IGNORED

Vale Yee Fong - AA users Rocky2 and founder of NZ Pincade. We lost a great mate.

furballx

Ill never forget the first time i attended the barn at one of Leigh’s meets. Upon seeing Yee loading machines in wth the forklift, the very first time I saw him.

Thinking that he was one of Leigh’s lowly paid foreign workers 😀. How we laugh about it now.

Lol!!! Yee was always my lowest paid foreign worker! Never asked for anything (except for a trip at some point to get his beloved Red Rooster) - and I'll never forget Yee and the NZ crew coming to help us tear down at night after Expo for which to this day I tell people about.

So my first Pincade - the second one I think? I'd already met Yee at Stu's mega meat/s, and he imparted wisdom to me that I'll never forget, and something that he repeated to me often over the years because I'm a very slow learner.

"Mate, this is a marathon, not a sprint"

Pretty much how he approached most things.

• Like 4

Such sad news!

Thank you Yee for all that you have done for this shared passion of ours in both New Zealand and Australia, always being that first guy to jump in and help.

Yee always had a smile, loved a chat and we spent many an hour having a laugh the odd game and posing for a photo to record the fun times we were all having.

Pincade was a yearly highlight for me and Yee helped me from that first trip, picking us up at the airport, hooking me up with my bro Karl, opening his house and others and supporting us tourists around the NZ scene.

You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.

So glad I was fortunate to call you a friend.

RIP mate!!!

3cea8b337d77278a12c8aa90b7400075.thumb.jpg.b6ff5c2c30dbefe83af9b9b5463b3f8a.jpg

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

Lol!!! Yee was always my lowest paid foreign worker! Never asked for anything (except for a trip at some point to get his beloved Red Rooster) - and I'll never forget Yee and the NZ crew coming to help us tear down at night after Expo for which to this day I tell people about.

So my first Pincade - the second one I think? I'd already met Yee at Stu's mega meat/s, and he imparted wisdom to me that I'll never forget, and something that he repeated to me often over the years because I'm a very slow learner.

"Mate, this is a marathon, not a sprint"

Pretty much how he approached most things.

Can 100% confirm that every single time he got in the car in Australia he had his eyes peeled looking for a Red Rooster. He could have eaten a full meal 5min before he went past one and he would be tapping the drive on the shoulder when he saw the sign. I swear they put something in that chicken that Kiwis are addicted to!

I reckon he had a reserve "Red Rooster" stomach that was empty most of the time just sitting....waiting...….

Good times.

• Like 6

Yee was such a good guy, very welcoming to any new comers who were interested in the scene

His Trademe account has 2543 positive feedbacks. Not a single neutral or negative mark. Nobody has a score like that. Just goes to show the caliber of person he was. I'm glad I got to know him

Capture.JPG.8d45c37d913fc5ce0ed929feed3041f5.JPG

• Like 5

Yee is the only bloke who doesn't age in these photos....

All the rest of us have lees hair and less teeth.....

Some of us have no hair and no teeth....:lol

KEEP THE PICTURES COMING GUYS

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I was having a drink with Trav and Kurt sat night when we heard the news. We raised a glass and saluted him and started telling Yee stories. What a fantastic guy and what fantastic memories he created for so many of us. That photo on his balcony! One of the best afternoons I've ever had we were all laughing so much at the Pincade shenanigan's.Great to see that pic at Mega Meat above where i first met him. Lovely words furby and vale Yee - if all we leave is the memories then you left us the better for knowing you and sharing so many good times. You will be missed.

• Like 13

I was having a drink with Trav and Kurt sat night when we heard the news. We raised a glass and saluted him and started telling Yee stories. What a fantastic guy and what fantastic memories he created for so many of us. That photo on his balcony! One of the best afternoons I've ever had we were all laughing so much at the Pincade shenanigan's.Great to see that pic at Mega Meat above where i first met him. Lovely words furby and vale Yee - if all we leave is the memories then you left us the better for knowing you and sharing so many good times. You will be missed.

~in the ghetto~

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I have been advised that Yee's service will be open to all & also that is was OK to post for information here.

Viewing 11.30-12.30

Ceremony 1.00-2.00

Refreshments 2.00-3.00

Ann's funeral home

11c Bolderwood Place

Wiri, Auckland.

• Like 2

One of the nicest men to walk this earth and I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet him. It’s a really sad that he left us early. There is no way he will be forgotten though.

Here are a few pics for our visits.

c7afbc768df08cc3cbbf20222f9a34b4.thumb.png.c4a716b28a31dde77dab53e2509955d7.png

cc065fc5a2150005d91292c24cc6e0ef.thumb.jpg.78b5aa73962a22b3e8daece89da9eaf9.jpg

724955b0973df8b8968db2b9cab80fed.thumb.jpg.d3f341079102e1c2cafa38bf326c3d89.jpg

• Like 4

Pincade 2011 - Hamish's place

P1020388.jpg

Sneaky Meet 2011 - hiding in the background (I've got so many photos where he's lurking in the background

sneaky-meet-2011.jpg

Pincade 2012 - nick64

nick64-2012-pincade-5.jpg

Pincade 2012 - nick64

nick64-2012-2-pincade-5.jpg

The Barn 2012 - via Mal (spacies), my f**king lounge room 😂

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/spacies/IMAG0637.jpg

The Barn 2012 - the very first circle of trust - via Paul (Rollerball)

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z314/rollerball230967/SAM_2207.jpg

Expo 2014 - setup

Expo-2014-setup.jpg

Expo 2014 - 3am Kebabs

Expo-2014-setup-3am-kebabs.jpg

Expo 2014 - 3am Kebabs part 2

Expo-3am-Kebabs.jpg

Expo 2014 - fixing shitters (aka Dan's machines :) )

Expo-2014-pinball-tech.jpg

Expo 2014 - Day 2

Expo-2014-day-2.jpg

Expo 2014 - some of the kiwi crew

Expo-2014-Kiwi-Crew.jpg

Expo 2014 - the work health and safety how not to crew (packing up)

Expo-2014-packup.jpg

Expo 2014 - the boys about to throw me in the back of the truck and ship me off to the gulag for doing this to them

Expo-2014-packup-3-amigos.jpg

Just because I had to ..... and who could forget the Solidarity Brothers - Sneaky Meet 2011

solidarity-brothers-sneaky-meet-2011.jpg

• Like 15

Posted (edited)
I have been advised that Yee's service will be open to all & also that is was OK to post for information here.

Viewing 11.30-12.30

Ceremony 1.00-2.00

Refreshments 2.00-3.00

Ann's funeral home

11c Bolderwood Place

Wiri, Auckland.

The Funeral is this Thursday (27th May) and there should be a Livestream which I'll share once I have the details.

Thanks to everyone who has posted photos.

Edited by Radar
  • Like 4

The Funeral is this Thursday (27th June) and there should be a Livestream which I'll share once I have the details.

Thanks to everyone who has posted photos.

Thanks mate , the live stream details would be very much appreciated.

I was going to fly over but with Covid and lack of travel never renewed my passport that now has only one month left on it . Looks like after all the calls made I’m not going to be able to get a emergency one quick enough but will know for sure Wednesday.

I have to say it was an honour to call such and generous and caring man a friend. I stepped away form the hobby a few years ago, but our friendship continued.

He was always willing to lend a hand, from cutting up firewood, unloading containers of pins or just lending an ear in though times.

I will miss that positive beat cheeky smile.

For a small man he had a big heart and underneath a tiny frame hid a pillar of strength,

(he once lifted the full weight of a TZ, moving it into PaulOz basement)

Rest is peace mate, you had one hell of a game

1473963056_ScreenShot2021-05-04at9_22_57AM.thumb.png.4de61966470d11e9efe86a0d2a04b740.png

• Like 10

This is so sad to read. I did not even know Yee was sick as I've been kind of out of the pinball loop for quite a few years now. I first met Yee through HamishNZ maybe 15 years ago and felt he was instantly a great friend. Reading through all of the posts it's quick to see he had the same impact on everyone he met. For me Yee was someone who brought people together. He made sure everyone was comfortable and made a real effort for people to get to know each other.

I send my condolences and best wishes to Yee's family and friends during this tough time.

I'm not great with words so I hope this comes out right.... for me, one of the greatest things about this hobby was always the great people I've met. Sadly I let this slip over the years and have missed many opportunities to spend time with great people such as Yee and many others here. Yee's passing has really made me think of priorities and spending time with great people is something that is so important. I do not wish to let some great friendships slip away as I have. It's too late for me now to reacquaint myself with Yee again but I do hope to meet up again with the great friends in this community. To me this is what Yee was all about.

• Like 13

I have to say it was an honour to call such and generous and caring man a friend. I stepped away form the hobby a few years ago, but our friendship continued.

He was always willing to lend a hand, from cutting up firewood, unloading containers of pins or just lending an ear in though times.

I will miss that positive beat cheeky smile.

For a small man he had a big heart and underneath a tiny frame hid a pillar of strength,

(he once lifted the full weight of a TZ, moving it into PaulOz basement)

Rest is peace mate, you had one hell of a game

Agreed mate. I was always shocked at the size of his heart in helping people, and how bloody strong he was especially at his age. I remember moving my pimped out WOZ with him one year from downstairs in the Batcave to the upstairs garage. I was knackered. He didn’t break a sweat. I’m 20 years younger :)

• Like 2

Yee was an absolute champion, for driving Pincade all those years, and more importantly for just being the funny, generous and humble man that we all came to know and love.

In June 2019 at "The Barn" meet I took 30mins to chat to Yee as I was just starting my podcast venture to collect some stories of people in the hobby. I was happy with the talk, even though I talk a bit much in those early interviews (still learning), but I feel his character and humility really shines through. If you want to, please have a listen to his dear voice and enjoy his infectious warmth and charm one more time.

https://www.pinballspots.nz/podcast/episode-5-yee-fong

Simon

• Like 14

• Super Moderator

Yee's service will be live streamed however in accordance with family request, the details MUST NOT be put up here for any old member of the public to view.

If you are an AA member and wish to view the service please post a request in this thread and someone will send you the link and password by PM. Once a few people have it then it should get around to the people who want to view.

I can be PM'd directly for details but I will not be able to answer after midnight tonight (Tuesday 25th). From then on it is up to you guys.

Dave

• Like 4

Hi Yee, miss you,

Miss your smile, enthusiasm, generosity and commitment.

IMG_20210525_190737.jpg.273701e76fe4b8313db322031d9e6b0b.jpg

Got great memories of meetups, you always took time to speak with everyone. Ben such a joy to know you.

Mikie

IMG_20210525_190727.jpg.e093ae563bc52e243ff12b9f9d77dcaa.jpg

IMG_20210525_190727.jpg.0ba2ba1a350dc1bf1ec730211aea64d7.jpg

• Like 6