IGNORED

Houseball #5 2021 Dicky And Angelas 26th June Mount Cotton

I don’t every recall putting names in first. It may have happened if someone said put them in before the thread was up? Doing it the way you said would be a pain in the arse as I would have to wait on people saying they are coming or not .

Untagged names was because I had to quickly do the list while on lunch on my phone and couldn’t work out how to tag. I needed to get it done so people realised we were full.

The list would be even larger if I hadn’t added a few people as +1.

Grants Houseball always fills quick. Same thing each year.

Can I ask if there can be a houseball 2021 thread?

Reason being. At present the only way to know the thread has been posted is regularly search houseball - for the newest thread...

If it was a yearly thread then you will get a notification that your subscribed thread has had a comment or post....

The first post can update the newest comp.

I don't do and won't do F/B anytime soon. My choice I know.

Tell me does F/B notify you of the thread as opposed to AA not telling you???

If this is so I feel disadvantaged....And rightly so me thinks....

Otherwise it's like wait until Rusty has the time??? No insult meant Rusty, we all appreciate what you do.....

If it was announced on the same day each month then that would work but that would also be impractical.

What Pat has seen is probably the same 8 out of 10 names at the top of the list each time.

Prior knowledge???

@namastepat

Get me some popcorn too Pat...and a suit....:unsure

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason being. At present the only way to know the thread has been posted is regularly search houseball - for the newest thread...

If it was a yearly thread then you will get a notification that your subscribed thread has had a comment or post....

Otherwise it's like wait until Rusty has the time??? No insult meant Rusty, we all appreciate what you do.....

If it was announced on the same day each month then that would work but that would also be impractical.

What Pat has seen is probably the same 8 out of 10 names at the top of the list each time.

Prior knowledge???

@namastepat

Thanks for the advice but none of this will be happening.

Yes you are correct some get personal messages sent as often the host wants to make sure some people don’t miss out. This is done after I do the thread.

• Like 1

If you go to the forum page Pinball Competitions, Tournaments and Leagues: I believe you can hit 'subscribe' button top right and you should get an email notification of every new thread in this forum.

Alternatively, as a courtesy, someone could notify that the new houseball has been announced by posting a response in the previous houseball thread...

I understand 30 fills up quick, at the same time it's good to see new faces too. My second comp in Brisbane was actually at Woka's if I recall, I just messaged Hugh and he told me to rock up. I got mixed up, played a machine twice... Hardly following protocol, even for the time... and since I've become a big addict of pinball... So houseballs for newbies are definitely important too, you never know the influence you could have!

Thanks for organising, hosting, taking a chance on new people etc. I would host if I had the capability.

• Like 3

If you go to the forum page Pinball Competitions, Tournaments and Leagues: I believe you can hit 'subscribe' button top right and you should get an email notification of every new thread in this forum.

Alternatively, as a courtesy, someone could notify that the new houseball has been announced by posting a response in the previous houseball thread...

I understand 30 fills up quick, at the same time it's good to see new faces too. My second comp in Brisbane was actually at Woka's if I recall, I just messaged Hugh and he told me to rock up. I got mixed up, played a machine twice... Hardly following protocol, even for the time... and since I've become a big addict of pinball... So houseballs for newbies are definitely important too, you never know the influence you could have!

Thanks for organising, hosting, taking a chance on new people etc. I would host if I had the capability.

I did do this. I guess some missed it.

Between Facebook and AA if you miss out you miss out. Kinda like a Mando LE. You can’t keep everyone happy when there are limited numbers.

I actually remember that event at Wokas. You were so green.

• Like 1

Grant and Angela have been gracious enough to invite a few more into their home other then the initial list. Angela will be organising food so I don’t want to put pressure on her by having a large amount of people there so we are going to have to call an end to interest other than a “reserves list�.

I will allocate some time later to fix the list up when I am on my PC as I find it tricky to do it on my phone through a browser.

Prior knowledge???

@namastepat

It would be really hard to manage a thread that long.

If you were on FB then you can get invited to the event when it is listed. Then you would know straight away.

Otherwise the best option is what @Nicolas Noben said.. Just subscribe to the entire pinball comp forum and you will get an email whenever a new topic is made.

That way you would not miss it.

Ultimately with us all doing this as a side gig to our full time jobs there is no perfect solution that will suit everyone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

See below games list. Comp games to be advised.

Also if you can’t make it please let me know.

Jurassic Park LE

Avengers LE

High Speed

Grand Lizard

Diner

Taxi

Cirqus Voltaire

Monster Bash

Medieval Madness

Iron Maiden

Nine Ball

Cheetah

Quicksilver

Seawitch

Star Gazer

• Like 3

Such a great time in the shed. I enjoyed playing with all these well-kept machines. Thanks to Rusty for organising and Grant and Angela for hosting this one. The pulled pork was exceptional.
  • Like 2

Such a great time in the shed. I enjoyed playing with all these well-kept machines. Thanks to Rusty for organising and Grant and Angela for hosting this one. The pulled pork was exceptional.

I cant eat pork it gives me spitty bum:(

Thanks Dicky and Angela for having us. It is always a great day/night with some beautiful and rare machines to be played. It was great seeing some new people and them enjoying what Houseball provides. As always a big shout out to my helpers. It makes organising so much easier especially with the bigger numbers.

As I mentioned on the night with Masters next month (pending no Corona) we will skip a July event. When I have a date and venue for August I will post here that the list is up. Unfortunately as numbers have to be kept low at some hosts place not everyone that wants to came can and it is a first in basis.

• Like 5

Thanks Angela and Dicky for opening up the shed , great to catch up with everyone again and playing pinns you never see.. . To all the people that make it happen cheers ..
  • Like 2

Thanks Grant and Angela for a great houseball, I had a whale of a time!

Thanks also to Rusty and Cranky for their hard behind the scenes making it all run smoothly =]

• Like 1