Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Halloween & Ultraman Kaiju Rumble - by Spooky Pinball .....

FOMO is real.

I really wonder what's going to happen with all the NFI crowd when suddenly they realise their machine needs maintenance or has an issue or simply doesn't play 100% from the factory and needs some tweaks say. In this day of 'plug and play' I can imagine that will affect a large proportion of newbies.

FOMO is real.

Or it could just be a popular title?

How many GnR's were sold in what time frame?

Spooky anticipated build time 18 months.

Delivery time???

No comment:blink:

Congrats to those that secured one, can’t believe they all sold in a day. Amazing where this hobby is at.

Not sure how I would feel if I knew it could take 18 months before I received my machine however…

I really wonder what's going to happen with all the NFI crowd when suddenly they realise their machine needs maintenance or has an issue or simply doesn't play 100% from the factory and needs some tweaks say. In this day of 'plug and play' I can imagine that will affect a large proportion of newbies.

What about those that know how to fix and have a shit load of games in their collection. Maintaining them will be a killer. Stern flipper kits from AMD are $75 or so for one flipper, then there's node board replacements, plastic sets if one is broken etc, stuffed if I know what the other crowd's stuff will cost but I'm sure they'd be up there too.

What were prices landed in $aud ?

what edition?:unsure

7k, 8k,9k,&10k plus exchange rate at time of payment.

@75cents the 9k CE is only 12k

friggin cheap compared to some

what edition?:unsure

7k, 8k,9k,&10k plus exchange rate at time of payment.

@75cents the 9k CE is only 12k

friggin cheap compared to some

Plus freight, GST and any import fees associated. Seems like it's going to be quite a bit more than 12k. How much all up were the Rick & Morty's landed, anyone know?

I think repairs for these machines will be a board replacement and not serviceable. A flipper kit will sound cheap compared to a multi layered SMD proprietary board.

Not correct for spooky's new framework. They are using individual LED boards like with RaM and TNA except instead of individually addressable they are serial daisychain, running from Pinotaur.

This means one LED out, replace one LED. I think driver transistors on pinotaur may also be replacable. The new system also has improved protection from what I can gather.

This all leads to the much less wiring as seen in the under playfield shot.

TNA and RaM are a birdsnest, they seem to have "serially addressed" that. Lol

Plus freight, GST and any import fees associated. Seems like it's going to be quite a bit more than 12k. How much all up were the Rick & Morty's landed, anyone know?

Nup but ACNC was 11k inc all the above.. Was 7.5k US and the dollar was below 70 friggin cents...

I even paid Bill $200 in that figure...:cool:

I paid Spooky basically 8k US for my RaM, options, and shipping.

Total cost for all including bill and slevbros, landed to my house in SA was 12.5k.

When I paid spooky my rate was about 73 cents for a dollar best I can recall.

• Like 1

What about those that know how to fix and have a shit load of games in their collection. Maintaining them will be a killer. Stern flipper kits from AMD are $75 or so for one flipper, then there's node board replacements, plastic sets if one is broken etc, stuffed if I know what the other crowd's stuff will cost but I'm sure they'd be up there too.

Yeah on top of that I can only imagine the ones who have dropped major coin only to have zero experience maintaining their new collections as well -imagining the headache and cost of trying to outsource it. Plus as you say the costs for anyone with a large collection of modern pins. Personally, I take that as it comes with owning 19 (90's plus era + 1 80's) with a 20th when Fathom comes. But I've got 20+ years of spares collected so that helps a bit. I also enjoy fixing up machines I've had for a while. I'm using covid to finally get onto stuff like finally completing LEDs, titan rubbers, extra cleaning on IJ. Fixed issues ball trough issues my TZ last week and have to finish it's LED install, and competed LEDs and just about got it working perfectly after some subway and microswitch issues. Same time I've done further tweaks to my R+M to take the flippers down a tiny bit more to get them perfect and realign them to shoot optimally. Always something to do, but really satisfying. I'm pretty close to having all 14 machines in my game room running spot on :).

• Like 6

Yeah on top of that I can only imagine the ones who have dropped major coin only to have zero experience maintaining their new collections as well -imagining the headache and cost of trying to outsource it. Plus as you say the costs for anyone with a large collection of modern pins. Personally, I take that as it comes with owning 19 (90's plus era + 1 80's) with a 20th when Fathom comes. But I've got 20+ years of spares collected so that helps a bit. I also enjoy fixing up machines I've had for a while. I'm using covid to finally get onto stuff like finally completing LEDs, titan rubbers, extra cleaning on IJ. Fixed issues ball trough issues my TZ last week and have to finish it's LED install, and competed LEDs and just about got it working perfectly after some subway and microswitch issues. Same time I've done further tweaks to my R+M to take the flippers down a tiny bit more to get them perfect and realign them to shoot optimally. Always something to do, but really satisfying. I'm pretty close to having all 14 machines in my game room running spot on :).

Don't talk to me about parts. I sold during the first melb covid lock down period just under $10k of parts I no longer needed due to no longer owning the games I bought the stuff for.

• Like 1

I wonder if the two playfields are identical in hardware and you buy a halloween, what would happen if you load the ultra man code into it? In theory it should work..... No?

I wonder if it's like putting a test board set up for say PLAYBOY and placed into a LOST WORLD

This works but I believe you don't know what score or sound will come from where.

I reckon no matter how close they are the program will be written separately and thus even a . in a different code place will change things straight away.

I wonder if it's like putting a test board set up for say PLAYBOY and placed into a LOST WORLD

This works but I believe you don't know what score or sound will come from where.

I reckon no matter how close they are the program will be written separately and thus even a . in a different code place will change things straight away.

More like trying to apply a Deadpool update to a Jurassic Park. Sad face.

Based on what happened to my RaM (catatonic ssd) you would need the SSD image of the other game, and a separate SSD. Spooky had to post me a new drive as the basis of it could not be provided remotely.

You won't be able to apply a Ultraman 'update' to a Halloween SSD without things going pearshaped some way bad.

If you got hold of an Ultraman SSD image put it on a drive and put into your Halloween, that would be analagous to the example quoted above.

There may well be things that still differ, and don't make sense... even though it functions. This bit I wouldn't be as sure about not working. It might work if the physical games are enough the same.

• Like 1

It's just a thought that you guys may end up with two games in one. I thought all that has changed on the pf was art and toys but could be wrong. And yes a new ssd image would be required not just overwrite your original. But I'm confident spooky would be on to this and code something to not let this work

so spooky doesn't have a site for update code like say stern?

It's just a thought that you guys may end up with two games in one. I thought all that has changed on the pf was art and toys but could be wrong. And yes a new ssd image would be required not just overwrite your original. But I'm confident spooky would be on to this and code something to not let this work

so spooky doesn't have a site for update code like say stern?

nup

no problem here

I didn't buy one

I'll stick with my Alice thanks:lol

This was from the day before sale, I had missed it.

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-27-halloweenultraman

Was hoping there might be some tid bits for future releases. None really stood out. I may have missed something. Spooky; Bug, Chuck and Jason the artist. In detail about the two games.