Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RGB mod help - Sony BG-3S

ashhhhh

Question

Hey all,

Im sure this type of thing has been done to death but I have been finding a variety of methods and options and am honestly lost as to which is the best way to proceed.

Essentially I want to RGB mod a Sony KV-XF29M35. This is a 4:3 FD model which has composite and s--video inputs. It uses the BG-3S chassis.

Also Teletext/OSD.

I want to retain full operation of the set as ill be using it for playback of video too and do need the OSD so ill want a switchable mod.

In terms of the RGB purpose, ill be using it for consoles mainly.

I am technically capable but don't quite have the electronic knowledge to formulate the best approach.

Can someone give me a clear run down of the best way to go about this?

I mentioned my confusion and it stems from some people patching in to the teletext module, then ive read of issues around that as lines are shared with OSD etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ash

5 answers to this question

Pinging @MarkOZLAD, who might ask you to take a look at the RGB mod thread on the Shmups forums (which sadly won't let you search for BG-3S).

Essentially you want to read up on the Mux method MArkozlad and sytnax developed, and find their calculator spreadsheet in the thread above. Then find out any quirks about rgb modding the BG-3S chassis.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a Sony TV with the BG-3R chassis, I removed the V1 Teletext module. By injecting onto the RGB lines that connected to the teletext module you are pretending to be the teletext module you need to use 75ohm terminating resistors. The teletext module has a dc voltage that it applies to the BLK pin. I think that this tells the Jungle IC that it has a signal ready, around 3.2 volts. I have this permanently wired. If you were wanting other inputs to work I think you might need to switch this on or off.
  • Like 1

Hi, I have a Sony TV with the BG-3R chassis, I removed the V1 Teletext module. By injecting onto the RGB lines that connected to the teletext module you are pretending to be the teletext module you need to use 75ohm terminating resistors. The teletext module has a dc voltage that it applies to the BLK pin. I think that this tells the Jungle IC that it has a signal ready, around 3.2 volts. I have this permanently wired. If you were wanting other inputs to work I think you might need to switch this on or off.

Yeah this is the route I ended up going too based off a Youtube video I found.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers everyone!

On 17/07/2021 at 4:03 PM, ashhhhh said:

Yeah this is the route I ended up going too based off a Youtube video I found.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers everyone!

Hey,

what was the video you found? i recently found the same TV and wish to do a similar mod.