IGNORED

Heavy Weights In Pinball.

Autosteve

What is the heaviest pinball?.....

Take out Bally's Big Foot and Atari's Hercules, they are probably a given. I mean production common pinballs. I'm thinking it would probably be a wide body but maybe an EM and considering Bally's Big Foot is both, it would probably take the cake for the heaviest but who knows.

So for this exercise, exclude both these machines and lets try and find what was the heaviest production machine. I have my suspicions but really have no definite answer but would love to know once and for all.

Fire away.....

• Like 1

What is the heaviest pinball?.....

Take out Bally's Big Foot and Atari's Hercules, they are probably a given. I mean production common pinballs. I'm thinking it would probably be a wide body but maybe an EM and considering Bally's Big Foot is both, it would probably take the cake for the heaviest but who knows.

So for this exercise, exclude both these machines and lets try and find what was the heaviest production machine. I have my suspicions but really have no definite answer but would love to know once and for all.

Fire away.....

I reckon it may be an old EM but one with a large amount going on...They a friggin heavy and the mech's are bulky thus the more on them they will be in the running.

It may also be a newish machine....From memory when helping move a few machines the JJP machines are up there too.

Keen to see what not to buy due to weight alone....and I don't even have stairs like some...:blink:

I was thinking maybe Gottlieb's Haunted House...Through memory, Gottlieb wide body cabinets seemed around the heaviest widebodys at the best of time but add to this for HH, two transformers, multple drop target banks, 5 flippers and 3 playfields.

Maybe HH because I also remember Gottliebs Circus was no light weight either with it's "extended sized wide body" series 80 cabinet, roto target, five flippers, target banks.

It gotta be a wide body something I think if it's from that era that earns this title but it could be an EM 4 player and some of you guys mentioned some I never thought of like WOZ and Bally's Safe Cracker. Never touched either to tell you the truth.

Might need to start weighting some of these fat boys. I'm real interested to know once and for all.

P.S..makes me wonder how I was able to pull Haunted Houses and Gottlieb Circus' out of the box, use the head to put the legs on and finally lift the head on by myself when I was a late teenager at Goddards all those years ago. I suppose you can do anything when you get to be the first in the country to play a new pinball when you were addicted to pinballs and would have done the job for free but was getting paid.:)

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
When you move 200+ machines into Panthers at the Pinball Expo they start to get heavier than hell at about number 50 or so.......
  • Like 11

When you move 200+ machines into Panthers at the Pinball Expo they start to get heavier than hell at about number 50 or so.......

Haha, never did that many in one go. Worse I ever had was a day in the truck putting machines in a brand new site. Bondi Beach straight up two offset sets of stairs. About 20 steps, small landing and up another 20 odd steps into a rather large 1st floor room. 3 truck trips worth of pinballs and two pool tables, (slates), that needed the tops removed and legs removed to get around the landing. Got all the machines in, set up and powered on and drove back to the factory. 3 hours later was told site owner wanted the machines out as LAI offered him a better share. Being a new site we would only offer 60/40 share until the site proved itself and they come in and offered 50/50.

Had to go back the following day and remove all the machines while the LAI truck guys watched on. Last machine of ours come out and in went there machines. That hurt.

Site poaching was common, very common. Goddards had several full time "site scouts" out finding new machine sites as did all the major Sydney operators but the problem was they were commission based paid and loyaltys could be "swayed" if commissions were more to the "site scouts" liking from the oppossion.

Two heaviest I've ever been involved with in moving was both of the P2K games with original CRT screens and then of course Haunted House :o. It would have to be line ball between them.

Never been involved with moving a WOZ but I do remember reading something about Yee :crymoving one around single - handedly.

Official specifications published by the manufacturers:

Stardust (EM 4player) 122kg

Champ (EM 4 player) 125kg

Hercules 125kg

Banzai Run 127kg

Star Trek Next Generation 135kg

Demolition Man 151kg

Revenge From Mars 163kg

Wizard of Oz 179kg

Hawaii (bingo) 220kg

My guess would have been Revenge From Mars... JJPs seem to be heavier than I imagined, I was thinking they were only slightly heavier than Bally/Williams widebodies...

• Like 2