Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

need some help from the Sega gods

abeswick

Question

Hey guys have just started working on a Sega cab and am having the following issue, power is going everywhere but im getting a blank screen and no audio, I believe its a Sega X pcb the game is Racing hero, as you can see from the pics power to the board and monitor but nothing is working, where should I start or is there any trouble shooting advise, thanks for your help

16 answers to this question

Given that you are getting nothing on screen, I would test your power levels at the board itself. Low voltage caused by aging power supplied will result in the board not booting or intermittent resetting.

Your power levels should be such that you are getting a solid 5v at the graphics rom chips.

• Like 1

Hi Burty where is the graphics chip on the board? I tested the volts going into the pcb and it was just over 5, im happy to test the graphics chip, please see the new pics I just uploaded could you tell me which one the graphics chip is? thanks

As long as you're getting 5V on the board somewhere it is probably something else. On large multi board stacks you can get fairly significant voltage drop to the lower reaches, but on a single board its probably fine. My money would be RAM, ROM or glue logic as the root cause, assuming the de-suicide was ever completed successfully

The suicide chip is long gone, it would have been one of these in the large center socket.

480px-FD1094.jpg

The board has the decrypted ROMs and a stock 68000 CPU so it won't be that.

who would be the best person (preferably in Melbourne) who would be able to diagnosis and repair the pcb?

I'm probably the only one left in Mel who does board repair, at least publicly anyway. I put this thread up ages ago but its not a sticky anymore.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...board-probably

• Like 1