IGNORED

MGLXLVIII - Game 9 ~ Tapper (closes 8-Aug)

Tips galore ...

MGLXLVIII – Game 9 ~ Tapper [budweiser]

Nominated by gamer: Tracey

ROMSet:

0.106-0.141: tapper - "Tapper (Budweiser)"

0.142-0.194: tapper - "Tapper (Budweiser, set 1)"

0.195- : tapperb - "Tapper (Budweiser, Date Unknown)"

fyf2upV.jpg

Game Story:

You are a bartender serving Budweiser beer to patrons. You must serve everyone a beer before they work their way up to the kegs. You must also grab empty mugs before they slide off the end of the bar. Extra points for collecting tips. Bonus rounds involve locating the one beer that has not been shaken, and serving it.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 8-Aug-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. These are the default settings. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 … The customer is always thirsty ...

BmRG26b.jpg

• Like 1

Pessimeister: 45, 325

0000.png.a9c28df42f526584bee7133eae09cb62.png

I remember first playing this for Battle of the Arcades in 2018. Pixel Alley had a decent Tapper machine and it was a fun time learning the game. I also discovered the C64 conversion after that. Good brew serving to everyone. :)

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 1

Pessimeister: 45, 325

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0000.png Views:\t0 Size:\t4.4 KB ID:\t2221551","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2221551","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

I remember first playing this for Battle of the Arcades in 2018. Pixel Alley had a decent Tapper machine and it was a fun time learning the game. I also discovered the C64 conversion after that. Good brew serving to everyone. :)

I think this is a great game too. So different to shooting, spaceship, fighting and driving games. The graphics are intricate and look great. And it's funny.

Pessimeister: 52, 350

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2221945}[/ATTACH]

I don't think Bartronica will hire me at this rate. Unless I want to spend most of my time sweeping. ;)

LOL. You drink better than you serve drink ... :lol

• Like 1

Is there a video of the 1M score on this?

I dont have a video of me rolling it but i do have one where i played on a livestream giving advice on how to improve. Will post a link to it along with some pointers next week when i get back from my Sunday arcade session.

• Like 4

Has anybody made it to the alien bars yet?

Made it to Alien Bars a couple of times last time I played it in MGL - not yet this time.

BTW mate did you play this cab back in the day, don't recall ever seeing it myself in & around St.Helens where I'm from, Usually just a Spacies in the pubs, didn't even play it on Speccy or C64. Anyway great scoring :)

• Like 1

Made it to Alien Bars a couple of times last time I played it in MGL - not yet this time.

BTW mate did you play this cab back in the day, don't recall ever seeing it myself in & around St.Helens where I'm from, Usually just a Spacies in the pubs, didn't even play it on Speccy or C64. Anyway great scoring :)

Thanks. Unfortunately I didnt see it back in the day not quite old enough. I play at Arcade Club which is the biggest freeplay arcade in Europe. Loads of original arcade machines including an original Budweiser Tapper. First played it back in November 2018 when i first discovered the arcade and recognised it as the beer game from Wreck it Ralph. Rolled it for the first time 21st August last year.

Thanks. Unfortunately I didnt see it back in the day not quite old enough. I play at Arcade Club which is the biggest freeplay arcade in Europe. Loads of original arcade machines including an original Budweiser Tapper. First played it back in November 2018 when i first discovered the arcade and recognised it as the beer game from Wreck it Ralph. Rolled it for the first time 21st August last year.

Oh cool, that the one in Bury? A mate I used to play arcades with contacted me on FB just last year (hadn't heard from him in 30yrs) & told me about it as he got back into arcade again there PAZ is his Initials - top Bubble Bobble / GnG player + others.