Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Barn 2021 - bigger than Ben Hur edition

Leigh really proud of you doing this !

Danielle & I would love to attend to honour the legend that Yee was and still is in memory.

Pending lockdowns , border closures etc that we are becoming so frequent with in Victoria.

I had my passport sorted ready to go to NZ for Yees funeral last minute then NZ closed the bubble to Victoria ! I can’t win :(

Oh Leigh don’t fall over the open fire this time lol, you had Danielle concerned :)

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Thanks Jas,

That sounds like a plan.:)

Hey Ray, if I still make it tomorrow night I'll talk you thru it.

Camping or 20 minutes to a hotel if available via locked gate community

Many years ago at the barn the Circle of Trust was formed with those sitting by the fire. It was created by Yee, Leigh and myself.

The reason? Some people only go to these things with the sole purpose of getting points, so they turn up, eat, get their points and leave. Some again without even introducing themselves to others, thanking the hosts and bothering to talk and mingle. That is no lie. That's probably the reason why there are no comps at this meet.

This is going back to the roots and social side of meets. How they used to be. You come to meet up with your mates and make new ones.

So, if you were in the circle sitting around the fire, you were there for the right reason, according to us of course :lol and we were probably drunk :lol

• Like 16

Many years ago at the barn the Circle of Trust was formed with those sitting by the fire. It was created by Yee, Leigh and myself.

The reason? Some people only go to these things with the sole purpose of getting points, so they turn up, eat, get their points and leave. Some again without even introducing themselves to others, thanking the hosts and bothering to talk and mingle. That is no lie. That's probably the reason why there are no comps at this meet.

This is going back to the roots and social side of meets. How they used to be. You come to meet up with your mates and make new ones.

So, if you were in the circle sitting around the fire, you were there for the right reason, according to us of course :lol and we were probably drunk :lol

I would have sat and talked more at the barn in 2019 but everytime i wandered outside Edy was sitting in my comfy seat....

I looked at him and the workload still to happen from 3am onwards and thought the Bugger needed the seat more than me.....

I get it now, and Stuff the points IMO

If you look at this thread and the photos some of which date back over / up to a decade the same faces keep popping up.....

These would be true friends thanks to the likes of YEE

I assume almost everyone in these pic's found time to sit around the fire and talk absolute bullshit for hours....Even if YEE was napping....

• Like 4

I’ll start to add info tomorrow.

Cap will be at 150 peeps, there wouldn’t be that many who have put their hand up thus far. In the past I’ve capped it around 120, but at least 40 of the people that have said they are coming won’t leave the fire anyway 😂

• Like 13

Not sure if I can make two treks to NSW to play pinball in the same year (or any at all at the moment) but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

No comps because too much effort last time or just drew too much focus away from socials?

Sounds like an epic weekend! Would love to come if there is still room? Cheers ! Owen

I have a good friend that would really love to join the fun too if your happy for us both. ���