IGNORED

Vale Yee Fong - AA users Rocky2 and founder of NZ Pincade. We lost a great mate.

furballx

Some more pictures of Yee during his visit to Chicago in 2015. I was happy that I could (pretend) to be his tour guide on my side of the world in the windy city.

Sorry for the late post - I forgot I had these.

Gotta love that one on the balcony

Thanks for posting

• Like 2

Such sad news. First met Yee on a NZ trip with my wife in Sept/Oct 2009. Before leaving for NZ I did a call out for any NZ pinball players/collectors , Hamish answered and kindly picked my wife and I up from our hotel in Auckland and took us out to Yee's place. Yee was so welcoming to strangers , a person that you never forget.
  • Like 10

That was really hard saying goodbye. I’ve lost my Father and my Father-in-Law who was like the dad I never had. Losing Yee hits different. Its like the world just got a little dimmer if that makes sense. The fact that people from all of the different endeavours in his life reflected on Yee in the same way speaks volumes about the man.

Yee lived a life full of fun and hard work, friends and family, always saw the glass half full, and rarely complained about anything. Sometimes in life you don’t realise what you had until it is gone, my friendship with Yee is one of those things. I still can’t quite believe he’s not going to be at the next event. I kept looking around for him at the drinks we had before his funeral, and then the sharp realisation that he isn’t here anymore hit me at least 3 times during the night.

For my part I’m going to try and be more like Yee in the future and actually build connections when people reach out rather than being too busy with work. We should all try and be more like Yee, we’ve only got so much time on this earth, and only we get to choose how we spend it.

I will miss you Yee.

• Like 34

Good to see all the tributes to Yee, as has been said many times he was a top guy, who was always happy to help out at the drop of a hat. The turnout at his service showed how respected he was, both at Air NZ and in the arcade community.

A few have asked me about Pincade, so I’ll mention that here.

I spoke with Yee a few weeks ago, and during the conversation asked him what he would like to happen with Pincade, if he’d like me to carry it on in his name. He gave me his blessing to continue it as we saw fit, which was cool.

So at this stage, Pincade will be on again in early March 2022, as it has been for the last 15 years. (except this year, for obvious reasons...) Following the same format as previous years, social nights and the SYS11 champs etc. I’ll be having a chat to a couple of likely suspects to help run the social side of it.

I’m sure Hamish can come up with some appropriate artwork to honour the event as well - because Pincade will always be Yee’s (and Hamishes) event, no matter who ends up running it going forward.

Dave.

• Like 16

RIP Yee, so sad to hear this news

So very sad when the community loses someone special.

I only had a few dealings with Yee, and as others have said he seemed like a great bloke.

Condolences to his family and those close to him

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received this note from Cliff Rinear, (Cliffy's Pinball Innovations) after I mentioned Yee's passing away. On several occasions Cliff told me he would love to attend Pincade but never found the time.I share Cliffy's note hereunder:

"Oh no, thats not good news :( Yee bought stuff from me many times over the years. I have his marco polo street address still. Sad for everyone, please express my heartfelt condolences Roland "

• Like 4

I’m going to try and be more like Yee in the future and actually build connections when people reach out rather than being too busy with work. We should all try and be more like Yee, we’ve only got so much time on this earth, and only we get to choose how we spend it.

I will miss you Yee.

Was good to catch up again Leigh. Well said.

A small fire fire pit gathering was held in Yee’s honour.

He will never be forgotten.

• Like 2

I received this note from Cliff Rinear, (Cliffy's Pinball Innovations) after I mentioned Yee's passing away. On several occasions Cliff told me he would love to attend Pincade but never found the time.I share Cliffy's note hereunder:

"Oh no, thats not good news :( Yee bought stuff from me many times over the years. I have his marco polo street address still. Sad for everyone, please express my heartfelt condolences Roland "

I never met Yee in person but not for a lack of invitations from him. Yee was always inviting me to NZ, offering to put me up and host a shindig. I'm honored he cared that much. He was incredibly generous and patient despite having what seemed to be a never ending list of projects. Another legend lost, so very sad. Cheers to you Yee and Gods peace to his family

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

😭I keep seeing the banner up too and every time it reminds me that we'll never get to speak to Yee again , never get to hear him laugh again and never get to be in his presence again. I remember going to dinner with him and Timmy Chap at the NZ champs 2 years ago like it was yesterday. He was passionate about NZ and just such a warm, kind and gentle man. He made you feel welcome and important no matter what was being said. It saddens me immensely that we'll never see him again and I know that every one feels the same about him.

I hope everyone is ok because I know I get a little sad (but also happy with memories and just that fact I knew him) every time I see photos and the banner with Yee in them only for the fact that I wont see or talk to him again. Leigh is definitely right the world just got a little bit dimmer. 😭

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YEE BLOODY RIPPER UPDATE
OK, so it's been a while and with the new site unless you re-subscribe you may miss this so pass it on please.

As we just would have been toasting YEE at The BARN over the weekend but couldn't I wanted to update activity from a few weeks ago.

Unfortunate timing at the BM as AA was going thru a revamp. Now that that has been sorted I'd like to take the time to let those of whom were unable to make our little event that we had a round in honor of YEE.

A round of 34 Beers bought by myself and Lisa from the Christchurch Wolfpack.... I was asked to buy a drink for my Aussie mates but it  was good timing to toast YEE with pinball friends that have now formed great friendships due to the likes of YEE...

Thanx too to Tim Chapman who spoke some very kind words regarding YEE

YEE BLOODY LEGEND

YEE WILL BE MISSED

YEE YOU WERE THE BEST

• Like 2

Ah, No.

I can't believe I kept myself out of the loop.

Many years ago (pre-kids, in 2009) my wife and I were headed to NZ for a trip, and Yee selflessly invited us, internet strangers, to visit his home, to meet him and his wonderful family, enjoy some BBQ and of course, see his collection. It is a memory I still look back on and reflect how much of the positive side of a hobby someone can have and share.

Just my short addition to all the great things I have known, and have been hearing about Yee. RIP

• Like 4