eyes lit up. Now I can see the cogs turning, she’s either going to sell them when I’m out or have me knocked off. Thanks guys. :lol Edited by Boof Head
  • Like 5

e.

you would be surprised how much all that "junk " is worth, people will buy almost anything

we have only cleaned out the shed, I would have tossed most of it, but one days worth of work netted a couple of thousand

• Like 3

I probably hoard a bit too much. A few weeks back, while looking at some stuff chucked on the kerbside, I started talking with an old bloke about how stuff can be valued by one person but dumped by the next. He told me he recently sold most of his cherished items in his collection - his original 1947 Scout uniform, bar memorabilia from country pubs, etc. He said when he looked at it, it was just stuff that was not really doing anything for him. So he sold it off and used the money to enjoy himself while he was still alive. It got me thinking.
  • Like 2

this is a little off topic from the original thread title, but how do you put a 'worth' on what brings you/or someone else joy? possibly an auction is the best decider on recent results?

worth is what someone will pay for the particular item/s

....and what collections, all?, many have a variety of collectibles (the hoarders like myself)

a mate of mine is moving house and has VW bug parts from way back when his dad was alive, he's talking about getting a skip and chucking everything he doesn't need......I've suggested Gummy, but to someone who knows nothing of their worth, where is the best place to start?

a mate of mine is moving house and has VW bug parts from way back when his dad was alive, he's talking about getting a skip and chucking everything he doesn't need......I've suggested Gummy, but to someone who knows nothing of their worth, where is the best place to start?

dont throw out car parts

some of what we have been cleaning up is old mazda parts, someone out there will pay cash for those parts

and if they are actually junk, someone will pay for their scrap metal price

we have just been using Facebook for the sales

as for prices, or even identifying parts, join a VW forum

• Like 1

That actually goes the other way too, I have a Rockola 440 and aparently they are worth only 800.00, Well, I got 7k into mine after the rebuild, (it was bad, with fire damage), but ain't going to give it away because now it is a little cutie, even rebuilt the motors with NOS shafts....What's it worth? Not anything if it is compared to a 800.00 machine as a baseline.
  • Like 1