Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A huge loss to the pin community in Victoria/Australia - Vale AA member and mod TOADS

I fondly remember attending my first pinball meet at Marks and have never forgotten how kind and welcoming Mark and Alison were to this newby. Such sad news to hear of Marks passing.
  • Like 1

I'm so sad i'm only just hearing this now :( , Mark was a great guy who i had the pleasure of meeting on numerous occasions....Allison i'm so sorry for your loss...Mark you will be missed by so many people.
  • Like 1

So sad to hear this news. Heartfelt condolences to you Allison and hope that you have support around you now and in the months ahead. Great meeting Mark and Ali at Pinfest and always a helpful guy. So sad when we lose one of the good ones.

I’ve only just come across this post very sad to here another way to young person taken by that fu*ken cancer

as if we don’t already have enough problems in every day life as it is

RIP

• 3 months later...

I know it's been a while, but I wanted to at least post something. @Fairground I'm so sorry, Mark was an awesome dude and always cheerful. A real pleasure to be around, even as briefly as I was. I'll remember him happily. I hope you're doing ok.

Edited by tas_tig3r
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Marks memorial was yesterday, sadly Moyra and I could not make it due to a flight cancellation from Tasmania. I just wanted to acknowledge what a great friend he was to Moyra and I. Mark we will miss you and your passion for all things pinball.

Mark you welcomed Moyra and I into the fold of pinball and showed us your joy for all things pinball and pinball people, you said things straight and didn't sugar coat anything. We love you and are grateful to have met you and known you as a great friend. We are so happy that Allison was there for you and we wish nothing but the best for you Ali.

Mark, I love you and I MISS you.

IMG_4510.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Cursed said:

Marks memorial was yesterday, sadly Moyra and I could not make it due to a flight cancellation from Tasmania. I just wanted to acknowledge what a great friend he was to Moyra and I. Mark we will miss you and your passion for all things pinball.

Mark you welcomed Moyra and I into the fold of pinball and showed us your joy for all things pinball and pinball people, you said things straight and didn't sugar coat anything. We love you and are grateful to have met you and known you as a great friend. We are so happy that Allison was there for you and we wish nothing but the best for you Ali.

IMG_4510.jpg

Well said Michael. Personally I've found the good one's in the pinball community are cut from the same cloth. Though there's many different characters and personalities there's commonality in the generosity of making time to help others in this hobby, whilst having a bit of fun along the way and most of all cherishing the friendships forged through common interests and pinball meets.

I recall first meeting Mark at one of Hashmans meets a number of years ago. I could see he was a well respected veteran, I'd had pinballs for several years but was relatively new to social meets, so as the 'newbie' I reached out to introduce myself and from there crossed paths many times over the years, he helped me out with various pinball troubleshooting and we attended meets at each other's home. Great times....RIP Mark. You are missed.

Take care Allison. You're also in our thoughts.

• Like 6

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Cursed said:

IMG_4510.jpg

We missed you guys being there on the weekend Mike, would have been good to catch up with you and Moyra.

Dave

• Like 3

My heartfelt thanks to the wonderful small gathering at Mark’s memorial.  And it was such a shame the airline stopped you @Queen Of Shots Moyra and @Cursed Michael, missed you both so much.  

It was how Mark wanted, a small colourful send off, to be reunited with best mate Brian, drinking home brew and smoking the good stuff! 

He also would have loved seeing his machines being played later on and shots being drunk in his honour.  

Miss you sweet “toads”.

52D22117-74FC-4CCB-A375-2392FB7F3B17.jpeg

36E63DF7-1F1D-4887-90F8-C1E17194113F.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2