Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vectrex consoles

I have noticed that Vectrex seems to have become a bit of a thing, then I realise it has been nearly 40 years since I delivered a lot of local newspapers to purchase one. In that time the newspaper became worthless and the vectrex unique :)

Anyway ironically I have two:

Unit 1 : found item, original box, excellent condition $650 ono

Unit 2 : this is the hard sentimental one. Represents early teenage me, has not been used in 20 odd years, comes with original box and a selection of games, which I will list with pictures. This is a spur of the moment decision brought about by the situation in Vic to offer it to someone who will use and enjoy it. Reserve will be $1150 ono.

Cheers David

Edited by Jonah Bones
  • Like 1

World has spun and changed a bit, remember the shop I purchased the 2nd unit from. In a strip of shops just down the road was a little electronics store, racks of components, shelves of parts, TV and radio repairs. I saw the Vectrex while browsing with Dad one Saturday morning after picking the papers from the newsagent, bread and custard tarts from the bakery. The big selling point was it would not interfere with Dad's TV viewing and the new AWA Thorn (made in Australia) colour TV, the first colour TV we had owned lol. Memories indeed.
  • Like 1

I sold mine with all games & an extra controller this year & I got $1,800 in total regardless of people on here saying I'd be lucky to make a $1,000 so grab a bargain.

Photo is of the last person to play it before I sold it.

DSC_0825.thumb.JPG.b63d3d258a901ecfe59ba25c93c19114.JPG

• Like 3