Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 9 ~ Getaway Closed

​ GAME 9.... And we're getting chased...

VPGL 18 - Game 9 ~ Getaway

Nominated by VPGL legends, legin and yogo

​1099870807_getaway1-wfmfhrzbckvq(Small).jpg.23d26472cdb7babbec34c5b26de85449.jpg​​​

The Getaway was released by Williams in 1992 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine.

Design by: Steve Ritchie

Art by: Doug Watson, Mark Sprenger

Dots/Animation by: Scott Slomiany

Mechanics by: Carl Biagi, Greg Tastad

Music by: Dan Forden

Sound by: Dan Forden

Software by: Dwight Sullivan

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=15448

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=23082

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...&showfile=1330

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 11 July 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will get away?

[gs]1Q5JIvMpljNu4AcdJZx7i-LCzUXPje-lTKKcj_QZc_oU[/gs]​​​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 1

This one’s stumping the misses fast game heaps going on and shift gear she’s uncoordinated and it’s so funny …….😂� I have to shift gears for her
  • Like 1

122218820 shift gears? I’m red lining in 1st. This is a nice game. Graphics reminds my of Black Knight 2000,

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2217093}[/ATTACH]

Yes, shift gears whenever you can as it unlocks the next part of the game. You shift gears by default through pressing launch (the real game has a hi-low shifter) but you can map that to magna save or something if you like.

• Like 1

This one’s stumping the misses fast game heaps going on and shift gear she’s uncoordinated and it’s so funny …….😂� I have to shift gears for her

😂I can picture it Mozzie. It’s actually pretty sweet and funny. They’ll probably make a movie about it one day. Maybe :unsure probably a romantic comedy starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. :cry:D I Shifted gears a couple of times while the ball is rocketing down the gutso and I’m still working out how not to miss an opportunity. I like Jars idea of remapping to the right Magna save. If I can work it out I’ll post the mod.

Oh. I learned something. Left magna Save or plunger shift gears. No need for script changes.

Oh. I learned something. Left magna Save or plunger shift gears. No need for script changes.

Left magna save is likely to be down shift, which I think doesn't matter in general play when it says shift gears, but it does go down gears in Video Mode. I always go straight to 5th in video mode.

• Like 1

125,129,600......another DMD game, another uncompetitive score from me.:(

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreenshot (121).png Views:\t6 Size:\t499.6 KB ID:\t2218487","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2218487","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Always good to leave a bit of room to move Crakkers.:cool: I learnt that from you. I don't know if you remember that you wooped me in Back to the Future and Teenage Mutant turtles and Im predicting a big finish from you here as well. As for strategy Im trying to build up the rpm lights via left and right lane to get red line mania multiball then trying to cradle seperate a much as possible to slow the game down to hit the super charger then right lock and anything else thats lit. Scoring during multiball I think is the way to go. Left magna save also changes gears up which is handy if you have a right flipper shot. Enjoy mate this is a great game.

• Like 1

238,288,190......well that's a bit better. Managed a red line mania. Played this using the keyboard instead of the gamepad - much easier on my dodgy thumb! Probably a good job I played this game before reading your post Russty, or I might have thought about things too much and panicked.:o

476401398_Screenshot(126).png.70d6fc69d4d484662c4e6fd79b667ddb.png

• Like 1