IGNORED

LAST FLIGHT OF RED BARON

Posted (edited)

Victorian style reverse glass gilding is a lost art, and beyond the scope of this thread, But it is part of this project so as a brief overview...I haven't even opened my kit in like 25 years, taught by a old guy that was abusive as hell, just expected everyone who worked there to know everything, but would take lables off cans and mark them with a type of shorthand so the competitors wouldn't know the secrets, A hard way to live as you had to know the smell of the products you were working with...Anyway, glue chipping is a method of breaking glue off a piece of glass leaving a golden glue residue, and since this is a arcade machine, I am seriously considering plexiglass as a more traditional marquee bezel....Well this may create a problem, as chipping glue off plexiglass may or may not even be possible, this will have to be tested, and if all else fails will be done as a simulated chip with varnish...Just an update on fitting parts.

Edited by CandyLand
  • Like 2

The 6 usb programmable fiber optic  lazers showed up, we will do a full review on these when I get some time, with 3 different programmable flash modes these will be used on top of the Lumilor for the leading edges of the wings not only to separate the plane from the sun, but to also give the illusion of it flying away from the viewer, into the sun as sideart created of light on a flat panel.

Edited by CandyLand
  • Like 2

This is what Jenn is talking about if you guys want to look into them...Yes this could have been cheaper by weaving 1 line through all 6 wings, (3 on each side) but I would not have got the individual flash patterns, Anyway they are made of glass not plastic for optical clarity, so encapsulating them into a solvent based panel they will be less prone to crazing and premature failure...Obviously 6 doesn't hit that 1.7k mark, but the usb hubs are actually commercial grade airplane stuff, and ya, the pain is real.

Screenshot_20220114-065953_Chrome.jpg

Edited by CandyLand
  • Like 1