Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Future of AA (Please Read)

• Administrators

I'm doing a test migration meaning the data, forum posts, attachments, pm's, users etc are being converted into the new system so the test site is closed.

The whole point of the test setup is to see how long the process will take. So far it's been running for just on 24 hours currently doing attachments....in fact its doing them twice which I hope isn't a bug. :o ...Edit: actually it locked up :/ Edit was able to resume and its finished.

All this needs to be tested before I even think of upgrading the main site which will mean down time and by the looks of this could be a day or two.

• Like 2

• Administrators
Hope it goes smooth for your sake Trav

Its going GREAT mate. Migration has been done it's now in the process of rebuilding the content, quotes, likes, attachments in posts etc

At fist I was a bit worried because the posts look like shit, no formatting of the text, no quotes or attachments but its slowly getting there.

giphy.gif?cid=35e4938dcs44vhox99kuft6czvmun9wxtbuw58poni3qpsdf&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I think we have a winner!

Once the process is finished I'll open the test site up for everybody to have a play with. The site is functioning now but I think its best to play it safe.

• Like 6

• Administrators

You can now log into the test site with your AA email and password from the main site https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/ (no need to make a new account)

The site is still rebuilding posts etc in the background so don't be alarmed if you find broken posts, missing images and what not.

I've put everybody into the same usergroup for now to save time sorting out permissions for several different usergroups.

I suggest everybody go into their profile and setting and get familiar with the notification and other settings.

All feedback is welcome and encouraged.

You can now log into the test site with your AA email and password from the main site.

The email address or password was incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off).

( i reset it to the same password and it worked)

• Administrators
Will posts/threads on the test site disappear when the site goes live?

Yes so go nuts, its only there for testing purposes and nothing is final on that site including the layout, skin etc. It's important to do a test migration before doing it to the live site.

I'll make a set date where this site will close and a up to date copy of the main site's database (this one) will be migrated across so all posts will be up to date.

• Like 1

Yes so go nuts, its only there for testing purposes and nothing is final on that site including the layout, skin etc. It's important to do a test migration before doing it to the live site.

I'll make a set date where this site will close and a up to date copy of the main site's database (this one) will be migrated across so all posts will be up to date.

:023:

Nice work captain.

Ive been enjoying tinkering with new platform and even I (the ol fart :redface) find it basically easy to find my way around and add avatars, profile banners etc.

Hey Trav, having trouble logging on (99% sure its on my end - turned off pi-hole, lastpass, DNS etc, tried different browsers). If i change my password on this side, do you need to do anything on your end to reflect changes? Cheers

• Administrators

Hi Jas.

People have had to do a password reset on the new software (even though I was told they should migrate).

I've unlocked the account and sent you a password reset email. I'll send a ticket to their tech support and see what they say on the matter.

When the final site goes live I may just have to do a hard password reset on everybody's account.

Thanks Trav...all done. I really appreciate the work youve done...I know its a mammoth task. Im one of those people that doesnt really care fhow forum pages operate - which doesnt mean I dont appreciate. Having said that...new site looks awesome!
  • Like 1

My account is locked... I have to try again in 14 minutes but it doesn't seem to like my password. If I try to change it, I don't get an email.

I did log into the site before the test migration and created an account (same username and password) to do it, so perhaps a conflict there???

I tried creating a new account and it wanted a stronger password than the one I currently use. Could there be a problem with my password not being strong enough, but not letting me change it?

• Administrators
My account is locked... I have to try again in 14 minutes but it doesn't seem to like my password. If I try to change it, I don't get an email.

I did log into the site before the test migration and created an account (same username and password) to do it, so perhaps a conflict there???

I tried creating a new account and it wanted a stronger password than the one I currently use. Could there be a problem with my password not being strong enough, but not letting me change it?

No conflict mate because I erased the database and started from scratch when I did the test migration.

I've sent a support ticket in we'll see what they say in the meantime I'll unlock the account and send you a password reset.

• Like 1

So that was weird. The password reset seemed to work and I was in. I decided to log out and then log back in again just to ensure my new password worked but on the first attempt, and I'm sure I typed my password correctly, it told me my account is locked and I need to wait 14 minutes... I'll wait and then try again and see if it self resolves.

It's working fine now

I have the same issue. It appears all private messaging is now done through the new site, and I need to reply to a message.

I could not get in (it did not like my original password) and it locked me out (about an hour ago). I still can't get in...

• Administrators

I have the same issue. It appears all private messaging is now done through the new site, and I need to reply to a message.

I could not get in (it did not like my original password) and it locked me out (about an hour ago). I still can't get in...

Private messaging is not done through the new site. The new site in its current form is for testing only and is 100% independent of this one, they are not even the same platform.

You should not be directed to the new site at all unless you click on the link I posted. I have no idea how you managed to achieve this. :unsure

Can you provide a step by step how you are ending up on the other site please?

Private messaging is not done through the new site. The new site in its current form is for testing only and is 100% independent of this one, they are not even the same platform.

You should not be directed to the new site at all unless you click on the link I posted. I have no idea how you managed to achieve this. :unsure

Can you provide a step by step how you are ending up on the other site please?

I got an e-mail from Aussiearcade today looking like this (minus the pics):

995252625_Newsiteproblem.jpg.a9c63c898840d9ad1eb12970a046d7b5.jpg

When I click on "Read full message" I get straight to here:

311867350_Newsiteproblem2.thumb.jpg.26cefda2c9d330c0d694108da5bc6b2f.jpg

From then on I can't get anywhere as it would not let me (and locked out now).

My problem is that when I go into Messages on the normal Aussiearcade, there are no new messages there for me! So it looks like the new message went straight to new platform!

2145418436_Newsiteproblem.jpg.c0153a8d3509804aefa22a5f18b68e65.jpg

1738470462_Newsiteproblem2.thumb.jpg.c7aec540856cd2adaf92959e65d78eda.jpg

• Administrators

Looks like some confusion with the mail server going on. weird.

The emails I'm getting from each site are completely independent so I didn't understand what you meant.

If you get emails like that just come straight to the main site don't click on the links for the time being.