Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Seller descriptions of worn playfields. Opinion.

Everyone’s idea of good is completely different. My good may be your mint or someone else’s cactus. Never go off descriptions unless you know the seller and their idea of good, bad or otherwise.

you need good pictures to make your own mind up on condition.

• Like 9

Yes its looks good in my view, below is a pic from IPDB and compare your low res pic to that to see what the issue is, seems like the red rings around the eyes in yours are different but if thats it then its still good.

55D14733-EFD9-414B-B40E-C7B18303C891.thumb.jpeg.ca068c4def0632439040ddf693155e86.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. Always interesting when it comes to opinions on condition. The main takeaway I think is, always inspect it yourself (if you can) and pay/offer what you think it's worth.
  • Like 1

It may be my computer but are all of the assumptions above are based on the supposed "good' playfield based on one low res pic in the 1st post?

C'mon guys, whats the rest of the PF like???. Shit load of more pics needed IMO.

Just a thought but are thinking of selling or buying this PF?

• Like 1

It may be my computer but are all of the assumptions above are based on the supposed "good' playfield based on one low res pic in the 1st post?

C'mon guys, whats the rest of the PF like???. Shit load of more pics needed IMO.

Just a thought but are thinking of selling or buying this PF?

That's what is given and that's all one can make observations on. One photo, in this case, may be more than enough. The op may only have an issue with that part of the pf and insert wear. He said seller states pf is in good condition and based on that one photo, I have to assume the rest is perfect. So therefore, seller is spot on, if not under estimating the condition.

I'd say yes. Keep in mind you are looking at one of the most used and abused games of the 90s. It would be unusual if the playfield didn't have some kind of wear on it.

That’s pic is RFM not AFM

Insert wear means the whole area around has lost the diamond plate protection. And you never know the size of the area that will potentially have more wear with time.

If you are going to put a protector then that pf looks pretty good. Just add some black touch ups with a pen on those eyes. If not, expect more wear in the near future.

My how the crowd has changed in the hobby @hotty a not so good or fair condition pf in our day was down to wood wear, maybe the odd screw coming up from underneath, insert labels missing etc. Now it seems a dozen dimples and 50 games played is classed as a sited machine lol.
  • Like 3

My how the crowd has changed in the hobby @hotty a not so good or fair condition pf in our day was down to wood wear, maybe the odd screw coming up from underneath, insert labels missing etc. Now it seems a dozen dimples and 50 games played is classed as a sited machine lol.

Yep the way people experience the pinball hobby is not what it use to be. It’s becoming more difficult to deal with buyers expectations in fact that picture and post illustrated the exact problems sellers face. Sure you say inspect and priced accordingly....what does that even mean these days. So go look at it and hope you can agree on a price, it’s that simple.

Now it seems a dozen dimples and 50 games played is classed as a sited machine lol.

:laugh:

I see everyone installing a pf protector for a hug machine. Do you really think the machine is going to get wear with 100 or 200 games per year? lol

One thing is certain, when you are going to sell a machine nowadays, it is worth way more if it has pf protector installed since day one.

Low plays and pf protection, They don’t make them like they used to. Played a few hours last night with 4 mates on a brand spanking NIB new Jurassic Park. Not once did the owner have concerns over amount dimpling or games played, So if guys are saying their machines have been played 50 -100 times over a year or 2 then get some friends and enjoy each other’s company. Edited by hotty
  • Like 1

Low plays and pf protection, They don’t make them like they used to. Played a few hours last night with 4 mates on a brand spanking NIB new Jurassic Park. Not once did the owner have concerns over amount dimpling or games played, So if guys are saying their machines have been played 50 -100 times over a year or 2 then get some friends and enjoy each other’s company.

Yes but new owner did get tired of one @hotty posting his name up for all these obscure high scores 😂

and said new owner has already posted 100 games in 2 days 😂

• Like 1

To many artists involved in pinball these days. It takes far more than a nice paint job to make a good game. I don't care how many new playfields go in a game, if the game was a poor performer from day one no amount of money, mods or paint and polishing is going to change that.

Problem is some buy on appearance and not performance.

Putting makeup on a pig, you still have a pig. Lucky for those that don't realise this, the good news for you is there are just as many out there at the moment buying that don't know the pigs either.