Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL 18 - Game 4 ~ Olympics - Closed

GAME 3.... And we're going to the Olympics...

VPGL 18 - Game 4 ~ Olympics

Nominated by VPGL legend, Yogo

​

1407538457_ooo(Small).jpg.059874d3c864292a0a9e6c5d4acc0f13.jpg

​

Olympics was released by Gottlieb in 1962 and it is a 1 player Electro Mechanical pinball machine.

Design by: Wayne Neyens

Art by: Roy Parker

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...showfile=15089

The B2S can be downloaded here:

Backglass can be found with the table download

The ROM can be downloaded here:

No ROM is required for this game

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 13 June 2021, Midnight Sydney time.

5 ball is default for this game so that is what we are playing.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will the Gold medal?

[gs]1iPnVFoRm_Zu13huCMe_N2j_kYYcb4bHVvbDsHuPRQlM[/gs]​​​

Edited by JustAnotherRat
  • Like 1

This one works on my laptop so I can play it whilst I'm away, happy days. My laptop is pretty old and it struggles with the bigger DMD style games.

Strategy: See ball, hit ball, hope

olympics.thumb.jpg.928db3e17fd3351899661c38ea4ac4e2.jpg

• Like 1

952 I think they were thinking we can get people’s coin really quick when this table was designed.

As a side note I just updated my machine to VP10.7, updated to Feezy,s 1.8 32 bit, and loaded up flex DMD. Ultra DMD was starting to get conflicts with Windows and flex DMD runs fine with deeper colours and uses more if the capability of my Pin2DMD. It looks so smick. Ive Played a few of JPs updated tables and I have to say virtual pinball has gone to a whole new level of realism and rediculously small file sizes to boot. The sound the physics, the 4K images, the ball shadows and reflextions are a whole new level and fun fun fun! Playing his Big Indian table was like playing a brand new spankin shiny EM machine. What legends. Exciting times ahead.

E5E2C945-08E2-4E24-B0FD-7A48973EE110.thumb.jpeg.10cc1d1cf4abcb76c65f468c8dd44b29.jpeg

• Like 2

1,209 (OR 1169) I scored 1209 but the post it only says 1169 for some damn reason. It did that on a lower score game earlier as well. Can somebody tell me what the purpose of those white things that have "Flipper" printed on them - they don't seem to be very useful in this particular game.

893c659a80f022d7290e4858b010cfed.png.ab90d74b82acc345a5d93b8a20138b98.png

Edited by PPLBob
  • Like 3

1,209 (OR 1169) I scored 1209 but the post it only says 1169 for some damn reason. It did that on a lower score game earlier as well. Can somebody tell me what the purpose of those white things that have "Flipper" printed on them - they done seem to be very useful in this particular game.

Accepted as 1,209

• Like 2

If I had 5 donuts for every game I’ve played I could make a lot of Olympic Rings. Yep a big fat donut is all I’ve got to add today. If I owned this game I’d use it as a boat anchor:o:ocan I say that. Oops. Nah I’d donate to the Sally’s :unsure

Can somebody tell me what the purpose of those white things that have "Flipper" printed on them - they don't seem to be very useful in this particular game.

I think they need to be a bit further apart too.........and I don't know of any other games that have outlanes halfway up the playfield!

1142........any chance we could wrap this one up early, so I don't have to play it again?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2213017}[/ATTACH]

Hahaha.:lol

1,209 (OR 1169) I scored 1209 but the post it only says 1169 for some damn reason. It did that on a lower score game earlier as well. Can somebody tell me what the purpose of those white things that have "Flipper" printed on them - they don't seem to be very useful in this particular game.

Not sure what those things are Bob. Im worried My machine is going to break if I shake it any harder.

Capture.PNG.899d6c105725bac86f52e7b0d77c9dcd.PNG

Thought I'd see why this game is frustrating people and about 2 games in it felt like the creators of this just wanted us to hate playing pinball.

I only played about 6 games, but that'll do me... I don't really have time to play right now anyway... I am hoping to find time to have a go on Theatre of Magic on my cab later.

• Like 1