IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 7 ~ Volley - Closed

GAME 7.... And we're playing tennis...

VPGL 18 - Game 7 ~ Volley

Nominated by VPGL legends, The Mozzies

​1307267267_IMG_2957(Small).JPG.5f938714dca0b1aea1d93b9f9cc3b81f.JPG

​​

Volley was released by Gottlieb in 1976 and it is a 1 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by: Ed Krynski

Art by: Gordon Morison

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=13234

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=11540

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 30 May 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

5 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will Ace the competition?

[gs]1JFbRZ1p1DF4WZ7_tnlpwmv0-_Pg7wAD8NoyfTs0irgI[/gs]​​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat

the backglass supposed to be just a .png file (from link)?

Sorry about that... been so short on time I didn't actually check the link. I have updated it now to one that appears to be what is needed.

They want scores on real machines.

I have uploaded a score for "Who Dunnit?" and am awaiting votes for the score to be accepted.

I trust you mate so I just approved it for you.

I trust you mate so I just approved it for you.

Thanks mate. It was a legit score... it was my test game before I packed the game up to take it to Pinfest last year. I'll be taking it again this year so maybe I'll beat it before I take it this year.

215,830......still got some work to do on my serve.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2216107}[/ATTACH]

:lolI’ve standing too close to the net get hit in the head:confused:

• Like 1

220960. It is a PB

I haven't quite been able to beat my highscore on this yet......still time though.

It's only about 3k higher than yours Russty, so look out! :072:

I haven't quite been able to beat my highscore on this yet......still time though.

It's only about 3k higher than yours Russty, so look out! :072:

:lolYour forgetting I follow your gameplay to a tee Crakkers. Start slow and Build. Let's see what you've got.

• Like 1

:lolYour forgetting I follow your gameplay to a tee Crakkers. Start slow and Build. Let's see what you've got.

Well I don't remember when I got the my highscore on this one, so there's a fair chance that I wasn't completely sober.

I reckon that fact might influence my new plan of attack...........and it's Friday night! :043:

Well I don't remember when I got the my highscore on this one, so there's a fair chance that I wasn't completely sober.

I reckon that fact might influence my new plan of attack...........and it's Friday night! :043:

Haha. Im in tears. I thought you'd be kicking back mate. Im going to have nightmares of bikini clad girls riding fish with big sharp teeth.:confused:

I thought you'd be kicking back mate. .:confused:

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. A couple more beers and I'll fire up the cab for a few more games of Volley.

You might need to explain the bikini girls riding fish with big sharp teeth thing.......you've lost me there! :unsure

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. A couple more beers and I'll fire up the cab for a few more games of Volley.

You might need to explain the bikini girls riding fish with big sharp teeth thing.......you've lost me there! :unsure

Ive been playing seawitch. I've been struggling to get get a groove after the 3 target banks are dropped. Not sure if you have you had a chance to update to VPX7 but JP has done a swag of games including this one. His VPX7 versions are incredible and I particularly like Big Indian. The graphics, physics and sound are a whole new level. Anyway to relive last nights moment here's the backglass from seawitch. If you focus real hard in the middle of the screen you may see what I see. Thanks mate for the banter I like your honesty and sense of humour. I makes it fun.

657399501_Seawitchbackglass.thumb.jpg.47c8843f1c8071dc56f73765221c2b5c.jpg

• Like 1

Ive been playing seawitch. I've been struggling to get get a groove after the 3 target banks are dropped. Not sure if you have you had a chance to update to VPX7 but JP has done a swag of games including this one. His VPX7 versions are incredible and I particularly like Big Indian. The graphics, physics and sound are a whole new level. Anyway to relive last nights moment here's the backglass from seawitch. If you focus real hard in the middle of the screen you may see what I see. Thanks mate for the banter I like your honesty and sense of humour. I makes it fun.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2216670}[/ATTACH]

Aaaah right, I'm with ya now. I'd never really had a good look at the Seawitch backglass - it's a beauty!

I haven't updated to 10.7 yet. I thought I'd wait until the final build comes out rather than have 2 versions on the cab, but I'm getting tempted. I guess I could just update and if I find it buggers up some existing games I could just switch back.

As for last night's plan of attack with Volley......it didn't work! Got a couple of 180k games along with a pile of rubbish.......I reckon I probably needed 2 more beers.:blink:

• Like 1

Aaaah right, I'm with ya now. I'd never really had a good look at the Seawitch backglass - it's a beauty!

I haven't updated to 10.7 yet. I thought I'd wait until the final build comes out rather than have 2 versions on the cab, but I'm getting tempted. I guess I could just update and if I find it buggers up some existing games I could just switch back.

As for last night's plan of attack with Volley......it didn't work! Got a couple of 180k games along with a pile of rubbish.......I reckon I probably needed 2 more beers.:blink:

Yeh it's funny with EM games the magic flow comes along when I least expect it. The harder I they the worse I seem to go.

Since uploading VPX7.1https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&at tach_id=32419 I haven't found a game that I haven't been able to play and it is stable.

I uploaded, VPX7, ( Save the old files to a folder and its pretty straight forward to go backwards if you want to)

I updated my DMD ext to Freezy v1.8 32 bit ( The all in one loader has the extension .msi and I required the dmdext-1.8.0-x86-Release.msi for my PIN2DMD), Colours are so vibrant now. https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extens...ses/tag/v1.8.0

I updated the B2S server 1.3.0.4https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=dow nload&do=confirm_download&hash=2a152e8fb7e82a1cb06 5282aa2e280bf and I updated my screen text file in the VPinmame table folder as per outhere's recommendations (https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?s...=7#entry346276). I set my screen text files assuming my backglass was the number 2 monitor but VPinMame doesn't use numbering the same as windows. My Back glass is now number 1 in the screen text file. That link explains what to do for your setup

For PUP games I updated to flex dmd https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd and I no longer have the clashes with Ultra DMD and windows.

Its all working fine and backwards compatible to all the games I have loaded on my machine.

Anyway that's where Im at.

Cheers. Im off to tackle the bikini clad fish riding seawitch and see If I can chip away.

• Like 1