Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A huge loss to the pin community in Victoria/Australia - Vale AA member and mod TOADS

• Administrators

It is with the deepest regret that I pass on the sad news that long term Aussie Arcade members TOADS lost his battle with cancer late last night at the age of 58. Mark joined AA in 2009 and was the kind of member that was always in the mix, lending a hand to make pinball events work and contributing to our community. He became a member of the mod team in 2017 where he continued to give to the community behind the scenes. Mark was not the kind of guy that sought recognition or accolades, but his ongoing contributions to the smooth running of AA cannot be overstated. He was a regular attendee at events like Pinfest and interstate meets where he regularly offered up his assistance for the benefit of others. Mark was a guy who found a hobby he loved and worked hard to bring it to others so they could enjoy it too.

Marks long term partner Allison (Fairground) is well known to many of us, and she has our deepest sympathies in this, the toughest of times.

Allison, I hope it brings you some comfort to know that Mark was so well liked and respected here on AA and in our community.

Mark was a rare man who earned the friendship of others with his quick whit and often irreverent approach to life.

We will all be worse off in his loss, but at the same time better off for having know him.

Vale Mark, you will be missed by many.

Dave

• Like 43

Ver sad news to hear:(.

I've had the privilege of knowing Mark for quite a few years thanks to this quirky hobby of our's and I'll miss him and his humour.

My thoughts are with you Ali at this difficult time:(

Rest In Peace mate.

• Like 1

Very sad news, my thoughts are with the family....

Just recently I sent down a few sheets of Pdi glass to Mark, we exchanged quite a few messages and wanted to catch up for a beer at some point.

Looks like that beer will be in the arcade in the sky when I join you Mark....RIP

Kurt

Alison my condolences to you. Mark you will be sadly missed and thanks for the many laughs every time we caught up 😇 One memorable moment was Mark playing VR soccer and his unfortunate incident. Edited by hotty