Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVIII - Game 10 ~ Jump Bug (closes 15-Aug)

Cash collection ...

MGLXLVIII – Game 10 ~ Jump Bug

Nominated by gamers: @Ace1942 and @RichyS

ROMSet: JumpBug

DCKP8uo.png

Game Story:

The player controls a VW Beetle that jumps through eight scenarios collecting money and jewels. Shoot or avoid the enemies.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15-Aug-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed. ONLY 1 LOOP PER AREA within a given stage is allowed, 2 or more loops within a given stage IS NOT ALLOWED. This ruling is made due to leeching issues.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 10 … The jitters on the move ...

JurIZfq.jpg

• Like 1

Just a reminder, please make sure ONLY 1 LOOP PER AREA within a given stage is played.

2 or more loops within a given stage IS NOT ALLOWED. This ruling is made due to leeching issues.

DzsKv5c.png

Just so you know, the dips in this game are wrong, Hard = Easy and Easy = Hard. This is for most or all versions of mame but maybe in more recent versions it has been fixed. You will be able to tell by the joker showing up after the first few seconds of the game you know that the game and not the settings = Hard. If the joker doesn't show up for some 18-20 seconds than you are playing the correct dip setting of HARD but the game settings of Easy. Just make sure that if the joker comes out quickly you should change your settings. The dips should be set to HARD so that the internal game play is easy. This is true up to at least version 230 of mame. If your playing a version of mame before 230 don't change anything as the default dips are HARD and that is correct.

Other note not confirmed or verified is about the leeching issue. I believe that an earlier version of roms that have not been found or dumped existed when the game first came out. Leeching on the current romset that we have is quite impossible to leech for really high scores. The enemies in the game get really fast and unpredictable enough that you can't survive long enough to make multiple passes in the pyramid. Again just my opinion on the subject but I do like the rule regardless.

• Like 3

Just so you know, the dips in this game are wrong, Hard = Easy and Easy = Hard. This is for most or all versions of mame but maybe in more recent versions it has been fixed. You will be able to tell by the joker showing up after the first few seconds of the game you know that the game and not the settings = Hard. If the joker doesn't show up for some 18-20 seconds than you are playing the correct dip setting of HARD but the game settings of Easy. Just make sure that if the joker comes out quickly you should change your settings. The dips should be set to HARD so that the internal game play is easy. This is true up to at least version 230 of mame. If your playing a version of mame before 230 don't change anything as the default dips are HARD and that is correct.

Other note not confirmed or verified is about the leeching issue. I believe that an earlier version of roms that have not been found or dumped existed when the game first came out. Leeching on the current romset that we have is quite impossible to leech for really high scores. The enemies in the game get really fast and unpredictable enough that you can't survive long enough to make multiple passes in the pyramid. Again just my opinion on the subject but I do like the rule regardless.

Thanks for the feedback. That's great. Just to simplify for all gamers, nothing has changed. As per the 1st post above, set to "Hard" as per the screenshot, and it will actually play as Easy.

Is the easy hard swap just in Mame? I plan to play on a BitKit.

There is no way to be sure on today's paper (internet). Play the BitKit game as per John's post number 6 above, and see when the Joker appears. Change the settings if needed to get the correct Joker appearance. And let us know what you found out ... :cool:

• Like 1