Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLVIII - Game 2 ~ Rally-X (closes 4-Jul)

Name that tune ...

MGLXLVIII – Game 2 ~ Rally-X

Nominated by gamer: Blackflag82

ROMSet: RallyX

tdEXKPF.jpg

Game Story:

You control a small car running around in a maze. There are of course the obvious "bad guys", namely other cars that try to force an accident with you. While you try to dodge the other cars (and there's more of them in each level!) you have to collect the ten yellow flags to get more points. There's also a timer and a fuel gauge to take into account.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 4-Jul-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Red car danger ...

mjUdln4.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a strange game. They created an easy setting, and got mixed up with tough as nails. Namco was expecting this game to be bigger than Pac-man, looks like they got that mixed up as well ... :laugh:
  • Like 1

This is a strange game. They created an easy setting, and got mixed up with tough as nails. Namco was expecting this game to be bigger than Pac-man, looks like they got that mixed up as well ... :laugh:

I always enjoyed this game since first playing it in Disneyworld’s Contemporary Arcade.

I still play it more than Pac-Man!

• Like 1

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tTER_rallyx_2021-06-19_wolf232_83330.png Views:\t16 Size:\t2.5 KB ID:\t2215321","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2215321","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Well if this is just a starter, then you'll be ripping this one apart. Very nice score!

I always enjoyed this game since first playing it in Disneyworld’s Contemporary Arcade.

I still play it more than Pac-Man!

I get it too. BITD back here ... :redface ... Pac-man wasn't as popular in the arcades, anywhere near as much as in the US. In fact, the US market made Pac-man the great hit that it became. If it did not take off there, the yellow gobbler would have been just another game, with no Ms. Pac-man and the sequels, no TV shows, no outrageous dollars merchandise, and no dot dot dot. Bally Midway came up with the name, the US licensed rights and the marketing angles, and it made them super rich ... and Namco too. Bally Midway also bought an interest in the Namco company. Enough said, game time ... :cool:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":2215304}[/ATTACH]

On the list of games that make me angry, this one has always been right up there.

Then it's a good game then. What's drive without passion (all puns intended :rolleyes).

Did you ever wonder what was inside one of those expert books on video games? How good are they? Here's one from 1981, at the height of the craze. Judge for yourself ...

1r12mu3.png

rVvkF4l.png

pL9kXpZ.png

:cool:

That's the same book that says about the fruit progression on Pac-Man:

"The prize in the first screen is always cherries, in the second a strawberry and in the third a peach. Next come more fruits, chosen randomly, then assorted bells, medals and keys, then a series of gold and silver bars." :wtf:

If, to quote the next paragraph, "I've seen scores as high as 1,300,000" you'd think even in November 1981 they'd know the proper fruit order.

Fed some dodgy information methinks :lol

• Like 1

That's the same book that says about the fruit progression on Pac-Man:

"The prize in the first screen is always cherries, in the second a strawberry and in the third a peach. Next come more fruits, chosen randomly, then assorted bells, medals and keys, then a series of gold and silver bars." :wtf:

If, to quote the next paragraph, "I've seen scores as high as 1,300,000" you'd think even in November 1981 they'd know the proper fruit order.

Fed some dodgy information methinks :lol

This is why I asked the question about these expert books. I know some publishers at the time, asked some so called "experts" on video games, to provide some tips. These "experts" got paid for game information. So they got creative, and who would know (until later, but the horse has already bolted). When you hear a lot of noise, you may think there's a good band in town, but not necessarily. Some of the false high score gamers were approached, and they wrote some of these fantasies, made some good money, and duped the public and the publisher. Not all, but some turned out this way. And now you know why claiming over 2 million on Donkey Kong and the like, could be a good thing for your pocket, and a young kid at the time.

• Like 1

This is why I asked the question about these expert books. I know some publishers at the time, asked some so called "experts" on video games, to provide some tips. These "experts" got paid for game information. So they got creative, and who would know (until later, but the horse has already bolted). When you hear a lot of noise, you may think there's a good band in town, but not necessarily. Some of the false high score gamers were approached, and they wrote some of these fantasies, made some good money, and duped the public and the publisher. Not all, but some turned out this way. And now you know why claiming over 2 million on Donkey Kong and the like, could be a good thing for your pocket, and a young kid at the time.

Without naming names one of the people thanked at the front of this book is also mentioned in the first TG book. He was supposedly offered a magazine contract to write about tricks only known by the experts and paid $100 per trick. No one else could get these so called tricks to work and when questioned he'd just say "those tricks are only for experts." Nice work if you can get it

• Like 2