Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vale Yee Fong - AA users Rocky2 and founder of NZ Pincade. We lost a great mate.

out of interest how old was yee?

he never seemed to age a day

Early to mid 60s. I use to know exactly but it never seemed to affect him. I’m 43 in a couple of months, Yee was roughly 20 years older than me.

• Like 2

5B88F97D-A6B8-4968-B959-04173055DC70.thumb.jpeg.ef575fbb8b8684133ea4b743594a31e7.jpeg Thanks Yee for being a mate and an amazing travel companion on so many adventures including Sydney pinball expo, barn meets and Illawarra Steelers meet. The big Chicago lasVegas LA trip, the Texas Oklahoma trip and all the travel around NZ. We liked the same things, beer, pinball and buckets of chicken wings. Your pincade connected all the downunder pinheads and more, and we owe it to you to keep your dream alive in some way shape or form. Rest In Peace my friend,

• Like 18

I only had the pleasure to meet Yee at the Barn and as everyone said he was friendly and talkative right from the get go. I could tell instantly he had a real passion for pinball, although I never realised how much until I read all the posts above.

I can recall a bunch of us sitting around the fire in the wee hours, and there was Yee, sound asleep with his beer firmly in his grasp.

RIP and condolences to his family.

• Like 2

Yee's service will be live streamed however in accordance with family request, the details MUST NOT be put up here for any old member of the public to view.

If you are an AA member and wish to view the service please post a request in this thread and someone will send you the link and password by PM. Once a few people have it then it should get around to the people who want to view.

I can be PM'd directly for details but I will not be able to answer after midnight tonight (Tuesday 25th). From then on it is up to you guys.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I can also provide the Funeral livestream details on request if you PM me...

• Like 1

I can help as well with the Stream details if anyone needs them and would like to send me a pm.

Stream starts at 10.45 am OUR time. Thursday 27th of May.

:(

Edited by Railways

Yee welcomed me into his house on my very first trip overseas (and first time on an aeroplane to overcome my fears) to attend Pincade in 2011.

I stayed with Yee at his house for those 5 days and he instantly made me feel at home and had an energy and spirit that shone through so bright.

I couldn't help but smile whenever Yee was around. He had a constant smile on his face and a personality that made everyone feel good.

I have attended every Pincade in NZ possible since that year (10 in total) and Yee has left an impression in my heart i will remember forever.

Yee. You bloody legend mate.

A few photos over the years with Yee.

157f659bfb5ef45661838225a5208787.jpg.3faafa9f7af8dfe05ca6171eb6f1ba30.jpg

ccd181005e7c2594592eb3f8a8d3f1d0.thumb.jpg.c6e90df0f95f633b1817a4c901385f88.jpg

b1cead96e24fa55c780ca7ce59d593bd.thumb.jpg.252d0d8418849026c8bf21fda6000068.jpg

3488ec4c44a71815b6be46e9c76c2e46.thumb.jpg.1cce3c07425276b81442867b3ef7a663.jpg

• Like 11

Found a couple more pics 2012 Willie's place back then , very late on the Sunday night from memory ..

Nick thanks for sharing ! Don’t have these photos so have saved them. Yee just always smiling , I am so proud to have had such a good friend full of happiness 24/7 from another country more so a brother from another country.

I can’t tell you how much I am going to miss this absolute gentleman , Yee gone far too soon but always remembered.

• Like 7

Some more pictures of Yee during his visit to Chicago in 2015. I was happy that I could (pretend) to be his tour guide on my side of the world in the windy city.

Sorry for the late post - I forgot I had these.

8db68037e2a03c0e0159ebd20f8d170d.thumb.jpg.d2b02644d4ab0d949d10ee4d5760841c.jpg

ac6dabfd825d12f4b61ef30cb3a91756.thumb.jpg.834cfaad496ecb3ad78859c33e6f27f0.jpg

88af1a9ecbb52be34faa13f25616ee94.thumb.jpg.29981b2f2cb49f8bbef081f3c450b516.jpg

4f6d628e44aa3f8c4db52fef2921a23e.thumb.jpg.db8fcc5ea8905f2d8502ba8fb4c95a25.jpg

8f491e3e5a492ede9adff9eb47122754.thumb.jpg.4c945700c448de1dd0b4f9d7bbe45651.jpg

22ba3ef0206cc376deab8607e5bc2963.thumb.jpg.f0cb9c4de74a2e4c31af752b44852835.jpg

Edited by TheYank
  • Like 17

So sorry to hear this news, while I did not know Yee really well we caught up multiple times at the barn, expo, pincade, Steelers meet and so on. He always had a smile on his face and loved a good chat.

I cannot add much more to what has already been said, RIP Yee and condolences to his family.

I have one photo of Yee in his favourite state.

Tired.thumb.jpg.7e3cc5ff016cc705d297f5b8522e649a.jpg

• Like 12

Still cant believe it aye....far out...just gutted. He's one of those people that impact you. You know, theres people in your lives that you dont cross every day (years?) and when theyve gone its like...***** this Shite! Not many people in this world that have such an impact on so many peole - just sayin. Had to work all day...watched the stream....blondes bourbon nuff said...Love ya Yee....like everyone else you touched . Kua hinga te t�tara i Te Waonui-a-T�ne - English - The t�tara tree has fallen in T�ne’s great forest - someone of mana (spiritual, super spirit - loosely translated) and of great importance to the tribe has died. Yes you were the leader and great importance of the Pincade tribe and the Pinball community that reached the globe.
  • Like 15

• Administrators
I watched the Live stream today and it was very heart warming and full of great Yee exploits. He certainly lived a very busy and full life.

RIP mate :(

Yeah it was a great tribute, couldn't have asked for more.

• Like 1

Only ever had the chance to meet him the once but he was such a lovely chap. He'll live on forever via the spirit he infused into Pincade. It really is one of the greatest pinball meets in the world.

RIP

• Like 2

i only got to hang with yee 3 times.

his passing has left me really sad.

has made me thinking a lot.. can't even start to explain how much of an honour it was to have yee and the new zealand guys come to my last meet.

was a highlight for the steelers shed.

notice every photo posted he had a massive smile on his face?

think we need to really celebrate his life and the people we have all got to meet and hang with through forums.

people we have made great, lifelong fiends with through this hobby.

maybe I should do a meet in yee's honour

Edited by illawarra_steelers
  • Like 14

Yee introduced me to Pincade. You could not have met a nicer person. Can’t find the photo, had to teach Yee how to take a selfie at Dave and Nickies place one night. It is somewhere here. To finish up, Yee thanks for everything ��
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Leigh and I just arrived home from a lightning trip trip to NZ for Yee's service. We caught up with a lot of our NZ mates last night for a beer and a feed (a few to many for some of us), where we told our war stories and had a laugh or two in such a tough time. All of us who have been to NZ for Pincade have been fortunate to meet and befriend a great bunch of people. I feel very lucky to call you people my mates. One of the last things Yee said to me a little over two weeks ago was "we had some great times didn't we?" Everyone who was part of the pinball events and meets that Yee attended/organized gave him something, as well us getting something back from him. That's how friendships work. The overwhelming feeling from the day was that we should all be doing a better job of keeping in contact with our friends and see each other more often. I agree.

The posts above accurately reflect how I knew Yee. He was either working, laughing or sleeping. This comment is well reflected in the people who spoke at his service today and all of the photos people have posted. I have to struggle to find a pic where he is not smiling or doing something to get or give a laugh. That quickness to laugh is why I loved him as such a great mate.

There were a bucket-load of people at Yee's service today, from all of his life interactions.

Yee would have felt a little bit humbled I think.

• Like 30