Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Future of AA (Please Read)

• Administrators
I prefer the invision forum

but in the end, it is you who has to deal with the backend and all the add-ons

I'm already sold on Invision mate........I was looking in the gallery and you can actually rotate pics, has the world gone mad?

Untitled-2.jpg.ef90c33e514390def42cd7de9b171cc9.jpg

Check this out, you can actually customise your own activity stream.....Makes VB5 look like garbage.

I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase the software over the weekend, I won't bother with the Blog and Downloads addons, nobody will use them.

At $475 USD and $85 renewal every six months its not cheap though but its night and day to what we have.

• Like 5

Not sure how relevant it is but one feature I loved (not sure what happened) was having apps like tapatalk and “Aussie arcade� give me a notification when someone posts to a particular thread.

sounds like you’ve made a decision so this feedback maybe not useful anymore but just in case :-)

great site - appreciate the work it takes - throwing through a donation now

• Like 1

With an interest in everything EM, I visit this site everyday for any talk on EM pinball. Thanks Trav for your work over the years !! The new Invision site looks to be quite user friendly as mentioned by others. Hope the transition to the new site goes smoothly.

• Administrators
Not sure how relevant it is but one feature I loved (not sure what happened) was having apps like tapatalk and “Aussie arcade� give me a notification when someone posts to a particular thread.

sounds like you’ve made a decision so this feedback maybe not useful anymore but just in case :-)

great site - appreciate the work it takes - throwing through a donation now

I'm not going to make any promises regarding Tapatalk but I will certainly look into it. Invision are making their own in house Android and Apple apps and there may even be third party ones already. If the quality is on par with the rest of the software I'd like to try and avoid Tapatalk. It may be easy but its also a nightmare for those who have to deal with it server side.

Thank you for the donation and everybody else who has pitched in :)

The invision site looks the more user friendly

many people on AA are computer savvy but id say as many are not the more user friendly the better ,

agreed John

• Administrators

Can't see how, my computer works everywhere I go faultlessly but not on your test set up.

I didn't set it up it's a demo on their server so I have no idea why you are having issues sorry. We'll have to wait til I can get a test setup here and see if you are still having issues.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Test site is up here for those who want to have a play. https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/

I'm waiting to hear back from the devs before I attempt a test migration, I want to make sure the existing attachments and avatars folder wont be modified and mess up the main site.

Once the migration is done you should be able to log in with your existing email and password but until then you'll have to create a new one....have fun!

Please make sure your email is up to date!

• Like 1

• Administrators
Thanks for all you do and all of the hard work you put into the site and this great hobby of ours. Just donated

Thank you very much Micky

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/

Feel free to make an account on the test site and have a play around with the new forum software, go nuts with it.

I been following along, and gotta say that this does sound exciting, and could see this being a horrible stress event for you Arcade King, For what it is worth the site is nice the way it is and works well...If this Princess gets lost in the vortex and the Matrix of change I don't imagine anyone sending out the dogs, but it was nice meeting you guys. (Just in case).
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Just playing around with the calendar. If someone posts and event you can indicate if you are going or if you are a maybe. The organizer can then download the attendees list and the attendees can download the .ISC file to read into their Outlook, Mozilla, Google or Apple calendars. Pretty slick and pretty intuitive.

The whole interface looks far more professional than vbulletin.

Dave

• Like 3